One Family

That One Mistake

Chapter 7

A month later

"Chaemin, stop playing and eat right now," Baekhyun tried to take the Ipad in Chaemin's hand but the boy just pulled away.

"Ma! Don't disturb me. This monster are gonna lose! Hahaha," Chaemin half-shouted half-laughed while his eyes was fixed on the Ipad. His body moved left and right as if he was in the game.

Baekhyun, not going to leave his son empty stomach, groaned and pushed the spoon towards Chaemin's mouth. "Open your mouth," Chaemin absent mindedly opened his mouth and munched down the food cutely. "Arghh Noo! Take that you ugly monster!" He said while scrunching his nose.

The smaller father and son are sitting near the kitchen table, eating breakfast. Chanyeol is still in bed. Earlier, Baekhyun was making some scrambled eggs and some toast when Chaemin came out of his room, whining saying he was hungry.

He just smiled and asked the said boy to sit while he tried to cook the meal faster. And when he turned around with the finished breakfast in hand, Chaemin was already playing with the Ipad. 

Baekhyun sighed as he fed his son some more of the scrambled eggs. This was all Chanyeol's fault for spoiling his son so much. Chanyeol was the one that bought the Ipad a few days after them getting back together. He also bought almost everything that Chaemin wants. Rich bastard.

"Good morning, baby," Chanyeol gave Chaemin a big smooch on his cheeks. And the boy whined while one of his hand wiped it away with so much disgust on his face. Chanyeol laughed while walking towards the other side of the table.

He kissed Baekhyun's hair on the way there. "Morning, sweetheart," Baekhyun blushed as he saw Chanyeol sat on his left side. He busied himself with feeding Chaemin that was sitting opposite of him to avoid Chanyeol from seeing his red crimson face.

"Yeol, please tell your son to eat," Baekhyun rolled his eyes when the small boy pushed his hand that was feeding him again. Chaemin was in his own game world right now and he refused to eat.

Chanyeol just chuckled and Baekhyun glared at him because he doesn't do anything. Instead, the tall man continued snipping his coffee. "Chaemin, for the last time-" the smaller father sighed,"-can you stop the game for awhile and finish your food?" Chaemin ignored him and Baekhyun can't take it anymore.

"Mama! I was playing!" Chaemin shouted with wide eyes when Baekhyun grabbed the Ipad from his hands. "No. Finish your food and I'll give it back." Chaemin pouted and looked at his taller father with pleading eyes. "Papa!"

"Baek- Ouch!" He rubbed his thigh that was abusely pinched by Baekhyun. He looked at the said man and pouted. "Aww Baek, you don't have to do that," Baekhyun rolled his eyes again. Like father like son.

"I know you're gonna let him play. So just shut up," He looked at Chaemin and pushed the plate to his son. The boy pouted while crossing his arms on his chest. "I'm not gonna eat that," Baekhyun sighed. "Come on. Don't make me mad. There's just two more spoons left, Chaemin," He playfully glared at his son that was looking the other way.

"Don't force him. It's okay Chaemin," Chanyeol said smiling at Chaemin. "Yeay! Can I have my game back?" Chaemin pulled out his hands, smiling cutely. Baekhyun shook his head and bring the Ipad away but Chanyeol grabbed it easily since he has long arms.

Baekhyun huffed as he saw his son laughing and smiling brightly when Chanyeol gave the Ipad. The boy jumped down from the chair and skipped to the living room. "Thanks Pa!"

Chanyeol chuckled as he saw Baekhyun scooting away from him. Baekhyun glared at him before he picked up Chaemin's and his own plate before he walked to the sink. Chanyeol laughed again as he saw his lover sulked at him. 

"Baek~" Chanyeol called his name with a playful manner as he turned around; still sitting on the chair. He just watched Baekhyun's back figure from his seat, washing the plates. Baekhyun purposely opened the water louder. He don't want to hear Chanyeol's voice at the moment.

Chanyeol moved behind Baekhyun quietly. Baekhyun heard the screeching sound from the chair and then silent. He continued washing the plates and spoons. He scrubbed the plates aggressively while muttering, “Spoiling the kid so much. Idiot Chanyeol,”

Chanyeol chuckled while slipping his hands around Baekhyun’s waist. “I’m your idiot right Baek?” He whispered near Baekhyun’s ear. Baekhyun slightly jumped while letting out a not-so-manly scream and the plate in his hands almost slipped out of his hand. Chanyeol chuckled as he saw Baekhyun rinsed the plate and turned around with a frowned on his perfect face.

