Final

Misunderstanding

Your POV

To put things simply i work in a medium sized convenience store that gets a lot of traffic.

I know all of my customers by the time they get out except one that has been coming in for over a year on and off.

I know he is tall and seems to like his hair to be blonde and longish. He is also Chinese like almost all my customers. He also seems to be a cold person so most of my customers avoid him like the plague.

All i know personally is my boss calls him K so i do the same.

"K, it's been a while," I say to him.

I watch a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Yea well we put yixing in charge of grabbing everything while we are leaving and he seemed to to have forgotten food. That stupid brat being forgetful as always."

Yixing is that is son of something.

"Ahh well it seems you come here alone why not have him help you."

"I would but someone has to watch lulu and the boazi."

I can't help but to giggle as i talk with him for the rest of my shift which is 4 hours.

"Ahh sorry you were buying food for people."

"Nah it's okay they more than likely found food in the fridge."

I nod my head as I head away from him, but he grabs my hand.

I look back, “Yes?”

“Ahh…When are you working next?”

“I work everyday this week at the night shift it’s going to be like that until I find someone to help me. It seems no one wants to work here since I have so many jobs and are afraid that they’d have to take them over.”

“Do you want help?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean would me too help you out when I’m available.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I can’t promise much but maybe on night shifts I can come in.”

“Really? You promise.”

I watch as he tilts his head slightly and his lips shape into a small smile, “Yeah. Hopefully, I’ll see you tomorrow, Jia Li.”

“How did you know my name?”

He points too my name tag, “Also I come in here often and have working ears.”

I chuckle a bit embarrassed, “Sorry. I’ll see you later K.”

He nods his head and he doesn’t correct me and tell me his real name, meanie.

 

Still the next 3 weeks were the best of my life.

K would stop by and help whenever he came in daily, but most of the time he wouldn’t stay very long.

He must worry about his child.

 

I sigh as I lean on the counter too hear a new voice whining that it sounds like a child.

I turn around too see what seems to be a full grown man bugging K.

Is he dating K or something?

Oh god, please tell me I’m not crushing on a gay guy again.

He doesn’t look up at me or even talk to me as he checks out.

When he pays me I take the bills and keep my head down hoping he won’t notice the tears that are piling up in my eyes.

As I take the bills I hear the guy whine, “Why do you come here all the time? It’s far from the dorms. It’s only close to the practice room.”

“Shut up,” K growls at him as they exit the store.

I let go of my breath and know that the tears are probably running down my face by now.

Slowly I look at the bills in my hands too notice that K gave me more than needed.

I start to count them and notice that I had overcharged him by 10 dollars.

I also notice a small note.

I slowly open and read it, “Jia Li, sorry for ignoring you, but my friend won’t leave me alone. I live with them and they keep bother me why i keep coming to your store. It’s about half way between my dorm and practice rooms. It’s just I find you very pretty and I was really worried and mad that no one was helping you. I am taller than you by a bit so I thought I’d help with whatever you wanted me too. I’ll try to stop by later, but I can make no promises. Also use the change too buy yourself something to eat and drink knowing you, you probably forgot to eat dinner.”

I smile as I fold the letter carefully and place it in my wallet.

I look at the change and decide that I’ll listen to him.

I got myself a small salad with a slice of pizza, and an energy drink knowing that I’m going to need it.

I look up to see the door open again and I sigh when i notice someone who looks like trouble walkin.

Still I smile, “Can I help you?”

“Yeah, empty the cash register,” the man tells me to do.

I smirk at him as I pull out the gun from under the counter and point it at his head.

I always hate it when i drop my angel self too pull out this part of myself, but that’s why I didn’t go too the police academy like my mom said I could do to follow family tradition.

“I was in a good mood today so mess with me today. Leave before I decide to lose my temper.”

The guy looks at me and drops the knife.

“Good you're not an idiot now leave. I already pushed the panic button the police should be here soon.”

The guy soon runs out and I sigh as I look at it and push it away from eye shot with a pen I keep on the counter.

When the police show up I show them the tape and they simply tell me that I did a good job, but I should be more careful next time.

“I know,” i answer as always and they leave.

