Part 2

Be Careful What You Wish For

Here is the next part. There is only going to be one more chapter after this. Hope you enjoy :)  


The timer goes off and Jongdae stares at it, startled and not sure what to do. A metal door swings open, letting in natural light to the dimly-lit room. The ticking of the clock continues and Jongdae holds onto Minseok's hand, needing some type of support.
“J-Jongdae.”
“Yea?”
“I think we should go.”
Jongdae gulps, swallowing the lump that formed in his throat. He nods, letting go of Minseok's hand. “Yea, okay. Let's go.” Jongdae stands up, waiting for Minseok to get off the floor. They both stare at the open door, scared of what would happen once they left this room. But the clock kept ticking and five minutes had already passed. They knew they couldn't waste anymore time. Every second counted.
Taking deep breaths, Jongdae tried to calm himself down. Taking careful steps, Jongdae stepped closer to the light coming from outside, terrified at what would happen to him.
“J-Jongdae!”
Turning around, Jongdae saw that Minseok was still in the same place as he was a few seconds ago. “Minseok, what's wrong?”
Looking down at his feet, Minseok bit his lip. “I-I can't do this alone.”
Jongdae stared, not understanding what Minseok meant. He looked at the boy cowering by the wall, rubbing his hands together. He saw the fear in his eyes when Minseok looked up. He recognized it instantly because that's exactly what he was feeling at the moment. Everything going on at the moment was scary. There was no doubt about that. It was then that Jongdae realized what Minseok meant.
“Do you want to hold my hand?” Jongdae asked, concern in his voice.
Minseok blushed but nodded his head. Something squeezed inside of Jongdae's chest and he hated himself for feeling this way when they were in danger. He went back to Minseok and grabbed one of his hands. It was slightly clammy but he didn't care. Minseok needed him and that's all that mattered. He was going to be there with him throughout all of this.
“Ready to go?” Minseok nodded again. Jongdae took small steps, not wanting to rush Minseok. The boy seemed to be feeling a little better as he began walking at Jongdae's pace, not being dragged anymore. The two made their way to the door, squinting at the bright light as it got closer to them. They paused when they were just a few steps away from the outside. They looked at each other once more and Jongdae squeezed Minseok's hand. The ticking clock was still going off in the background, but they paid no mind to it.
“Let's do this.” Jongdae said, pulling Minseok forward and running out of the door.
Once outside, Jongdae had to cover his eyes from how bright everything was. It was a pretty cloudy day, but after being inside that dark room for so long, everything burned at his eyes. Jongdae looked around, trying to spot Minseok. He began to panic when he couldn't find him right away, spinning in circles, looking for him.
“Minseok?” Jongdae called out. He debated on whether to check inside the room, but decided against it, not wanting to go in there ever again. He figured that Minseok wouldn't want to go back there anymore, either. “Minseok!”
“It's ing glass! We can't leave!”
Jongdae saw Minseok banging on something, but from Jongdae could see, it seemed as if he was hitting nothing. “What are you doing?”
Minseok turned around, face red and teeth bared. “He was ing serious. This isn't a ing game. He really wants us to do this.”
Jongdae walked forward, a little frightened at an angry Minseok, but wanted to see what he was talking about. He had only taken a few steps when he heard Minseok yell at him.
“Stop!”
But it was too late. Jongdae's face had already smashed into the clear surface, tumbling backwards and falling down on his . He sat there, stunned, before the pain in his nose brought him back to reality. “Ow.”
Minseok kneeled beside him. “Holy , are you okay?”
“So that's the glass?”
Minseok sighed, inspecting Jongdae to see if he was bleeding anywhere. “Yea, that's the glass.”
“That really hurt.”
“I'm sorry, I tried to warn you.”
Jongdae shook his head and tried to get up. “Whatever, it's fine. It's okay.” He felt Minseok's hand grab his. He was pulled up and he crashed into Minseok's arms, face just a few inches from each other. Jongdae felt his heart speed up and just when it was too much to handle, Minseok let go, taking two big steps away from him. “I-I'm sorry.”
“Oh. It's okay.”
The two stood there awkwardly. Jongdae was looking around at the area where they were dumped and spotted something posted again the glass surface. “Hey, what's that?”
Minseok looks around, trying to spot what Jongdae was talking about. “Where?”
