Setlist

Exo Rock N Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

School had let out and Ginny was ready to go in her pink and black hybrid Honda. She was in the driver’s seat and as she was about to drive home she got a text from Luhan.

 

Ginny’s Iphone made a ding sound and the the text read. “Hey Ginny, we will be there at your house at around 5:00pm and let’s jam together okay!?”


 

“Oh and sorry about yesterday.Love Luhan.” The text was pretty much to the point but sweet at the same time.

 

Ginny was excited to perform with her bandmates again. Once Ginny got home she put her backpack down and she went into her basement to make sure that the instruments and equipments were okay.

 

Ginny spoke to herself inside her head, “Everything seems to be fine here. The drums,check. Ginny felt like she was a professional by making sure that everything was okay before the members come and start jamming.

 

“The bass and all the guitars check.” The rocker girl thought that everything was fine and completed the check up.Once she was done inspecting the instruments Ginny decided to do her homework a little bit before the boys got there. It was 4:50pm exactly when Ginny just looked at her phone to check out the time and as she put the phone back down on the stool Ginny heard the doorbell.

 

Ginny peeked through the peephole and it was her bandmates and they were 10 minutes early. Everyone gave each other hugs as they greeted each other, “Hey guys.” Ginny said with her happy voice. “So glad to see you guys.” Ginny smiled so big that she actually showed some teeth and Luhan apologized to Ginny about the day before. “So sorry about yesterday Ginny baby.” Ginny did the hand motion letting Luhan know that it’s quite okay for them not being able to make it for jam session the day prior. “Oh its quite alright Luhan.” Then Luhan quickly interrupted her. “What? You mean Luhan oppa?”  Ginny quickly apologized to the older boy. “Oh sorry Luhan oppa.” Ginny let out a slight embarrassed smile.

 

Luhan, our friendly band member wasn’t trying to flirt with Ginny at all but Kai felt a bit uncomfortable with Luahn being overtly friendly with the girl he thinks he has a crush on. Although Ginny really thought nothing of it and just thought that Luhan was naturally a very friendly guy.

 

Kai murmured, “Luhan is too friendly.” Luhan had heard what Kai said under his breath, “Hey I heard that you know.” Kai rapidly apologized, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.” Luhan  didn’t mind about what Kai said since he was just messing with the younger boy, “Its okay lets go practice already.”

 

Kris kept on checking out Ginny mysteriously and Ginny was wondering why Kris hasn’t said a word except for “Waddup” and how he’s been staring at her. Lay gave ginny a smile and said “So sorry about yesterday, it was an emergency….please understand.” Chanyeol chimed in as well, “Me too! sorry Ginny girly!” Ginny immediately cut them off because she felt that them not being able to make it wasn’t such a thing to constantly apologize for. “No,no its okay guys, don’t need to apologize. This should naturally happen since we are  all students here you know.”

 

Ginny interrupted Chanyeol and Luhan getting all excited  and was interested in what the plan was going to be. “What should we play today”? Kris chose to reveal what the plans could be for today. “Guns N Roses.” Kris said in his short and sweet manner and Everyone shouted “Yeah!” Ginny asked “Which song from Guns N Roses thought?” Kris replied, “Patience.” Kai got into his position and he just smiled because he was able to spend one on one time with our rock princess and Chanyeol noticed something different about Kai today. Chanyeol was very intuitive about these kinds of things, he might be derpy but was very witty at the same time.

 

Chanyeol spoke noisily, “Yo Kai, what’s up with you today? “You’re smiling a lot you know that?!” Chanyeol laughed out loud, “You got a fever or something?” Kai sighed and he tried to sound as normal as possible. “I’m just happy that I’m able to rock out with you guys that’s all.”

 

Ginny said, “Kris you’re the bandleader now so I ask you to help me to run this band,so what should we do at this point?” Ginny asked firmly but politely.

 

Ginny quickly corrected herself thinking that she wasn’t clear enough about what she really meant. “I meant are there any particular songs we can jam to?Or should we work on writing our own songs? If you are interested in performing our own songs then Lay and I can most definitely help with that.” Kris simply replied, “We should jam to already existing songs for now but later we can do our own songs.” Lay chimed in since had an idea to offer. “Once we get used to playing already existing songs then we can jam to what we wrote.” Ginny agreed to what Lay had just said, “I was thinking the same thing. Play cover songs of professional musicians for now and then include our own songs.”

 

Luhan added. “We can perform for clubs and even for our school events and such.” Kris recognized Luhan’s idea. “That would be cool to perform at clubs but I don’t think we can because we’re still in High School.

 

Luhan’s face showed acknowledgment. “I think would be fun to play for those kinds of places and although we are still kinda young I hope we would be able to convince them somehow.” Luhan went on, “The annual Christmas event is coming and we can probably perform there as well.” Luhan said in an excited voice.

 

Chanyeol was thrilled with this particular discussion. “Man,I can’t wait till we can go and really perform for lots of people.” Luhan agreed and he was equally passionate about this. “Yeah I know, it would be such a thrill to have tons of people cheering for us and that would be so awesome!” Kris continued on and he knew quite about which songs would be perfect for them to play as a unit.

