The Realization

Partners?

Chapter 2: The Realization

 

Jong kook woke up his head aching and his sheets smelling like soju. His room was empty when he expected everyone to be scattered around in various positions of sleep.

 

But his room was clean. There was no Ji hyo. No Dong hoon, no Gary, no giraffe… he went out of his room in a daze. Even his kitchen is clean.

 

The phone rang and he scrambled back to his room to answer the call, cursing aloud when he tripped on a tangle of clothes in the floor. He stared at the pile of garments on the carpet and realized he was save for boxer shorts. He silently prayed he stripped when he was alone in his bed and not while he was out there with the gang.

 

The phone called his attention and he looked at the screen, it was Jae suk.

 

“Yeoboseo, hyung?”

“Ah Jong kook-ah… do you feel okay?”

“Neh… I can’t really remember last night though. Why did you all left early? Something happened?”

“We better talk in person. You’ve just woken up and haven’t eaten yet?”

“Neh…”

“Good, meet me in Haha’s restaurant.” Even before he could answer, the call ended. Jong kook wondered what happened to make the hyung sound worried and even restless or what happened for them to leave just like that.

 

He shrugged and went for a shower.

 

>/////<

 

“What!?”

“Well we should be the one asking you that.” Jaesuk said while his muscular dongsaeng choked on water. “We did what? Me and Ji hyo?”

“Shh, Jong kook hyung! Someone will hear you!”Haha said, bringing him a pot of porridge.

 

He slept with Song Ji hyo?

 

“No.”

“Then why did you say that?” Jong kook looked at Jaesuk blankly.

 

“I don’t know.”

“Maybe hyung wanted to sleep with Ji hyo?”

“That’s ridiculous Dong hoon-ah!”

“She’s pretty hyung. You two are close that Gary hyung and I eve bet --” Jong kook glared at his friend who immediately broke into a wide smile and showered him with kisses. “Sorry hyung…”

 

Jae suk grinned, muttering under his breath. He too was aware of the closeness between the Commander and Ace and often he got silly what ifs about the two that he always shrugged away. “Haha is right though, that’s why Hoonie here also used to like her…”

“Eyy Jaesuk hyung… past is past okay? Go Jong kook hyung, we’ll be rooting for you.”

 

Jong kook stared at the delicious looking porridge. Why did he say those words? Well they did literally slept together one time, but not in the sense that they shared something.

 

“Hyung, remember when…” his words trailed off. He suddenly remembered Ji hyo’s reddened face last night practically begging him to keep quiet. He bit his lip and shrugged, “I’m not really sure… but I’m sure that I had never touched her.”

 

Jaesuk patted his shoulders and urged him to eat his food. The look in his hyung’s face made him want to say there’s really nothing but he also knew there was no point in defending himself. His mentor and friend saw right through him.

 

“Well alcohol makes us say the weirdest things…” or the truth, the eldest said, throwing again another knowing look at Jong kook who was busy pretending he liked the soup. 

 


Thanks for reading :D