“Do you really have to do that?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and make an attempt to escape but Chanyeol was faster. He trapped Baekhyun between his arms, making the smaller man leaned against the sink. Chanyeol laughed innerly when he slowly closed their distance while Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

“What are you doing?! Go away from me,” Baekhyun whispered harshly while dodging out from Chanyeol’s trapping arms. But before he could go anywhere, Chanyeol quickly pulled his hand and backhugged him. “Where do you think you’re going hmm?” Baekhyun squirmed as he felt Chanyeol’s hot breath near his sensitive area; his neck.

Baekhyun elbowed the taller’s stomach quite strong and Chanyeol grunted as he didn’t expect that to happen. Baekhyun turned around and laughed like a mad man when he saw Chanyeol jumping around while clutching his stomach. “Ouch Baek! Whyyyy?!” Chanyeol looked at him as he sat down on the chair, hands rubbing his stomach.

Chaemin who had heard his father’s cry came rushing into the kitchen. He saw Chanyeol with a sick face on the chair and Baekhyun that was laughing his out in front of him. Their little boy went to Chanyeol and asked, “Pa! What happened?” Chanyeol just glanced at Baekhyun and quickly looked away; indicating that he was mad.

Baekhyun’s laughter died down when he saw that look and wiped away the little tears in the corner of his eyes, still smiling. He walked towards Chanyeol that was smiling at their son as Chaemin rubbed his own little fingers on Chanyeol’s stomach. When Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol, the taller man ignored him.

“Aww my baby giant is mad?” Baekhyun said playfully while he pulled Chanyeol facing towards him. Chanyeol pouted and gave him that puppy face – how can he resist that – while his hands still rubbing his stomach. “You hurt me, Baek,” Baekhyun chuckled and took Chanyeol’s hands away before he slowly caressed Chanyeol’s stomach with his own hand.

“There there. You’re totally exaggerating, Yeol,” he rolled his eyes. Chanyeol suddenly grinned and hugged him tightly. Baekhyun let out a gasped as Chanyeol kissed his cheeks. Chanyeol pulled back and looked at him with a tender smile and so much love. Baekhyun can’t help but smiled back.

“I love you” Chanyeol said; looking into Baekhyun’s brown eyes deeply. Baekhyun melted at the sight and replied with a soft voice, “I love you too,” They looked at each other’s eyes for a long time, oblivious by the look that their son gave. “Ma, Pa!” The couple came out from their reverie as they heard Chaemin shouted at them. They laughed as they saw the annoyed look on Chaemin’s face.

Chanyeol walked to the boy and ruffled his hair before saying, “You’re jealous kiddo?” Chaemin pouted as he saw his papa hugging his dear mama. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with a raised brows. Baekhyun smiled and shrugged. Then he walked to Chaemin and pulled the boy in his lap. He pampered kisses on the boy’s face and Chaemin giggled.

Chanyeol smiled and he suddenly said, “Alright go and change your clothes. We’re going somewhere today,” Baekhyun and Chaemin quickly looked up with a curious face. “Where are we going, Pa?” Chanyeol carried Chaemin in his arms and nuzzled their nose together. “We’re going to...” Chanyeol paused for a moment as Chaemin looked at him expectantly.

“Where?” Chaemin whined because Chanyeol was taking a very long time to answer that. Chanyeol laughed before he answered, “We’re going to Jungwoo’s house,” Chaemin let out a wide smile and Chanyeol put him down as the boy was wriggling in his arms. “Yeay we’re going to Jungwoo’s, Ma!” He jumped on Baekhyun’s lap and bounced around.

Baekhyun laughed while trying to stop Chaemin from falling over. “That excited huh?” he laughed again as Chaemin nodded with so much force. “Wait for me in your bedroom ok baby?” Chaemin jumped down and ran inside his bedroom while screaming something about Jungwoo.

Baekhyun shook his head, laughing and stood up. He walked a few steps and turned around towards Chanyeol. “Why are we going to noona’s house by the way?” Chanyeol smiled at him and said, “It’s New Year's Eve remember? So, she wanted to make us dinner celebrate New Year's Eve with us,” Baekhyun nodded. “Ah alright. I’ll get Chaemin to dress now,”

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

“Let’s play in my room!” Jungwoo pulled Chaemin’s hands towards his bedroom. Their parents just laughed as they saw that cute scene. “They still have that much energy after eating so much,” Yura said while laughing. Chanyeol nodded in agreement while rubbing his bloated stomach, “Yeah I’m so full right now.”

