Chapter Seven

Problems

Chapter Seven

 

~~~

 

"Aww, don't run away girl. I just want to have fun," The drunk man slurred as Taeyeon continued to walk, speeding up in the process. That's when Taeyeon heard the man starting to run. Fear began to build up inside of Taeyeon as she took off in a sprint. Clearly the man had taken one too many drinks and perhaps Taeyeon could out run him.

 

But, Taeyeon was wrong. Instead, the alcohol inside the man seemed to speed him up and it was only seconds until Taeyeon was pinned to the wall. She gasped and struggled as the man grabbed her wrists, pinning her to the brick building. Taeyeon used al her strength trying to get the man off of her but it was no use, the man was way stronger than her.

 

Tears filled Taeyeon's vision as the man began to kiss her neck, her eyes moved around frantically for any people walking on the streets or any oncoming cars. Taeyeon tried kicking her legs but that just resulted in the man fully pressing his body against her. Tears flooded Taeyeon's face, "Stop!" she screamed as the man bit her neck.

 

She thrashed around, attempting to do anything to this man who reeked of alcohol off of her. "Stop!" she wailed while the man continued to move down with the sloppy kisses. Taeyeon closed her eyes tightly, wishing this would all end, hoping it was all a nightmare. That was when she felt the man pushed off of her with a loud thud as he hit the ground. Taeyeon didn't bother opening her eyes, she felt too vulnurable.

 

Taeyeon slid down and curled into a ball as she sobbed. She was closed to getting ually assaulted. Taeyeon needed to find a house, and she needed to find one quickly. 

 

Sounds of groaning came from the man who was currently getting beat up. Meanwhile the man was getting beat up, another girl ran over to Taeyeon, "Taeyeon," she spoke softly, bending down to get on level with Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn't reply, she continued to cry.

 

Tiffany frowned, "Siwon, just take him to the police station I guess. Jessie go with him, I'm going to take Taeyeon back to my house," The red head said to both her friends. Siwon continued to punch the man below him and Jessica pulled him off, "Come on, Siwon," Jessica said while Siwon forcefully pulled the guy up.

 

Tiffany turned her gaze to the sobbing girl, she didn't want to touch Taeyeon at all, considering what just happened. "Taeyeon, come on, get up. You can sleep at my place," Tiffany said as softly as she could. Taeyeon didn't like recieving anything from Tiffany, but this time, she wanted to go to Tiffany's house.

 

Taeyeon stood up and Tiffany followed before walking in front of Taeyeon, heading to her house. As they walked, they saw a couple of men walking on the street across from them. Taeyeon sped up her steps and connected shoulders with Tiffany, scared out of her wits. Tiffany glared at the men before continuing to walk home, Taeyeon right beside her.

 

~~~

 

"Here, you can change in here, I'll just be in the living room," Tiffany spoke softly, handing the girl some clothes. Taeyeon sniffed, taking the clothes. As Tiffany began to walk out, Taeyeon took her wrist, surprising her. Tiffany turned and Taeyeon immediately let go of her wrist, "Can.. you stay?" Taeyeon mumbled, staring at the ground. Tiffany frowned at how scared Taeyeon was but nodded, walking to the door but staying there with her back turned.

 

Taeyeon quickly changed into the clothes before walking to Tiffany with her dirty clothes in hand. Tiffany turned and took the clothes, "I'll put it in the washer," Tiffany said but Taeyeon shook her head, "Just throw it away," she replied, staring at the clothes.

 

Keeping the clothes was a waste, it'll only give Taeyeon bad memories. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon for a moment before figuring it was best not to say anything, she walked to the kitchen, dumping the clothes in the trash bin. She walked to the living room and saw Taeyeon curled in her ball, shaking. Tiffany frowned deeply, that drunk guy must've really gotten to her.