Jongdae ignored him, keeping his eyes on the two objects that seemed to floating in mid-air. He stepped towards them, trying to figure out what they were. He didn't want to step too close to them in case they happened to be traps. Jongdae didn't want to die before he got a chance at trying to survive. As he got closer, he could see a sign posted on next to the items. He could barely make out what it said, but he could read the words printed in bold letters.
VALUE YOUR TIME
From where Jongdae was standing, he saw that the items were two black watches, counting down the remaining time they had left. With shaking hands, Jongdae ripped the two watches from the glass, watch as the seconds ticked by, mocking him. He already knew his time was limited, he didn't need a reminder. Turning one of the watches around, Jongdae saw his name engraved in fancy letters.The other one had Minseok's name on it.
“Jongdae, what is that?”
Jongdae jumped, surprised to hear Minseok so close all of a sudden. He turned around, handing one of the watches to Minseok. “It's a timer, I think. It's counting down how much time we have left.”
Minseok's face paled as he saw how much time had passed by already, and they haven't even moved from the beginning of their journey.
166:47:32
Over an hour had passed without either of them noticing. “I think we should start moving.”
Jongdae nodded.
Strapping the watches onto their wrist, both of them looked at the mess of trees in front of them. They knew they had to move and fast if they wanted the slightest chance of surviving. They grabbed each other's hands again, this time without even asking for it. They needed to reassurance that someone else was there for them. That someone else was in the exact situation they were.
Jongdae didn't realize they had started walking until he felt leaves brush at his cheek. He turned his head and saw that they were already a good distance away from the room they were thrown in. Looking ahead of him, he saw a small trail, just big enough for him and Minseok to walk on it, curving so he couldn't see where he was going. Leaves and branches were blocking his view and he constantly had to move so that he wouldn't get whacked in the face. Occasionally, Minseok would move towards him, causing them to brush shoulders or lightly drag their hair across the other's face. Jongdae didn't mind it at all, but it caused his heart beat to accelerate and he couldn't focus him on the path. He ended up getting hit by branches and tripping over his feet several times and Minseok had to save him from falling before he fell face first in dirt.
They walked in silence for a long time, neither of them really knowing what to say to each other. What was there to say? Jongdae's mind was too busy worrying about the days to come. From the look on Minseok's face, he was probably doing the same thing.
Jongdae instantly began regretting everything he did that got him into this situation. If he had never gone to that party, none of this would have ever happened. It was too late for that now. It was a little too late for a lot of things.
It was an hour and a half into their walk that they encountered the first obstacle. Jongdae had heard a soft whirring noise, quiet enough that it made him think it was nothing at all.
But as he kept walking, the whirring got louder.
“You hear that too, right?” Minseok asked, stopping.
“Yea, I do. What is that?”
“I don't-”
A loud bang sounder from behind them and they both turned around, scared. Both of their eyes widened as they saw the walls closing with huge force, almost strong enough to make the thick glass shatter. The smashing walls started off far away, getting closer and closer to them.
Gasping, Jongdae grabbed Minseok's wrist and pulled him. “Run!”
They sprinted, forcing their bodies to move fast as the banging began to get louder. They jumped over falling branches, smacking things out of their way, desperate to get away, wanting to avoid getting crushed.
Jongdae made the mistake of looking back, wanting to see how far away their death was, when he stumbled, foot falling into a hole in the path. He flailed, trying to grab anything to keep him upright, but all he got was a few leaves that came loose when he tugged too hard. Jongdae's cheek hit the ground, sending black spots into his vision. He tried getting up but with each movement he did, a wave of nausea was sent over him.
“Jongdae, get up!” He heard Minseok's voice trying to get through to him, but it was faint and it sounded like he was far away. He felt a pair of hands grabbing at him, forcing him on his feet. There was a pounding going on in his head and he was pretty sure it was from the glass trapping them, but it increased his headache. Someone was pulling him along and his vision was getting blurry, everything moving way too fast.
He saw Minseok's face, eyes filled with terror, sweat glistening on his forehead. The sound was getting louder now and if Jongdae were to look back again, he knew that he would find the walls right on their tail, a few feet away from crushing them.
Jongdae's eyes could make out a red area in front of them. He didn't know what it was but beside him he heard Minseok sob with relief and began running faster, pulling Jongdae along beside him.
Jongdae was pushed onto the red floor, feet flying out from under him. Jongdae landing on his back, all the air being knocked out from his lungs. Minseok landed next to him, breathing hard.
Lifting his head a little bit, Jongdae saw that the walls had stopped right in front of the red floor, blocking them from going back from where they came from.

