Unexpected

That One Mistake

Everyone looked at the boy expectantly and the minute Jungwoo said the name, Chanyeol’s heart stopped beating for a second and the spoon he was holding, dropped on the plate.

“Chaemin, Park Chaemin,”


Chapter  4

Next day

Baekhyun was kinda late to fetch Chaemin from school today. He was caught in the cafe. Today was a busy day for both him and Kyungsoo. He can’t just let Kyungsoo do all those stuff alone can he? Although there are other workers, Baekhyun don’t have the heart to leave Kyungsoo to managed the cafe alone.

But eventually, the customers starts to reduced and Kyungsoo gave signal that Baekhyun could go and fetched Chaemin now. So, Baekhyun dashed towards the front door after making sure that Kyungsoo was okay.

When he arrived infront of the school, he didn’t see Chaemin. He smiled because he had told Chaemin to wait inside in case he was late than usual. So, Baekhyun parked his car at the roadside, turned off the engine and walked into the school gate.

He walked to the school canteen since he saw there were still some kids sitting there. He gave them his signature eye smile at the kids–Chaemin’s classmate–and asked. “Hello boys, have you seen Chaemin?”

A kid wearing an orange tee with a monkey wearing headphones on it, grinned at him before he pointed somewhere behind Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked behind and indeed he saw his son. “Alright, thank you!” he ruffled the boy’s hair and walked to the direction.

When he walked there, he saw Chaemin talking and laughing to a kid his age. They were sitting on a bench at the playground.  ‘I guess that’s Jungwoo.’ he thought, remembering what his son told him yesterday.

Chaemin was talking non-stop about his new friend, Jungwoo yesterday in the car. He told that Jungwoo had just moved here from somewhere. Chaemin can’t seems to remember as his eyebrows frowned and Baekhyun just laughed at it. His five years old son also told him that he helped the boy with school since he’s a new student, giggling saying that they’ll be the bestest friend.

Baekhyun walked towards the boys, chuckling with their behaviour. Chaemin were so into the story that Jungwoo was telling that he didn’t noticed his mama nearing towards them.

The boys still didn’t noticed him after a while so Baekhyun fake a coughed. Those two boys startled and looked upwards. Chaemin broke into a large grinned when he saw his mama. “Ma!”

He jumped onto Baekhyun hugging like his life depend on his father. Baekhyun let out an ‘oof’ from the impact and laughed. “Okay kiddo,” he ruffled Chaemin’s hair.

Chaemin looked at him, hands around Baekhyun’s neck, pouting. “You’re late, Ma,” Baekhyun chuckled and kissed his small little nose. “Sorry, Mama was busy with work,” Baekhyun gave his puppy eyes and pouted.

Chaemin scrunched his nose in a cute manner. “Only I can do that! You can’t act cute, Ma,” the small boy rolled his eyes with so much sass (wonder where does he get that attitude). Baekhyun pinched his cheeks and put his son down.

“So, who is this? Your new friend?” Baekhyun asked looking towards the other boy and smiled. The boy stood up from the bench and bowed to him. “Hello my name is Kim Jungwoo,”

“Aww such a great boy,” Baekhyun patted his shoulder. Chaemin smiled and said, “Ma, this is Jungwoo, the one I told you yesterday,” Chaemin slunged an arm around Jungwoo’s and beamed.

“Well nice to meet you Jungwoo. Chaemin told me a lot about you,” Baekhyun teased.

“Oh, r-really?” Jungwoo blushed and Baekhyun innerly squealed. ‘Awww so cute’

“What time are you going home? Your mother is late today?” Baekhyun asked while looking at his wrist watch. It was almost an hour after the school had end.

“Ah, yeah. My un-“ Jungwoo was cut off by a voice.

“Jungwoo! Sorry I’m late!” A voice could be heard from behind Baekhyun. A deep, big voice. ‘That voice’  Baekhyun thought and widened his eyes. He could recognised that voice anywhere. And he could only hoped that that is not who he thought. He slowly turned around and had a big shock of his life.

