The Request

Partners?

Chapter 4: The Request

 

Gwang soo scratched his head. Did he really hear his Jong kook hyung request that? In their three years in Running Man, his hyung had never asked the Pd for anything. Until now. And he seriously never expected hearing that from the tiger.

 

“Hyung, not too happy with us?” Gwang soo asked his question pregnant with meanings.

 

“Well who would want Easy brothers as teammates?” the commander said, trying to sound annoyed but it was weak and only foolish viewers will actually fall for that. He actually looks more relieved and happy with the guys. Suk Jin is a caring sunbae and Gwang soo is actually a very sweet maknae if not for the betrayals. That was comfortable for him and that also means he could take it a bit easy and let the teams with guests shine.

 

Suk Jin and Gwang soo did the expected barrage of complaints but when the Pds cues for change of tapes, the two grinned at Jong kook. Both of them having a stupid smile on their face.

 

Jong kook only laughed. At least they were far away from the other teams. He had also stopped ‘accidentally’ finding himself next to her.

 

“Yah, Jong kook-ah, isn’t that too harsh? Whom do you want to be with? Ji hyo?” Suk Jin teased, restraining his laughter. “Well Kwang Ja isn’t as pretty as her, but we’ll do our best.”

 

The eldest noticed Jong kook tensing up at the mention of her name. He chuckled, there might be really something going on and the easy brothers had fun teasing the Tiger knowing he’ll never blow his temper or anything.

 

“But seriously, after that night… had you talked to her Jong kook-ah?”

 

The VJs returned with the new tapes. Gwang soo waited patiently and Suk Jin looked at Jong kook with interest. Like Jaesuk, the eldest’s stare is piercing through him. Jong kook sighed and shook his head.

 

“You should hyung, as soon as possible…”

“He’s right… but maybe, you should have a really long talk with yourself first.” Suk Jin smiled warmly, half hugging him. The cameras were and the filming resumed. Again, he was on auto-mode his eyes scanning for her, wondering if he should just let things die down or do something about it.

 

Gwang soo watched his hyung. Three years may not be a long time and he’s not really the sharpest among them but he had never seen Jong kook distracted like that during filming. Besides, who wouldn’t be shocked if they heard his request? At first, he wanted to believe what his hyung said that night was nothing and just a drunken habit but it has come to a point that he could almost believe it. And Gwang soo will never forget hearing that request.

 

“Pdnim… can I? Just for a while”

“Well, then you will be with Gwang soo and Suk Jin. Did you fight?”

 

Without any pause, he heard his hyung’s voice again, “It’s okay… with Gwang soo and hyung... as long as it’s not with the Ace… or any girls for that matter.”

"Got a girl friend who is getting jealous?"

 

A chuckle echoed but not sounding too confident.

 

Gwang soo strained to hear more but he had to scamper away when he heard the scraping of chairs and the sound of footsteps towards the door that he's leaning on.