Minseok was sobbing next to him, hands cradling his face.
“M-Minseok?”
The other boy just shook his head, sobbing even more. Jongdae scooted over to him, putting an arm around him. “Hey, Minseok. It's okay. We're alive.”
“You don't understand!” Minseok screamed, startling Jongdae. “We almost died and you're acting like it's not big deal!”
Jongdae stiffened beside the other. He knew it was his fault that they were almost killed and he felt extremely guilty for putting Minseok through that. What they had just been through had been horrible and drained the energy out of them and if any of the things they were to encounter were just as bad or worse, Jongdae wasn't sure if they would be able to make it to the end.
Jongdae stayed with Minseok until he calmed down. It was beginning to get dark and he could feel himself falling asleep with every passing second. “Minseok?”
“Hm?”
“Let's get some rest. We can plan what to do tomorrow. We'll think this through, okay?”
Minseok nodded and laid down, using his arm as a pillow. Jongdae sighed and then laid down next to him, facing the other direction. They didn't have anything with them so he had to adjust himself several times before he found a position that was comfortable enough to sleep in.
It was only a few minutes before he felt himself dozing off and Jongdae tried to have a peaceful sleep while braving the cold night air.
Jongdae had a sleepless dream, tossing and turning the whole night through.


***


Minseok sat awake, staring up at the night sky. He tried to fall asleep but he had had no success, mind too busy for him to rest. Minseok sighed as Jongdae whimpered and turned in his sleep again. Minseok had lost count on how many times Jongdae had done this and he felt something in his stomach twisting everytime the boy would let out a sound that made him seemed scared. The sleeping boy was shaking, curling in on himself, trying to get warmth but to no avail. It was colder than most nights but Minseok had to guess that it was due to the fact that he was sleeping outside with no protection and he had never once done that before.
He recounted the day's events in his head, fear settling into in chest again. What had happened scared him, leaving him to wonder about what was to come next. If what Jinki said was true, than him and Jongdae would have to face many more challenges just like the one they faced today.
It surprised him to see what was happening behind him, trying to process what was coming towards him. If it weren't for Jongdae, he probably would've stayed standing until it was too late.
But then Jongdae fell and Minseok felt his heart shatter. The boy fell with a large thud on the hard dirt floor. He didn't get up and Minseok was scared that he had fallen unconscious, the walls getting closer and closer. Minseok forced him up, however, and they made it to the marked safe zone. He broke down into tears, relieved and terrified that they had almost died but hadn't.
What had hurt him the most was the thought that he had almost lost Jongdae. He didn't know why because the boy was fine, just a little shaken up.
That thought is what was keeping him awake.
What if he couldn't protect him? What if he ended up dying before Minseok had a chance at deciding whether he should let Jongdae live or not?
He didn't know if he could live with himself if he chose to let Jongdae die. How would he go on with his life without seeing the face that brightened up his mornings everyday with just a smile? His feelings for Jongdae were growing everyday, despite where they were. It broke his heart when he saw the terrified boy huddled up in the corner the first day. Of all the people who could've been paired up with Minseok, Jongdae was the unlucky one.
One of them was going to die at the end of the week. There was no way in avoiding that. Minseok didn't know how they were going to decide this. They couldn't save themselves, after all. The other person had to be willing to let them live.
This was all too much for Minseok.
Jongdae whimpered again, a violent shiver going through him. Before Minseok could process what he was doing, he grabbed Jongdae and pulled him closer, cradling the boy. His skin was cold and Minseok tried to warm him up with the little body heat that he had.
Minseok began to sing softly, not saying and lyrics in particular, just anything that came to mind. It wasn't the best music out there, but it wasn't like he was going to recording studio and put out a single anytime soon. The self-composed song varied in emotions, starting off as happy before shifting into a heart-broken tune, Minseok pouring out pent up emotions that he didn't know he had.
“The selfish me who only thought about myself. I didn't know your feelings and ignored it.”
Minseok felt his throat tighetning, the words affecting something inside of him. Jongdae had stopped whimpering, though, so he continued singing despite what he was feeling.
“I didn't know how to be thankful for love. I thought that the end was the end.”
He let out a shaking breath, getting ready to finish his song.
“I'm struggling to find you, who I cannot see. I'm struggling to find you, you who I cannot hear.”
Minseok clamped his mouth shut, trying to hold back the sobs that were surely there and wanting to escape. He looked down at the boy in his arms, glad that his singing had helped him calm down a little bit, even though he was still shivering from the cold.