 

"You can sleep in my room, if you want," Tiffany suggested, walking over and sitting next to Taeyeon on the couch. Taeyeon didn't respond, which was what she usually did, but Tiffany was worried. Genuinly worried. The type of silence was not the normal silence Taeyeon would give, this was the type of silence someone would use when they've experienced a traumatic experience.

 

"You should go to bed soon, it's really late," Tiffany said, looking at the clock. Taeyeon began to uncurl her body and that's when Tiffany noticed her red wrists and the bite marks on Taeyeon's neck. Anger built up inside of Tiffany. She was angry at the man who did all of this and hoped he would get thrown into jail. Taeyeon stood but she hesitated to go to the bedroom. Tiffany was watching Taeyeon take a step forward but then taking a step back.

 

Tiffany waited until Taeyeon turned, "Can.. can you sleep with me?" Taeyeon said in a small, shaky voice. Tiffany raised her eyebrows but nodded, getting up and walking to the bedroom with Taeyeon. Tiffany understood she was scared but she never would've guess Taeyeon would ask for Tiffany to sleep with her. The red head knew what Taeyeon was like.

 

She had dignity and pride, that was probably why Taeyeon was always uncomfortable whenever Tiffany gave her something. But, underneath that dignity and pride, Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was just a lonely person who needed a friend. Taeyeon slipped into the bed while Tiffany followed. Tiffany watched as Taeyeon curled into a ball again, her back facing Tiffany.

 

Tiffany laid, staring at Taeyeon's petite body. Taeyeon whimpered a little and Tiffany heard it, her heart clenched. Taeyeon scooted back until her body hit Tiffany's, she didn't care at the moment, she just didn't like the thought of feeling alone anymore. Taeyeon needed someone right now.

 

And Tiffany was that someone.

 

Hesitating, Tiffany wrapped one arm around Taeyeon's shaking body. Taeyeon didn't mind it, in fact, as much as she would hate to admit it, she liked the feeling. Taeyeon just simply couldn't sleep, her mind was still alert. "I can't sleep," Taeyeon spoke outloud. "Me neither," Tiffany replied, her mind completely awake now as well. So, the girls just laid there, Taeyeon in Tiffany's hold.

 

"Thank you," Taeyeon mumbled. Tiffany let out a small smile, "It's nothing. Besides, Siwon was the one who beat the living hell out of that dude," Taeyeon shook her head, "I'm talking about for everything else," Tiffany pulled Taeyeon a little closer than before, "That's what friends are for," she replied.

 

Taeyeon didn't know why, but she felt safe, something she hasn't felt for the past four years. Taeyeon's mind didn't think as she began to talk, "I am homeless," she started, which got Tiffany's attention fully, "My parents left along with my brother and sister when I was fourteen," she explained, tears filling her vision.

 

Tiffany didn't want to speak because she was afraid that if she did speak, Taeyeon would stop. "They weren't there when I got home from school and they never returned," Taeyeon spoke, her voice cracking a bit, "I refused to go to the orphanage, so I continued life without my family. Nobody found out that I was living alone, nobody thought that I had no family," 

 

"Even the landlord who came to kick me out of my house, they didn't even know. I told them my family went on vacation, but he still kicked me out,Taeyeon took a deep breath, "So I found a job at the local noodle shop. I've worked there for three years now and I got close to the boss. She was like a mother to me. But then, she died," The tears began to fall.

 

"It seems that everyone I begin to care about leave me. That's why I'm scared to get close to anyone. You in particular," Taeyeon said that last part softly and Tiffany barely caught it. This was the most Taeyeon had talked to anyone but she didn't care.

 

Taeyeon was finally opening up to someone.

 

"I'm scared that if I get close to someone, they'll leave me and I would have to go through the pain again. So I figured, if I don't get close to anyone, I'll never feel the pain again," Taeyeon continued. Tiffany stared at the back of Taeyeon's head.