Ugh, stupid people having too ruin my peace of mind.

I want to stay this angel version of myself for the rest of my life.

I hate turning it off and going too the demon version.

 

I look at my watch and sigh, “Come on Jia Li stop looking at your watch he’s not coming. It’s been 2 weeks.”

I sigh as I look at the ceiling too notice a small splatter of slushy that happened earlier today.

I pull out my small ladder and climb up to wipe off the slushie.

I start to lose my balance, but before I fall down I feel someone grab a hold of me and steady me and the ladder.

“Thank you,” I tell the person.

Then i realize the person must be kind of tall if he could steady me like that.

I look down too see K who isn’t wearing his hat today, but he still has a mask on.

“K,” I shout as I set the cleaning supplies on the ladder and maneuver myself so I’m huggin him.

“Jia Li, what’s wrong did something happen?”

I shake my head, “No, I’m just glad too see you. It’s been a while.”

He nods his head and smiles at me, “So I heard you chased off a robber the other day. That was hard to believe.”

I snort, “The guy was a pansy. All I did was pull the emergency gun from under the counter and threatened him and he ran.”

I slap my hand over my mouth realizing I let a small bit of my demon version slip out.

He raises his eyebrow, “Are you faking being a little angel?”

I shake my head, “No, I just have two personalities you can see. My mom simply calls them my angel and demon version.”

“Really.”

I nod my head, “Yeah. I’m a freak aren’t I.”

He shakes his head, “No. Not all. It was a simple misunderstanding on my part. Also why would you be a freak it’s part of who you are.”

I smile since he’s one of the first people besides my parents too tell me that.

“Thank you,” I tell him.

“Why?”

“You accepted me. Most people call me a freak for having 2 different personalities.”

“There’s no need to thank me. Also we have have different personalities that we end up using around certain people and situations.”

I nod my head, “How are your roommates?”

I leave out the fact that I know he has a kid.

“Their good though i think I may have to explain to them why i come here soon.”

I nod my head and then ask him, “Why were you gone for so long?”

“Ahh… Well it was because of work that I was gone for a bit. I travel often and I don't’ have your number or anything.”

I hold out my hand and ask, “Would Kakao work for you since you travel often?”

He nods his head as he hands me his phone.

I open the app and type in my username and add myself on his then sending a message to myself.

He smiles at me as he says, “Thanks.”

“No problem. Just message when you're coming so I won’t be too surprised or worried.”

“You were worried about me?”

I nod my head, “the world is a dangerous place.”

“So… Wu YiFan I’ll see you later,” I whisper as he heads out.

I smile as I look at his name on my kakao.

I chuckle as I message him, “So your name is Wu YiFan.”

“Yeah. Sorry for not telling you.”

“It’s alright. Oh I have to go sorry, but you know customers and work are waiting.”

“Wish i could have stayed but I have practice today.”

“It’s alright. I understand that work is important too the both of us. I just hope that I can get a day off soon.”

I don’t look at his reply I simply go back to work.

 

For another 2 weeks its on and off YiFan working in my store and he refuses to let me pay him for his time.

When he’s not working at my store we’re messaging back and forth.

I finally got 3 new workers that have good resumes.

When I told Kris he was excited and asked me if I wanted to spend a day off with me once everyone was trained in.

 

Today I finally have my first day off since I was 15… Wow that’s been 7 years since I’ve had a day off.

YiFan had invited me to come over to his dorm while his roommates are away.

When i arrive at a tall building YiFan meets me outside and sneaks me into the dorm.

“Why did we have to sneak in?” I ask him even though I know the answer since I found out his name.

“I’m kind of famous and people already tried to pin some kind of rumor on me.”

I smile at him as I nod, “So this is your place?”

I look around and wonder if he really is gay. I looked into his name and it said he’s Kris from EXO aren’t they always pairing him with… Tao.

I look around and my stomach growls, “Haha… Sorry kind of didn’t eat today since I had set up the store.”

“That’s alright. Let’s see what we have in the fridge.”

When he opens the fridge I see a bunch of unmade food.

“Alright… Now what?”

I look too see what he has too see I can make something simple and filling for the two of us.

I push him back slightly and pull out the food I need and start to set the down on a counter.