Minseok fell asleep not too long after that, not catching the slightly open eyes of Jongdae, biting his lip, having heard everything that came out of the older boy's mouth.


***

Jongdae reluctantly wakes up Minseok very early the next morning, the sun barely rising. He know that Minseok didn't get much sleep last night, but they have to keep moving. They don't know what lies ahead of them.
It took a few minutes of Jongdae coaxing and poking at Minseok for him to get up, but he wasn't really alert when on his feet. He seemed to have falling asleep standing up and Jongdae had to guide him for the first thirty minutes of their day.
Neither of them talked, wary of anything that could pop out at any moment. It was still cold out, their breaths visible. Minseok had regained some of his senses but he still wasn't in the mood to talk so Jongdae tried to stay a few feet away in case the older wanted to be alone.
Checking the black watch, Jongdae sighed at the numbers staring back at him.
157:28:12
It seemed like a lot of time but Jongdae had no idea how far they were supposed to be going. What if they thought they had plenty of time when in reality there was no way they could make it?
Pushing that thought as far away as possible, Jongdae noticed that their surroundings were beginning to change.
Instead of the abundance of trees, there were concrete and brick walls starting to appear around them. Jongdae gazed curiously around, stepping around the last of the trees in their path.
“What is this?” Minseok said, speaking for the first time since they left.
“I don't know.” Jongdae saw sidewalks and broken roads in front of them, crumbling buildings scattered among them. Jongdae could see that there were still blocked from the outside by the glass, the wall splitting some buildings in half.
Carelessly taking Minseok's hand, Jongdae began to slow his steps, cautious of what could be there. The only thing that could be heard throughout the abandoned area was the soft crunch of their footsteps.
“There probably isn't anyone besides us here, Jongdae.”
“I know. You can never be too careful, though.”
They decided to explore on of the buildings, rummaging through the things left behind to find anything that they could use. Both of them were starving and hoping to find some food that was still edible, even if they knew that it wasn't likely.
Leaving the first building, they had a couple of blankets, some extra clothes, and backpacks that had some holes in it but were still functional. They packed as much as they could into their packs, swinging it onto their shoulders before going to check out the other buildings.
They didn't find any thing that they didn't already have. There was always blankets, extra clothes, and backpacks.
But never food or water.
“They did this on purpose.” Minseok whined, covering himself with a blanket while they took a break.
“Who?”
“Whoever did this! They want us to die of starvation.”
Jongdae chuckled, heart swelling at the small pout of Minseok's face. Jongdae was lying on his back, head supported by the backpack, so he reached out his foot and nudged Minseok in the side with it. He laughed a little bit more at the shocked expression Minseok directed towards him. “I'm pretty sure that wasn't their intention. Jinki made it very clear that if we made it to the end of the maze we would have a chance. We'll find some food.”
Minseok crossed his arms. “I'm still hungry.”
“I am, too! You don't see me complaining.”
Minseok pouted some more and Jongdae had to resist the urge to kiss it away. He didn't think it was possible, but Jongdae had forgotten that he had a crush on Minseok.
Jongdae hadn't stopped liking Minseok, because if anything, he liked him even more. The chaos of their situation had made it impossible for him to focus on anything else but surviving, forcing him to put his feelings for Minseok aside.
But whenever they were walking in silence or they took a break, Jongdae was reminded of why he fell for the boy in the first place. Minseok didn't smile much since their week started, but when he did, Jongdae would butterflies flutter in his stomach, making his affection for him grow stronger. Since it was just the two of them, it would've been the perfect moment to confess and they could start their relationship.
But it wasn't the perfect moment.
Jongdae couldn't burden Minseok with his feelings. He didn't want to stress the boy more than he already was and if he were to try anything, Jongdae knew he would be pushed aside. There was no way he could take any type of rejection, especially not now.
So he just stared at Minseok, keeping his feelings to himself like he usually did.
“Minseok.”
“Yea?”
“Wanna play a game?”
“Oh?” Minseok asked, raising an eyebrow at Jongdae.
“It'll be fun! Besides, we should do something to take our minds off of things.” Jongdae said excitedly, bouncing up and down. Minseok looked at him for a few seconds before laughing softly.
“Alright, what's the game?”
“Twenty Questions!”
Minseok looked taken aback, not expecting Jongdae's choice of entertainment. “Why that game?”
Jongdae leaned back on his elbows, letting his head hang back. “I don't really know much about you and since we're going to be with each other awhile, we might as well get to know each other.”
Minseok's mouth curled up at the edges, making Jongdae's heart flutter. “You go first.”
Jongdae put a finger to his mouth, tapping it to make it seem like he was thinking. There were a lot of things that he wanted to know about Minseok. He's been waiting for the opportunity to sit down and just learn about his inner secrets, the things that make him happy, the way his mind works. Jongdae still thought that he should start off with something less serious, so he opted for the most obvious question out there.
“What's your favorite color?”
Minseok laughed, head thrown back. “Really, out of all the questions in the world, you chose that one?”
“I wanted to know!” Jongdae said defensively, feeling his cheeks grow hot at asking such a dumb question.
Minseok calmed down enough to answer Jongdae's question. “You can't take it back now! This counts as one of your twenty.” Jongdae nodded. “It's blue. My turn!”
The two spend their time playing the game, asking meaningless questions that make them laugh. Jongdae learns the Minseok is terrified of cats while Minseok learns that Jongdae secretly likes the sing when no one is around. Minseok smiles every time Jongdae gets shy when it's his turn to answer a question, gently encouraging the younger boy to open up. Jongdae finds his heart swelling when Minseok tells stories, eyes lighting up when going into detail. They shouldn't be sitting around wasting time. Both of them know that what they are doing is stupid and could possibly get them both killed, but they don't care. They are both having fun right now.
Jongdae sighs. “My turn again, right?”
“Yep!”
“Hm, I'm going to make this a good one.” Jongdae actually thought of what question to ask. He asks the question that both of them have been avoiding. “Who do you think should live?”
Minseok froze, eyes going wide and Jongdae instantly regretted asking the question. Neither of them discussed it and they were scared and afraid of what the other person said. After all, you did have to sacrifice yourself to have someone be the winner.
Jongdae internally groaned and he figured that he ruined the mood and the game was over. He started to move away from Minseok when an arm reached out and grabbed him.
“Minseok?”
“You asked the question. I'm going to answer it.”
“You don't have to. I should've have asked that. It was stupid of-”
“I think I should live.”
Jongdae felt his heart stop and then shatter into a bunch of little pieces. He felt the shards digging into his other organs, causing him to bleed internally. He felt his world collapse. Minseok, the only person he's ever truly liked, wants him to die. Something inside of Jongdae snapped.
“Why the do you get to live? What makes you so special?” Jongdae said, causing Minseok to flinch at the words.
“Well, the same goes to you? Why do you get to live? Why do I have to die for you?”
The two glared at each other and Jongdae could feel tension rising rapidly. One wrong thing and both of them could start throwing punches.
“Who says I'm willing to give my life for you?” Jongdae daringly said.
Minseok looked taken aback, as if he never considered that they would have to willingly die for each other. “I'm not going to give up my life, Jongdae.”
“Well neither am I!”
“Why are you being selfish about this?”
Jongdae felt tears of frustration stinging in his eyes. “Are you serious? You think that just because I don't want to die for you, I'm selfish?”
“I don't want to die!”
“Neither do I!” Jongdae huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. “Look, it's only the second day. We have time before we actually have to decide anything, alright?”
Minseok looked pissed but nodded, not wanting to make the situation worse.
They didn't talk after that. They say with their backs facing each other, playing with the dirt in front of them. It probably would've been a good idea to leave then but they were too furious to talk to each other and make rational decisions. Jongdae didn't even bother looking at his watch because he knew that they wasted a lot of needed time that they would never get back. Tomorrow they would have to keep walking without rest if they wanted to cover all of the ground they could've walked today.
“Jongdae.”
Jongdae ignored him, his stubborness getting the best of him.
“Jongdae.” Minseok tried again. Jongdae didn't listen. “Jongdae!”
“What!?” Jongdae screamed, getting annoyed.

“What the hell is that?”

Jongdae turned around and saw Minseok pointing in front of him. Jongdae looked to the direction of Minseok's finger, heart dropping and fear rising.
It looked like an android coming towards them at full speed.
“!”
Both of them scrambled up, picking up their belongings and ditching whatever they couldn't grab in time. They ran as fast as they could with the extra weight, not daring to look back.
Jongdae felt something fly past him and he saw it crash against the glass wall with a burst of bright light. More lights began passing them, almost hitting him but never getting close enough. One beam managed to graze Jongdae's shoulder, burning the shirt and skin.