 

"But, I guess I was wrong. I know times will come when I need someone. When I did need someone, nobody was there for me. But now, well, I have you, don't I?" Taeyeon hated to say the last part, but she did, and it made Tiffany's heart warm, "I told you already, Taeyeon. I am your friend," 

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes, moving more into Tiffany's hold, "Thank you, Tiffany,"

 

"You're welcome, Taeyeon," Tiffany mumbled back, "I'm glad you're talking to me now,"

 

Taeyeon paused for a moment before nodding slowly, "It feels nice.. Talking to someone after so long of keeping to myself," Taeyeon looked down at the arm that was wrapped around her waist, "I know eventually people will leave whether they die or whether they just simply.. leave. I used to go with the mindset of it's better not to have any memories and not deal with the pain rather than to have memories and live with the pain,"

 

"But now I think it's better to make memories with the people you care.. because then you could look back on it and smile," Taeyeon said softly, "I want to find my family again, maybe they're still alive. But I have no clue where to start,"

 

"I'll help you," Tiffany spoke. Taeyeon turned her body suddenly and looked at Tiffany, "You would?" she asked. Tiffany nodded, "Of course. Friends help friends. I'll help you find your family," Tiffany smiled, her eyes turning to cresents. Tiffany was happy. Happy that Taeyeon was finally speaking to her openly. Happy that the walls around Taeyeon's heart had broken down. Happy that Taeyeon was finally accepting her as a friend.

 

Tiffany was happy that she had finally found the missing pieces of Taeyeon's puzzle.

 

~~~

 

Taeyeon woke with a smile. All thoughts of what happened with the man last night were washed away by her conversation with Tiffany. Taeyeon finally had a friend, and she was happy. It felt weird at the thought of having a friend for Taeyeon, she was always so used to being lonely. But last night, Taeyeon no longer felt lonely. She spoke nearly all night with Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was the first person to ever get close to Taeyeon in a while. Taeyeon didn't care anymore because now she had Tiffany. Though, Taeyeon promised to herself that she'd never lean on Tiffany more than needed. Taeyeon opened herself up to Tiffany, a girl who used to eat tteokbokki with her every night, the girl who would not stop giggling in class.

 

The red head that Taeyeon caught crying one time. Taeyeon figured out why she was crying. Her mother, who was back in America, had cancer. Last night, Taeyeon saw Tiffany cry for the second time and it made her feel for the girl.

 

"Do we have classes today?" Tiffany awoke with a groan, removing her arms from around Taeyeon's waist, stretching. Taeyeon felt the absense of Tiffany's arm and shook her head, "It's Sunday, no classes," Tiffany closed her eyes again and Taeyeon watched her, "Good, I'm so tired," Taeyeon smiled a bit, watching Tiffany's face, "Stop staring at me," Tiffany told Taeyeon, feeling Taeyeon's gaze.

 

"You're weird," Taeyeon stated. Tiffany opened one eye and saw the smile on Taeyeon's lips, Tiffany also smiled, "We all are," Taeyeon nodded, "Good point," Tiffany paused before speaking,"You're weird too, you know," Taeyeon waited for Tiffany to elaborate, "Just a couple days ago you ignored me all the time, never spoke to me, never started a conversation, always just nodding your head. And now, you're speaking to me all the time. I swear, you talked more last night than I did,"

 

Taeyeon couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped her lips, "Is that bad?" Tiffany shook her head, "No. It's good actually, it shows that I'm someone you're comfortable around,"

 

Taeyeon simply continued to stare at Tiffany.

 

She was so sure that this girl was the key holder to her heart.


MERRY CHRISTMASS ALLL!!!!~~~~

And happy holidays!

2014 is almost here \o/

It's my first Christmas as a SONE!~ And also, it's my first year being a SONE! WOO~

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry about the whole 'ual harrasment' part of the chapter. It's sad thinking that the only thing that could make Taeyeon open up to Tiffany is when something bad happens.

I hope it didn't move too quickly..