 

“Patience is the easiest Guns N Roses song to learn how to play in my opinion.” Kris firmly said “To your positions please.” Kris seemed like a good leader so far, a little on the mysterious side but a confident leader though.

 

Kris directed them in a straightforward manner “Please get  ready guys.On the count to 3 we’ll play the song,got it?” Everyone said in unison loudly, “Okay.” Kris counted “4.3.2.1.”

 

Everyone tried to play the song and Kris really loved Guns N Roses but the others,Guns N Roses was an alright band. It was a little rough for everyone to play it right at first,but everyone seemed to be musical geniuses since they were able to pick up rather quickly.

 

Kai was determined, focused, and pretty serious about all this, Kai was the very hardworking type. He took pride in his work and treats it with utmost devotion. Also,he loves giving it his 120% whatever he is into.Kai started out rather shaky when the jam session begun with their first song PATIENCE by GUNS N ROSES, but he got it down soon enough though.

 

Ginny sang PATIENCE by GUNS N ROSES as she was fiddling her guitar,although GUNS N ROSES songs were more for males but Ginny was able to pull it off just fine.

 

Everyone was so shocked to see how such a cute looking girl was able to sing a GUNS N ROSES song. Normally Ginny’s voice was somewhat high pitched to even medium pitched. Sounded girly,but yet tough. However, it was hard to believe that Ginny was able to sing a GUNS N ROSES song in a husky and raspy voice.

 

The band wanted to practice a lot and get really good so they could perform at the school, local festivals and clubs if they possibly could that is. They were willing to perform anywhere as long as they were given the chance to. The band planned to practice a handful of already existing songs by other bands and they were going to be covering songs from other famous bands until they were ready to come up  with their own creation.

 

Kai was getting better with his drumming and also Kris had gotten better with his bass playing skill as well. Kris said with a serious tone of voice. “We should select a few songs from bands and musicians that we like and practice them. We  should create a set list to play at different venues.” I want us to be prepared to play wherever we are invited to and do our best.” Kris was intense,competitive and mysterious. Normally he doesn’t talk much but lately he had been talking a lot more than usual, it came with the territory. Leaders need to direct the band members so it couldn’t be helped.

 

Kris also added. “The school Christmas event is coming up soon too so we should even learn a few Christmas carols that we can rock it up.”

 

Everyone was giving their all on this particular jam session and it was obvious that they were all having a real good time. Kai and Kris to master their new instruments fast enough while Lay seemed to be making his fingers roam all over the keyboard.

 

Luhan and Chanyeol were rivals, one was rhythm guitar while the other was the lead guitarist.But both of those guys balanced each other out perfectly and last but not least Ginny was good at what she does weather its singing or playing the guitar.

 

Even though Ginny and Kai were jamming hard but they also squeezed in a little time to glance at each other or maybe even send out a quick smile when nobody was looking. Ginny stopped what she was doing and asked. “So what songs should we pick for our setlist for our first performance?” Kris calmly said. “We could decide on that tomorrow.” Ginny agreed because it was getting somewhat late already.Ginny’s family was really busy with their own endeavors so the guys were never able see them.

 

Everyone packed up their instruments and Ginny decided to let them take their instruments just incase they needed to practice more, however with the drums its so much harder to pack up so Kai and Ginny made a deal with each other regarding this.

 

“All of you guys can take your instruments home so you can practice more if you need to.” Ginny informed this to the members because she thought they might need more practice and she just wanted to considerate as much as she could. Ginny paused for a moment after she just spoke about the instruments and turned to Kai. “Drums are much harder to pack up so you can come over to my house either  before practice or stay later if you need to.” Ginny wasn’t sure if she was doing the right thing so she let out a sigh. “Sorry Kai, those drums are my older brother’s so I can’t let you take it home.Besides it would be a hassle too.” Ginny tried her best to sound reasonable.

 

Kai smiled because he kinda had a feeling that Ginny was trying to make excuses to spend more time with him alone,so he said with a little grin. “Oh no a problem, I will do that.” Ginny deep inside had an evil motive which was to spend some alone time with Kai. Luhan, Chanyeol,Lay and Kris all said their farewells but Kai decided to remain a little longer. Of course he was pretending to need more practice but it was just an excuse to get closer to Ginny. Kai was acting like a sly dog.

 

Kai looked at Ginny and she just didn’t know what to do so she just smiled awkwardly.

 

“Kai, I’m going to eat dinner and try to get some of my homework done.” said Ginny quietly. I’m going back up to the living room.” said Ginny somewhat coldly. Kai got out of the drum seat and said something. “I will go with you!” Kai protested. Ginny let out a sigh as she spoke. “Wait, I thought you needed more practice?” Ginny gave Kai that evil grin. Kai didn’t know what to say so he made up an excuse. “ I need to go to the bathroom,I really need to go!” Kai felt really silly saying these kinds of things since he felt like his cool reputation was about to go down the drain. Ginny knew what Kai was up to since she was relatively a smart girl.Ginny didn’t mind although she was trying her best to play it cool. Ginny said in her cold manner. “Fine then.”

