Only Us

That One Mistake

Chapter 1

They were laying on the couch, watching a somewhat sappy love drama. Baekhyun was in the inside of the couch with his five years old son, Chaemin under his arm. Baekhyun was playing with his son's fluffy hair. While the boy was laying on the crook of his daddy's neck, twiddling his father's fingers with his small one. Anyone that saw this scene will actually smile because of how cute they were.

No sound could be heard except for the faint sound from the television and their heartbeats beating. The silence is somewhat comfortable for both of them. They were in this position since the last sixty minutes. Baekhyun had just came home from work, picked Chaemin up from school and was too tired. So they both just settled on the couch since then.

Baekhyun was about to close his eyes because the sleepiness had finally took over him when he heard his son calling him. "Ma, are you sleeping?"

Chaemin had been calling him 'Ma' since he first talked. Baekhyun was okay with his son calling him that because well, that was the first baby word that Chaemin had said to him.

"No. Why?" He smiled, looking down at his son that was already staring at him. "Can I ask you something?" Chaemin said after a while.

Baekhyun sat up straight and pulled his son up, settling the little boy on his lap.

"What is it, honey?" Baekhyun asked softly. He looked at Chaemin and he saw that the said boy hesitates for awhile.

"W-Where is papa?" Chaemin said so softly that Baekhyun could barely hear. The boy looked down at his lap, scared of Baekhyun's reaction for asking that question.

Baekhyun's hand stopped mid-air as he was the boy's hair. 

He didn't realised that he had zoned out when he heard a sniffling sound. He looked down with wide eyes as he felt a heavy weight on his chest. He saw Chaemin had buried his face into his chest.

"I-I'm sorry. I wont ask t-that again," the father softened when he heard his son's muffled voice and sobbing.

Baekhyun brought Chaemin closer for a hug and rubbed the boy's back, calming him down. "Oh honey, don't cry. I'm not mad at you. Now now stop crying hmm?"

Chaemin looked at him with those glossy eyes and tears running down his cheeks. Baekhyun wiped his tears with so much care and kissed both his cheeks.

"I know you miss him but what can we do. I don't know where he is and I don't want to know. After what he did to us," Baekhyun said that with so much hurt and hatred.

"But we're good without him right, baby? Just the two of us. Just know that I love you so much,"

Eventhough Chaemin was just five years old, he was actually more mature compared to other kids his age. That's maybe because he had been living alone with Baekhyun all this while. Chaemin looked into Baekhyun's far away eyes and he can't not missed the look in his father's eyes; anger, hatred and most importantly, hurt.

"I love you, ma," he kissed his mum's forehead and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun gladly hugged the boy back and rocked him side to side while rubbing the little boy's back.

After a moment of being in each other's arms, Baekhyun stand up with his son wrapped around him. "Come on. Let's get you to bed alright, kiddo,"

The father walked up the stairs to his son's bedroom. Once they reached there, Baekhyun put his son down.

"Let's change your clothes first," Baekhyn went to Chaemin's closet and picked up a baby blue pyjamas with some small bears printed on it.The father smiled as he saw his son rubbing his ears cutely, indicating that he's sleepy.

Baekhyn quickly changed his clothes and chuckled when his son let out a soft yawn with his eyes closed. Baekhyun picked him up and tucked him in bed.

The boy snuggled deeper in his blanket and fall into deep slumber. But not before saying, "Goodnight ma. I love you," 

Baekhyun bent down to kissed the boy's forehead and nose. He whispered a soft " I love you too. Goodnight, my baby,"

He switched on the lamp on the bedside table since Chaemin cant sleep well in the dark and walked towards the door. Then, he switched off the main light switch, went out and closed the door.

Baekhyun walked back to the living room to switched off the television. He went to the couch and searched for the remote control and switched it off.

Darkness had covered him as he sat on the couch. He suddenly remembered what his son had asked just now.

He knew Chaemin actually missed him. Chaemin is really a matured boy, he thought. That was actually the first time he had ask for his papa.

But now maybe the boy really can't keep it anymore. He's still a small kid afterall.

Baekhyun's vision blurred with tears as he thinks about him. The man that he love, his husband and the father of his son. Baekhyun still can't bring himself to say the said man's name after all this years.

They were happy before, really happy and Baekhyun smiled reminding all the happy times he had with him. But everything came crashing down one day.

Baekhyun was left behind to take care of Chaemin after two years of their son's birth. Chanyeol left just like that.

Baekhyun almost reminisced the past but he came back to his senses and shooked his head. He wiped the tears that he didn't realised had travelled down his cheeks harshly. 

"Why should I think of him now. He left me, left us alone.' 

A tear slide down his soft cheeks and he wiped it again before going upstairs to his bed. And that very night, he dreamed of him.


a/n :

First chapter had already made me sad :( and it's baek we're talking about oh god i'm sorry. i'm emotional over my own story, what a shame haha

This is actually my first real attempt on making an angst story. Idk I just love angst, don't judge :P

Sorry for the grammar and spelling yeah? And just want you to know, this story might be cliche. So bare with it :P

Thanks for those who subscribed :) 

-Hana-