“Thanks for the delicious food noona,” Baekhyun gave her his eye-smile. Yura just waved her hand “Nahh this is nothing. But I’m glad you like my cooking,” They talked some more at the dining table; stomach full with food. It’s about  30 minutes more before the clock strikes 12 am indicating the New Year.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun while smiling. Baekhyun stopped talking and looked at him while raising his eyebrows, “Why are you looking at me like that?” Chanyeol just looked at him before taking Baekhyun’s hand softly. He pulled Baekhyun up from their sit and dragged him towards the door. “W-where are you taking me?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol curiously.

Chanyeol waved his hands towards Yura and pulled Baekhyun out the door. They wore their shoes and walked to the elevator. Baekhyun didn’t asked anymore as he saw Chanyeol pressed the top floor button and Chanyeol won't tell him anything anyway.

“So, why are we here?” Baekhyun asked once they were outside. Chanyeol walked towards the edge and he followed. Chanyeol leaned against it and Baekhyun leaned beside him. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with that smile still in place before he went behind  the shorter and rest his chin on the shorter’s head.

“Do you remember our first date?” Chanyeol asked him.

“Yeah, I remember,” Baekhyun mumbled. “You said you loved me that day –for the first time,” He looked at Chanyeol and smiled.

“Yeah, I did,” Chanyeol turned Baekhyun around to face him and leaned down to give the shorter a kiss. When they parted, Chanyeol slowly kneeled down on his knees. “W-what are you doing?” Baekhyun asked, widening his eyes.

“I-I know what I did in the past was something stupid. I was so stupid thinking that you would be okay if I left you behind. But I realised that my heart was –and still are with you. My happiness are with you. I want to be with you and only you. I hope you feel the same way as I do,” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun for awhile before continuing, “Baekhyun, will you be by my side forever?”

Baekhyun don’t know what to say as he looked at Chanyeol with his mouth parted a bit. Chanyeol looked so nervous as he waited Baekhyun’s answer. He started to think negatively as Baekhyun still didn’t say anything. Chanyeol’s hope had vanished when Baekhyun pulled him up. “Forget what-“

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s torso, hugging the taller tightly. Chanyeol shocked and slowly hugged Baekhyun with the same force. “You know before, when I thought about our marriage or even about you, I only saw the bad memories,” Baekhyun whispered.

Chanyeol slowly pulled away and looked at Baekhyun with a guilty look. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked that just now.” Baekhyun smiled and said, “I’m not finished yet. I never thought that I would see you again. And I was so happy when I see you. But I was so angry at you,” Baekhyun frowned when he remembered the memory. Chanyeol slowly cradled Baekhyun’s face in his hands.

Tears started to come out from Baekhyun’s eyes. “But when I hear your sincere apologies, I just- I’m so happy knowing that you didn’t leave me with no reasons.” Chanyeol wiped the tears lovingly. “I... want to be with you forever too,” Baekhyun said that and Chanyeol’s face brighten suddenly. He pulled Baekhyun for a hug again, wrapping his arms tightly. Baekhyun laughed at the action.

Suddenly fireworks were shooting to the sky. Both of them startled by the sound and turned around. Red, blue and a lot more other colours can be seen on the sky. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist. Baekhyun put his hands on Chanyeol’s and smiled at the beautiful scenery. It was approximately 12.00 am right now and they could hear shouting from everywhere.

Baekhyun tilted his head slightly to looked at Chanyeol. “Happy New Year, my love,”

Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun’s smiling face and he automatically smiled. “Happy New Year. I Love you,” He leaned down before he heard Baekhyun's soft reply and kissed Baekhyun. They smiled in the kiss with the colourful fireworks as the background.


a/n:

There it's finally done! I wanted to post this yesterday since it’s New Year but something came up lol Sorry but still Happy New Year! It’s not late right? Haha Hope you guys enjoyed reading this crap of mine.

This is the last fanfic from me for the 2013 year :)  Next year – or was it today– is a big year for me as I’m gonna be a senior in school woohoo but being a senior sure have lots to do since I’ll be sitting for the biggest exam in my country. This exam are for my future so I have to study real hard /sigh/ but anyway I won’t be writing anymore story I guess :/ or maybe they will be some one-shots idk haha

And special thanks to the subscribers! Oh and also for the upvoters <3 I know that may be not much for some of you but this actually means a lot to me :') I really didn't expect that since this is my first chaptered story that I wrote alone :P

Anyway wish me luck to go through this exhausting year :) Thanks again for all your support /throws 12 idiots aka Exo/

-Hana-

Check out my other stories?

The Not-so-Perfect Ending (oneshot) || Is This Real? (twoshots) || Karma Between Us (chaptered)