 

Kai pretended to go to the bathroom and stayed in there for around two minutes then he flushed the toilet so it would look as if he really went to the bathroom. Kai came out of the bathroom and saw Ginny’s hair down and It was his first time seeing her hair down like that.It was somewhat long, below shoulder length to be precise and ontop of that her hair was a little bit wavy and the color was burgundy. The hair always smelt like some fruity shampoo and it was very shiny too so it radiated. Ginny had her hair in high ponytail or pigtails most of the time. After Kai seeing Ginny sitting on her pinkish couch with her hair down, his heart started to skip a beat.The rocker girl was sitting on the couch doing her homework and she wasn’t just a hot rock goddess but an excellent student as well.

 

Kai went up to Ginny. “So what homework is that?” Kai was genuinely curious. Ginny replied. “Oh its math and I’m almost done I got one more problem to go.”

 

Ginny quickly finished the last problem and she was done with her homework for the night and stood to do some stretching. Ginny yawned too due to being tired after the band meeting. “Man, I’m kinda tired and also a bit hungry, Kai do you want to eat dinner with me?” Ginny asked Kai with her sweet and polite voice. “I’ll be making some Kimchi Fried Rice and I hope you’re okay with that.” Ginny couldn’t help but to have a smiley face. “Anything is fine with me,I am so hungry after all that drumming.”

 

While Ginny was making her specialty, Kimchi Fried Rice, Kai asked. “So Ginny, how come I never get to see your family?” Ginny sighed a bit because she didn’t want to be reminded that she was alone most of the time when she is at home. “You know,they are all super busy with their own lives. My mom and dad are always away due to business trips.And my big brother is a workaholic and my big sister goes to school elsewhere and lives in the dorm so I only get to see her on holidays.Right now its mainly my big brother since he does sleep here its just he’s been so busy lately that he doesn’t come home till 10pm and I’m asleep by then.” Ginny continued on about her home life.

 

“I usually get to see my brother on the weekends though.” Ginny smiled bitterly. “My parents do live here and I used to see them more often but for the last 2 months they been working on a new project for their business so they go out of town a lot.”

 

As Ginny opened up  about her family life Kai felt bad for her. At least Kai got to see his family more often and he felt that he should keep her company more so she won’t be so lonely.Is this love or what?! Kai knew that he was feeling something for Ginny and certainly its not love yet since they have only have known each other for a few days but his feelings for her were developing bit by bit.

 

The aroma of the Kimchi fried rice was making Kai even more hungry. “Ummm, smells really good.” Kai said with a smile. Ginny said. “It’s almost ready.” The Kimchi fried rice came out good. Ginny and Kai were chowing down together. It was already 8pm and Kai looked at Ginny as she was finishing his food,   “Do you ever get lonely in this huge house all by yourself?” Ginny replied as she let out a long sigh, “I’m used to it now, besides I’m a big girl so it really doesn’t matter you know.”

 

Ginny and Kai looked at each other. They looked like as if they wanted to kiss each other but refrained from doing it. Ginny worriedly said “I hope other members won’t misunderstand.” Kai smiled and reassured the girl. “Don’t worry we’ll be fine.”

 

Kai and ginny felt like they were being drawn to one another like a magnet. Kai also commented on Ginny’s cooking. She liked to cook and bake but she thought she wasn’t that good. “That was some good Kimchi fried rice.” Kai was rubbing his full and happy stomach. “Would you make it for me again?” Kai asked Ginny in a goofy tone of voice. Ginny smiled with her Aegyo face and she felt content that he liked her cooking. “Yes, of course.” Ginny was about to do the *bbuing bbuing* aegyo thing but decided not to because she didn’t want to ruin her still somewhat tough rock girl image. “I’ll be glad to make it for you again and I am so glad that you enjoyed it though.I thought you weren’t gonna like it honestly.” Ginny thought she was going crazy by smiling at Kai in such cuteness but wasnt gonna go completely girly with the whole Bbuing Bbuing and she felt that she needed to keep her cool tough rock girl image in check.

 

Ginny sighed and went on to say. “You know since nobody had been home to cook for me I had to fend for myself but I am okay with that now, I actually thank my family because through them I am better at cooking now.” Ginny laughed although their was some bitterness towards her family deep within but still happy that through this experience she was able to grow little by little.

 

Kai thought that Ginny can be super sweet. Kai and Ginny both laughed and they knew deep inside that they liked each other but didn’t want to admit it yet since it had not been that long. They decided not to act too obvious in front of the band members either and knew that it would be wise to just act this way only when they were alone. Ginny and Kai both started to know how they had been feeling towards about each other since the day they met but admitting it now would not be such a good thing.

 

Ginny sighed out of confusion. “I bet the members have no idea that we been so friendly to one another.” Kai just nodded without a word but gave her his sweet smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter