First Step

That One Mistake

Baekhyun quickly closed the door and locked it. He didn’t wait any longer and sped away, leaving some dust and Chanyeol alone.

Chanyeol looked at the car with a determined look. 'I'll make it up to you Baek. I promised you, I won't let you go without any reasons didn't I?"        


Chapter  5

After the unexpected meeting between Baekhyun and Chanyeol a few days ago, Baekhyun’s mood was slightly affected. The way he talked to his son was also different. It’s not like he was mad at the kid but he does sound like he was angry and irritated.

There was this one time that made him snapped. Chaemin had been talking about Jungwoo non-stop these past few days. Almost everything he said was about his bestfriend. Jungwoo did this, Jungwoo did that. They did this, they did that. And Chaemin starts to talked about Jungwoo’s family which may or may not had involved someone’s name.

It was hard to just listened without actually reminiscing about the past. Memories flooded in his mind. And at one point, he finally snapped. “Stop it! I don’t want to hear any of it!” Baekhyun was basically screaming with his eyes closed.

Chaemin’s mouth was hanging open because the kid was in the middle of talking. He was really shocked with his father’s outburst. Baekhyun’s face was red and his chest heaved up and down.

That was the first time Baekhyun looked like that. He knew the older man was mad at him. Baekhyun never actually get mad at him, just some stern advice but Chaemin knew Baekhyun is not really mad. But this time, the boy knew he did something very bad.

Without realising, Chaemin had shed tears in his eyes. He was looking upwards at Baekhyun –that had currently stood up– with a scared face. His lips trembled as he let out a quiet sob. Chaemin was scared. He really was.

Baekhyun opened his eyes as he felt calmer. Once he looked at Chaemin, his face changed. Chaemin was looking at him with tears coming down his chubby cheeks and lips trembling. The boy was clenching the couch tightly.

“Oh no no. Baby..” Baekhyun moved forward towards Chaemin. The little boy slightly flinched. The boy had actually flinched. Baekhyun felt so bad. His baby boy was scared because of his outburst just now.

Baekhyun sat beside Chaemin and before he could do anything, the boy moved further away. “Chaemin,” Baekhyun said gently while his arms stretched towards the crying boy. He pulled Chaemin in his arms. Chaemin’s crying grows louder as Baekhyun wrapped his arms around the boy.“I’m sorry baby. Please stop crying alright,” Baekhyun shushed the boy by his hair and back slowly to calmed the boy down.

As he swayed Chaemin in his arms, he thought of why was he so angry at his baby boy. Baekhyun knows that his son did nothing but the fact that Chaemin was talking about Jungwoo reminds him of the unexpected encounter.

Baekhyun was still wondering why Chanyeol chose that time to show his face when he was finally happy, finally came back to his cheerful self. Baekhyun really didn’t expect to see Chanyeol here. He didn’t know how to react when he saw the said man in front of him that day.

Chanyeol didn’t change a lot Baekhyun thought. Just that Chanyeol looked matured than before. Chanyeol was still taller than him. Chanyeol was still as handsome as before and he also gotten more masculine. But his big eyes and that deep voice that Baekhyun had fell for, still hadn’t changed; they made Baekhyun’s stomach fluttered and his heart goes ‘badum badum’. No words can describe how perfect Chanyeol is to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun actually thought that he had moved on. That he was no longer in love with Chanyeol. But the meeting that day said otherwise. His heart was longing for Chanyeol. Byun Baekhyun is still hopelessly in love with Park Chanyeol.

But Baekhyun can’t do anything anymore now right? Chanyeol was no longer his husband. He had accepted the bitter truth since Chanyeol had left him with nothing that could tied them as a married couple. Their marriage had died a long time ago. He was mad at Chanyeol yes, but he can’t deny the strong feelings towards the latter.

Baekhyun looked at Chaemin that was dozing off in his arms with a loving smile. But now he had Chaemin with him. As long as he have Chaemin with him, nothing matters anymore. He love Chaemin with all his heart. But Baekhyun didn’t realise that deep inside his heart, he love Chaemin so much because there is actually something that will always remind him of his love. Their love.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

From: Idiot

Kyungsoo! I really need you to tell me where he is. Please I’m begging you. I saw him that day. I know I have to do something! I really need your help, please...

 

Kyungsoo let out a deep sighed after he read that message. He was waiting for the soup on the stove to cook when he received the text message. He had been texting with this man for awhile now. They are secretly contacting. Not even Jongin knows about it.

And of course Baekhyun shouldn’t know. He would be killed for sure if his bestfriend knows he was actually in contact with the one that had hurt his bestfriend. Kyungsoo doesn’t know how the man gets his number and he had been pestering Kyungsoo since then.

Kyungsoo actually knows the truth. Yes, the truth regarding the incident. The man had told him everything but he was told to keep it a secret. The man needs to do something first. Kyungsoo was shocked of course when he heard the real story behind it. And he thought that the man did the right thing eventhough Baekhyun was hurt.

Even if he knows the truth, that doesn’t mean he will easily helped the man. The man keep on asking him where the hell was Baekhyun but he never say a word. He just thought that the man should find Baekhyun by his own. Kyungsoo just gave some updates about Baekhyun to the man.

But after Baekhyun told him about their encounter, Kyungsoo knew he had to do something. They had finally met and he can’t just not do anything about it. He knew the story so he decided  that he should finally helped the man. Helped them to be happy again.

 

To: Idiot

Fine. I’ll tell you where he is but you have to make sure you did the right thing. You should get him back, idiot. I can’t stand seeing you guys like this anymore.

 

He send the text along with Baekhyun’s address. He could only hope for the best. He just hope that the idiot won’t ruined it this time. Kyungsoo want both of them to be happy and this is the least he could do.

 

From: Idiot

Oh God Kyungsoo! Thank you so much. I promise you I’ll get him back :)

 

Kyungsoo just smiled. ‘Come on Chanyeol I know you can do it’


a/n:

Chanyeol is finally getting Baekhyun back! Woohoo next chapter will be the I think because I'm still halfway through :P

Nothing to say so comment? pretty please haha and thanks to the new subscribers ^^ I hope none of you guys are dissapointed with my storyline because basically this is my own first real chaptered story :)

And to those who subscribed my other story - Karma Between Us - which I collaborated with salsabiilasal, we are currently having some small trouble and we can't update fast. But we will try our best to update as fast as we can :( And thank you for not unsubscribing! We'll make it up to you <3

Anyway, if you have anything to say, you can pm or post on my wall. I don't bite ya know :3

-Hana-