“Ah!” Jongdae yelled, almost dropping everything in his hands and stopping, but forced himself to keep going, in fear that he would get hit more. “Are we getting shot at?!”
Minseok didn't answer, eyes staring at Jongdae's shoulder. Jongdae looked down and saw the skin beginning to peel back, a thick purple liquid making its way into the wound. When one drop touched the open skin, a blinding pain filled Jongdae's body. He began sobbing, willing the pain to go away.
“Why is it always me that get's hurt?” Jongdae cried, tears choking him.
“We have to go!”
They kept running as fast as they could, trying not to get shot at anymore. They saw another safe zone far ahead of them. If they could keep running, they would make it, but Jongdae knew he didn't have the energy.
Their fight was long forgotten as Minseok pulled Jongdae by the waist, trying to save both of their lives once again. Jongdae was somehow running but Minseok could see him crying from the pain in his shoulder. He didn't know how it felt to have the purple stuff on him but if it was enough to make Jongdae cry and look like he was going to pass out, he didn't want any of it on him.
They were so close to the safe zone and Jongdae let out a sob of relief. They thought they were going to make it and they could rest after being chased and almost killed by the android. They could even see a table with platters of food on it. They were so close.
Yet so far.
Their faces made contact with glass, sending both of them reeling backwards and falling on top of each other. Minseok got up right away, pounding the glass and hating everything. Jongdae was still sitting down, feeling dizzy from the pain in his shoulder.
The android was still after them, laser shooting at them but somehow not hitting Jongdae or Minseok.
“I don't think they're going to let us go without a fight.” Minseok said.
“Do I look like I'm in any condition to fight a ing robot?”
Minseok glared at Jongdae. “Neither of us are qualified but we have to do this.”
“Isn't there another way?” Jongdae asked, the pain in his shoulder returning.
“There isn't. There's glass all around us.” Minseok held out his hand. “Come on. We can do this.”
Jongdae grabbed his hand and got up, facing the android that was now a few feet away from him. It had stopped shooting but it was still coming towards them. “How do you suppose that we fight this thing?”
“I-I don't know.”
“Oh. Great plan, Minseok. Great plan.”
“Do you have a better idea, then?”
Jongdae looked around, trying to find a way to escape and finding none. “No. I guess not.”
The android stopped right in front of them, standing straight and taller than either of them. The android remained motionless, showing no signs of wanting to attack Minseok or Jongdae.
“W-What is it doing?” Jongdae whispered.
“I don't know. Should we do something?” Minseok began to step forward before being tugged back by Jongdae. “What?”
“Are you crazy?! It could start shooting you any second! Don't go near that thing!”
“What else are we supposed to do? Just wait until it comes to life? Let's take it down before it turns on again!”
Jongdae looked conflicted, looking between Minseok and the lifeless android, scared that it could power on and end their lives right then and there. He took a tentative step towards the metal machine, coiling back in fear when he thought he saw it move. When he realized it was only his imagination, Jongdae looked back at Minseok and nodded, and the two of them stepped up to the android.
It's arms were down by it's sides and the gun that was shooting at them was put away. The red light coming from it's eyes was no longer there and it was safe to assume that it was not going to kill them suddenly. However, if that were the case, why couldn't they make it to the safe zone and rest and eat? They were confused and tired and they really didn't want to figure this out on empty stomachs.
“They could at least give us a clue on what we have to do.” Minseok groaned, hands opening and closing into fists.
“Things aren't going to be that easy. They never are.”
“Ugh!” Minseok yelled. “This is so stupid! At first it was shooting at us and now it's just dead? What was the ing point of this?” Minseok pulled his foot back and kicked the android, instantly regretting him when pain shot up into his leg. “!”
“Minseok!” Jongdae went over, wanting to check if Minseok seriously hurt his foot but stopped when he heard the android coming back to life. “Oh no.”
The android's eyes lit up again, the red light staring straight at Jongdae. It began moving forward and Jongdae moved back, not wanting to get hurt. It wasn't until Jongdae was pressed back against the glass did the android stop moving. It lifted up it's hand and Jongdae flinched, eyes closing arms coming up to cover his face, ignoring the pain from his shoulder.
After a few seconds of nothing happening, Jongdae opened one of his eyes and saw the android's palm in front of him, light shining from it.
“What is it doing?” Minseok asked.”