“I am so sorry. I was-“ The man stopped at his track, a few metres away from Baekhyun. He too widened his eyes.

Baekhyun feels like he’s gonna faint. The man was wearing a grey suits; the suits rich people wear and his hair pushed back. He knows the man so well. He wanted to cry but he was so shocked to even let the tears come out. He didn’t know what to do when the man was walking slowly towards where he was standing. He was breathing heavily, too shocked. ‘Why are you here? Why right now?’ he thought.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol whispered when he’s infront of Baekhyun.

He was so happy to see Baekhyun. His Baekhyun. After the dinner yesterday, he talked to his sister, alone. Yura knows a lot of things about him including that incident. She was his only hope so he asked her if he could fetch Jungwoo the next day after work. His sister could see the pleading in his eyes so she just nodded.

Chanyeol thought that he couldn’t see Baekhyun today since he was late. There was an emergency meeting just now and he felt like dying since he won’t be seeing Baekhyun today.

But here he is, Baekhyun, the man that he had miss so much, standing just in front of him. He felt like crying but he was just too happy. Maybe they were really meant to be, Chanyeol thought.

So, he did what his mind told him to. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his arm tightly. “Oh god Baekhyun. Baek..”

Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. He didn’t expect to see Chanyeol like this. He was in the tall man’s embraced. The sudden action made him gasp and he realised something.

He realised how he actually missed Chanyeol’s warmth. How he missed Chanyeol’s arms around him. How he missed the said man so much. Baekhyun was about to hugged Chanyeol back when he remembered something. Chanyeol had left him alone all this while.

Baekhyun pulled away with all his might and scowled at the man infront of him. He also took a few steps back, away from the taller man. “What are you doing here?” He said coldly, moisten eyes glaring at Chanyeol.

“What? Baek,” Chanyeol had expected this but he didn’t know how to react with that. Baekhyun was mad at him. “No, Baek-“ He tried to pull Baekhyun’s arm but he was swatted away.

“Don’t.Ever.Call.Me.That.” Baekhyun said sternly, eyes still glaring with so much hatred. He pulled Chaemin’s arm and walked towards his car outside.

Chaemin was confused as he was dragged away by his mama. He looked at Jungwoo that was giving him the same expression, shrugged.

Chanyeol  was stunned and when he get back to his senses, he ran to catch Baekhyun. He can’t just let Baekhyun get away just like that. He almost forgot about Jungwoo as he carried the boy with him and ran outside.

He saw Baekhyun was nearing his car so he put Jungwoo down and told the boy to wait by the car. Jungwoo just nodded since he couldn’t understand what was happening.

Baekhyun had closed the door for Chaemin and walked towards his seat. He was about to closed the door when a hand stopped him from doing so. He looked upwards and he saw Chanyeol was panting.

“Please, wait. Baek, don’t run away please,” Chanyeol was practically begging for him not to go. He looked at Baekhyun pleading eyes and he saw Baekhyun was trying to keep himself from crying. Chanyeol could see his glossy eyes.

Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away–he had to do that a lot of time–before closing the door with a loud slam not before pushing Chanyeol to the ground.

Baekhyun quickly closed the door and locked it. He didn’t wait any longer and sped away, leaving Chanyeol alone.

Chanyeol looked at the car with a determined look. 'I'll make it up to you Baek. I promised you before, I won't let you go without any reasons didn't I?'


a/n:

There you go :) I'm not really happy with this but this is the best I could do :/ So, they finally met and yeah obviously Baek is furious. Sorry if maybe I let you guys wait because I could barely update all this week. Problems with the internet at home -.- 

The story didn't go as I planned actually xD so I have to re-do some things lol but I enjoyed writing this basically because it's Baekyeol we're talking about :P

Thanks for the new subscribers, I really appreciate that :)

Comment, subscribe and upvote? Love you!

-Hana-