I look back and frown, “What?”

“Nothing I just didn't’ know you cooked.”

“Who do you thinks makes all the fresh food in my store.”

“Really?”

I nod my head as I start to cut the meat, veggies, and I notice that they don't have the herbs that I want so i simply replace it with something a bit like it. Still It won’t taste as amazing.

When I finish it and top it with some rice I set it down and smile, “Finished.”

He looks at the plates and goes to grab the one with the most food, but I lightly slap his hand with my chopsticks, “I’m hungry.”

I know I’m blushing from the slight chuckle and smile on YiFan’s lips.

As I eat with him we play 20 questions.

As we’re playing he tells me all kinds of things and I do the same.

I tell him I dropped out of college too take care of my mother and our shop. It’s because of that we’re so successful.

“What were you going for?”

“To be a chief.”

He smiles, “Think you would be really good at it. How much of the schooling did you get?”

“I dropped out last year. So I only have about 3 or 4 years left. Though i like the shop a lot and I don’t want to leave mom too tending to it like she used too.”

“Well you could do what you're doing now. Just do go school when you need to, do your school work, and look after the shop. Mostly what I’d do is take care of paper work and checking things when you can.”

I nod my head, “Alright, I’m going to give it a shot. What if they want me to study in France?”

“Then take it. You’re an amazing cook. I mean you whipped this up pretty fast and I’ve never really tasted anything this good before.”

“It would have been better if you had the right spices though,” I pout.

“Do you have family that could help with the shop while you're gone?”

“My cousin could. He goes too school for business and he’s helped out often in the shop.”

YiFan nods his head and he leans over the table wiping off a piece of rice and like the movies sticks the thumb in his mouth.

I almost want to yell at him, but I’m too embarrassed.

“What the heck is going on here?” I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up too see one of my cousins that I though i’d never see again.

“Luhan,” I shout as I jump into his arms.

He laughs and looks at me, “Man you're growing. Is it because you eat so much?”

I hit his arm and smile at Kris shyly knowing my cousin didn’t miss it, “I’m Luhan’s cousin, Xi Jia Li.”

“Really?”

I hear YiFan say and I know he’s worried.

I nod my head, “Yeah.”

“So YiFan you’ve been dating my cousin that makes sense why you’re always gone.”

“I’m not dating her,” he shouts then I barely hear him mumble, “yet. You guys had to walk in.”

I elbow Luhan in the stomach as I whine, “Shut up or I’ll tell auntie.”

He nods his head simply going along with it.

The guy that went with him too the store a month ago or so looks at me.

“You’re the girl from the store.”

I nod my head, “Yeah. It’s mine.”

He shuts up and I feel nervous.

“So… Since when did you decide you liked girls?” a guy who seems to be Korean says.

I watch as YiFan goes too hit him and I simply sit back in my stool and look between them, “i’m too tired for this.”

Kris’s POV

When i finally got Chen for calling me gay I look at the island to see that Jia Li had fallen asleep.

She looks so cute almost like an angel.

I tap her shoulder and she looks up at me and sleepily smiles, “Are you done?”

I nod and she smiles a bit more wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Good, cause I wanted to ask you what you meant by yet when they asked you if you were dating me.”

She seems a bit more awake but her half lidded sleep ridden eyes are still really cute and I can’t help but to move her hair out of her face as I say, “Cause I like you and I was going too ask you if you wanted to date me, because I think I’ve fallen in love with you.”

she nods her head into my stomach, “Of course I would, because I think I fell in love with you, too.”

“Are you still tired?”

she nods her head.

“You can borrow my bed too catch on some sleep.”

She shakes her head and I simply push her towards the room, “Catch some sleep you are in need of it.”

She nods and I watch her until she’s in a deep sleep.

I go too stand up and I notice that she’s still holding my hand.

I smile at her and I see a flash.

I groan this is going to a long day.

Still I look down at Jia Li, but it’s all worth it if I can call her mine.

I lean down and kiss her forehead and see another flash.

Yup going to be a really long day.

Again with Jia Li here I don’t really care.

My cold guy image may disappear with her being like this with me…

I’m alright with that.

I want Jia Li too see all of me.