Coincidence

That One Mistake

Chapter 3

“Bye, study hard. Love you,” Baekhyun gave his son a big kiss on the cheeks before proceeding to open the car door for the boy.

They are currently in front of Chaemin’s school gate. Everyday would be like this; him sending his son to school and then he’ll move to his work place.

“Okay Ma, bye! Love you too,” Chaemin returned the kiss with a loud smooch and walked out while waving cutely at his mama.

Baekhyun just smiled through the window until Chaemin walked safely into the school gate. He was about to step on the gas when he thought that he saw someone he knew, talked to his son. But when he looked back, that someone had disappeared along with his son into the school building. Baekhyun just shrugged it off, thinking that maybe it was one of the kid's parents he'd saw before and drove away.

It took approximately fifteen minutes –more or less– for him to reached ‘Baeksoo Book Cafe’. He parked his car on an empty park reserved for him. He locked his car and twirled the keys between his fingers before stuffing it into his pocket.

Baekhyun shivered a little when he was met with cold air once he opened the door.

“Baek! You’re here!”

Baekhyun had already expected that but the sound seems a bit happier than before though. He went to the back of the counter to greet the said man with a mirrored grin.

“Wow, you seems overly excited today, Soo,” Baekhyun chuckled, hands reaching for the apron hanging behind him before wrapping it around his waist.

Kyungsoo had been his business partner since the last two years. They had been bestfriends since forever and Kyungsoo decided to helped Baekhyun. Kyungsoo knew everything –and he mean it, everything– about Baekhyun especially about that his-name-who-can’t-be-said. So, he came up with a plan to cheer his dearest friend up.

Baekhyun had admit it himself that Kyungsoo is a great cook. And he knows that Baekhyun had a big liking towards books. So, one day he brought Baekhyun to his house and told about his plan.

Baekhyun was reluctant at first but after a lot of talking and nagging (on Kyungsoo’s side), he finally agreed much to Kyungsoo’s delight.

So, here they are in the cafe with Kyungsoo who are responsible for the cooking and Baekhyun handled the books and customer’s service. They thought that the idea for having just a cafe was plain normal so they went for the plan of opening a book cafe where people can have a drink and read some books while they’re at it.

“Oh, you don’t know. Jongin made me breakfast today! Isn’t that cute?” Baekhyun could hear Kyungsoo giggled and could practically saw the glow on his friend’s face.

“Ah! You guys had made up huh? Don’t tell me that’s the only thing he did to beg for your forgiveness,” Baekhyun laughed when he saw Kyungsoo’s grin turned to a scowl.

“Well, at least I have someone to cook for me,” Kyungsoo replied, oblivious to the words he had said.

Baekhyun’s laughter slowly died down when he heard that. The air around them suddenly changed and Kyungsoo noticed that. His face turned to guilt as he saw Baekhyun’s blank expression.

He scrambled to Baekhyun’s side. “Oh no no! Baek, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean-“

Baekhyun looked at him and gave that sad smile that makes his stomach churned.

“No, it’s okay. I guess, I really have no one to make me breakfast, Kyung,”

Kyungsoo felt like for saying that and he can just looked at Baekhyun’s retreating back as the petite boy walked towards the bookshelves probably to arranged the new books that had arrived.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Chanyeol had received a phone call from his older sister; Park Yura an hour ago. She had called to remind him about their family dinner tonight. It’s not something fancy, just a get-together since Yura had just moved back from New Zealand to Korea with her family.

Chanyeol was welcomed by the sound of people talking once he stepped into the house (his parents’ house).

He smiled at the sight of his sister and mother busy walking in and out of the kitchen, arranging the foods and plates on their dining table. While his father and brother-in-law was talking to each other on the couch beside his nephew, Jungwoo.

“Wow so much for a greeting,” Chanyeol said out loud when he realised no one noticed of his presence.

“Uncle Yeol!” Chanyeol was suddenly engulfed by a big hug from Jungwoo.

“Hey big boy,” He lifted the boy and walked back to the couch. Mr and Mrs Park laughed at the scene.

“Uncle, I miss you!” Jungwoo shouted,excitedly.

“Yeah, yeah. I miss you too,” Chanyeol just laughed. He can't helped but thought about his son. Those words has a different meaning actually. 

“Alright, enough with all those drama. Food is done, come on,”

Jungwoo pulled away first and ran towards his mother. Chanyeol chuckled before he too walked towards the dining table.

Everyone had settled down after a while. Chanyeol was sitting beside Jungwoo, across Yura and her husband. They looked so good together and he can’t helped but thought about them again. He was about to went deeper into his thought when Mrs Park interrupted.

“So Jungwoo honey, today was your first day of school right? How was it?”

Chanyeol looked at his nephew with a ‘oh really?’ look because he didn’t know that. No one tells him so.

The boy nodded eagerly. “Oh yeah! And I made a new friend! Remember the boy we saw just now, mum?” He looked at his mother before continuing after she gave a small nod.

“He was so friendly and he helped me a lot today!” Everyone at the table laughed at the way Jungwoo moved his hands along while telling the story about this friend of his. But that’s not the end.

“Eventhough I just met him, but I think we will be the bestest friend later on! I can’t wait to meet him again tomorrow,” he let out a small squeal and Chanyeol chuckled. “You didn’t tell us his name though. What’s his name?”

Everyone looked at the boy expectantly and the minute Jungwoo said the name, Chanyeol’s heart stopped beating for a second and the spoon he was holding almost dropped on the plate.

“Chaemin, Park Chaemin,"


Late update, internet ting on me -.- dun dun dun cliffhanger? lol Park Yura is here woot woot ! haha and yeah in case you guess didn't notice, that someone that Baek saw in the previous chapter is actually her ;) idk this is really short sorry.

So, don't forget to comment, I really need that :) and subscribe if you like ^^

-Hana-