“I'm not sure.” Jongdae put his hands down. The android still had has palm up and Jongdae began to wonder what the light was for.
Suddenly, a small figure appeared in the center of the light and Jongdae instantly recognized it to be Jinki. Jinki was smiling up at him, waving slightly and Jongdae felt angry and hurt.
Hello, guys. How has your first two days been?” Jinki asked, making Jondgae scoff and Minseok turn away in rage.
“Sorry about the android. We weren't planning on using it, but we didn't have much of a choice. You guys were just sitting around. We couldn't just let you waste time. We need you alive the rest of the week. By the things you were doing today, there was no way you would make it to the safe zone by the end of the day. We just gave you a little push. Every day, your goal should be to make it a safe zone. Otherwise, you aren't going to live.”
Jinki looked around him, looking for something that wasn't in view of Jongdae or Minseok.
“I'm not supposed to be telling you this,” Jinki said, voice much softer. “The things that are going to attack you in this week can change depending on you. Your actions can affect how things easy or difficult things can be for you. Today, there wasn't even supposed to be an attack, but we needed you to move and move fast. You weren't supposed to be shot at and I tried to stop my boss, but he wanted to make things interesting. There will be a first aid kit at the safe zone that can be used on Jongdae's shoulder. I will be sending more messages to you later, some with information and some without. If you guys give them what they want, you will have a chance. Both of you.”
A door opened in the background of the video and Jinki looked up, startled. He began talking to someone that wasn't shown in the video and he bowed as the person left and closed the door. Jinki looked back to Jongdae and Minseok.
“Take my advice. I am trying to help you.” The video cut off after that. The android retracted his palm and turned around walking away. The glass wall behind Jongdae was lifted.
Jongdae and Minseok looked at each other, even more confused by Jinki's message.
Jongdae shook his head and grabbed Minseok's hand, squeezing it tight. Minseok squeezed right back.
The two dragged their tired bodies to the safe zone, eyes barely staying open and stomachs begging for food.


***

“That hurts!”
“Well, if you would stop moving so much, I could finish faster!”
“But it hurts!” Jongdae whined, tears gleaming in his eyes and Minseok put some more of the medicine onto a rag, putting it over his shoulder and pressed down hard.
“I'm sorry if it hurts. You'll feel better once I'm done.”
When they had reached the marked safe zone, both of them cried, exhaustion taking over their emotions. Both of them were overwhelmed from that day's events and it was hard to imagine how they would deal with the rest of the week. They had devoured the food provided for them (which was surprisingly delicious) and took a much needed nap before Jongdae's shoulder had woken him up, the younger boy screaming in pain and scaring Minseok.
At first, Jongdae was insistent that he could take care of his own shoulder, but after placing the medicine on his shoulder for a second, the liquid stung, his nerves going crazy and he didn't have it in him to apply more of it on himself, so it was now Minseok's job.
Minseok had no problem on doing it, but when he heard Jongdae's cries of pain, he found it really hard to fix his shoulder, not wanting to cause him any more pain. The bottle provided said that the medicine needed to be applied onto a rag and placed directly over the wound with a lot of pressure and that's exactly what Minseok was doing. He was hoping that it would work faster but Jongdae showed no signs that he was feeling better.
“Are you sure we're using the right stuff?”
“It was the only bottle in the kit, so yea, I think we're using the right stuff.”
Jongdae's sniffles were the only thing heard between them as Minseok applied and reapplied the medicine onto Jongdae's shoulder, determined to remove the ugly wound that was marking the perfect skin.
Minseok had never seen much of Jongdae's skin, but when he did, it made his heart race. It was always a tiny glimpses that made their appearance. A bit of an ankle here, a strip of stomach there. Anything that Minseok could get his eyes on was enough. But now that he was staring at the ruined shirt of Jongdae, he could see the white skin of his back, the muscles that stretched across his shoulders. He gulped, not wanting to stare too much. Minseok shook his head, trying to clear his head of all the things that he could be doing with Jongdae, ripping the rest of the shirt off, throwing it away from them, throwing Jongdae onto his back and putting his mouth on places that have never been touched...
“Minseok?”
Minseok jumped, scared out of his thoughts to find Jongdae looking at him with confused eyes. “Uh, yea?”
“Why'd you stop? It was just beginning to feel good.”
Minseok's eyes widened. That's not what he meant. He meant his shoulder. Stop thinking like that. “O-Oh. I'm sorry. Let me put some more...” Minseok began putting some more medicine on the rag.
“I'm sorry.”
“Hm? For what?”
“For asking you to die.”
Minseok dropped the bottle and hurried to pick it up, afraid that all of it's contents would spill out onto the floor. “T-That's fine. Let's..let's just get you fixed up, okay?”
“No. No, it's not fine. I feel terrible for asking something like that and making you decide something that we shouldn't have to decide yet. C-Can you forgive me?”
Minseok looked up into the eyes of Jongdae, orbs dark and sad, afraid of being yelled at. Afraid of being rejected. His lower lip was quivering slightly and Minseok really didn't want Jongdae to cry anymore. It hurt him when he saw the other cry. Jongdae should never feel that sad. He was to great for that.
This was the boy who Minseok liked. The was the boy who Minseok probably loved but was too scared to admit it. Minseok had been foolish and said what he was truly feeling, which is that he wanted to live. But that didn't mean he wanted Jongdae to die. He would do anything if it could save them both.
What Jinki had told them planted something in his mind, that maybe both of them would come out of this alive.
If you guys give them what they want, you will have a chance. Both of you.
Sure, Jinki could've been lying and planted false hope in him, but he wasn't going to let that chance go away. There was no way he was going to give up.
He didn't answer. Jongdae began getting scared. Minseok put his fears to rest.
Minseok leaned in, face a few centimeters from Jongdae's. Jongdae's eyes widened. “M-Minseok?”
“Shh. Let me do this. Okay?”
Jongdae nodded. Minseok leaned in the rest of the way, softly pressing his lips to Jongdae's. He could feel the younger boy shaking under him and he pressed harder, wanting to calm him down. He began to move his lips slowly and eventually Jongdae began to move his lips as well. Sparks began to shine behind Minseok's closed eyes and he found himself getting a bit more aggressive, running his tongue along Jongdae's closed lips, forcing the other to open and let him it. Minseok played with Jongdae's dormant tongue, causing Jongdae to whine. Minseok felt a shiver going down his spine at the noise and his arms wrapped around the boy. He pulled away when Jongdae cried out, Minseok's arm accidentally brushing against his shoulder.
They looked at each other, lips red and abused, cheeks flushed, eyes dark, both breathing hard. Minseok leaned in and planted a small kiss on Jongdae's lips before pulling away, small smile on his face.
“W-Why did you do that?” Jongdae asked. Minseok smiled, rubbing Jongdae's arm with his hand.
“It's all I've wanted to do for a year.”
“What?”
“Kim Jongdae. I like you. Yea, this probably isn't the best place to confess and I can't take you out on a date right now, but you're sad and I hate seeing you sad and I hated it even more when I was the one to cause it. I'm not saying this just because you're sad but because I really really like you.”
Jongdae smiled, even though it was a bit shaky. “You do?”
“I do. I really do.”
Jongdae let out a small sob and threw himself at Minseok, arms wrapped tightly around his neck. “I've been wanting to hear that for so long.”
It was Minseok's turn to be surprised. “Really?”
“Of course! Who couldn't like you? You're perfect.”
“I'm far from perfect, Jongdae.”
“I beg to differ.”
Minseok felt his heart bursting with happiness, the younger boy smiling up at him. He kissed the top of Jongdae's head, carefully hugging him, avoiding his shoulder.
“Should I fix your shoulder?”
Jongdae shook his head. “It's feeling better now.”
“So we can lay down and I don't have to be afraid that I'll hurt you?”
Jongdae blushed but nodded. “We can do that.”
The two pulled out blankets from their packs and some that were provided at the safe zone. They made a little bed for themselves, using some of the clothes the had as backpacks. Minseok laid down first, making himself comfortable before holding the blanket open, allowing Jongdae to slide in next to him. Jongdae debated whether to face Minseok or have his back to him. Minseok sensed his inner debate because he chuckled and pulled Jongdae down, chest pressing against the other's. Jongdae tensed but relaxed in Minseok's hold when the older boy began to hum a little, finger playing with strands of his hair.
“Thank you, Minseok.” Jongdae choked out, voice feeling tight. Minseok had no idea what the other was thanking him for since he really didn't do anything, but he decided to go along with it since Jongdae was a little sensitive at the moment.
“It's no problem.” Minseok whispered against his hair.
The two fell asleep in each other's arms, smiles on their faces and hearts full of happiness for once.  

 


Don't forget to comment! Thanks for reading! Ignore any mistakes, I will fix those later.