Chapter Twenty-Two

Problems
 

Chapter Twenty-Two

~~~

 

"Ginger, stop it," Taeyeon scolded the hyper dog that was jumping all over her as she tried to make lunch for Taecyeon. Tiffany entered the kitchen, grabbing herself a glass of water and chuckled a bit as she saw Ginger nipping and pawing at Taeyeon's blue socks, "He missed you," Taeyeon looked up in surprise, not hearing or seeing Tiffany enter.

 

"Huh? Oh, y-yeah, it seems so," she replied, looking down at the little dog. Walking closer, Tiffany swooped down and gracefully picked up Ginger, all of his movements stopping as Tiffany held him, "What are you making?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon, peering over the older girl's shoulders.

 

It bewildered Taeyeon's mind to see Tiffany act completely normal, as if the past couple years hadn't happened between them. But, nonetheless, Taeyeon liked that the girl wasn't being awkward around her. Turning her head to face Tiffany, Taeyeon spoke.

 

"A sandwich for Taecyeon," Taeyeon paused for a moment, "Would you like one?" 

 

Tiffany's lips curved up in a smile, Taeyeon had asked her if she wanted a sandwich. Now, it may not seem like a big deal, but to Tiffany, it was.

 

"Yeah, I'd like that," she grinned and Taeyeon's heart raced as she turned around, struggling not to pass out at that very moment from the sight of Tiffany's small smile. 

 

Oh, the little things Tiffany does that make Taeyeon go wild.

 

~~~

 

Every now and then, Taeyeon liked writing little letters to herself, her future self. Just to express her feelings, to vent a little. After becoming a therapist, Taeyeon learned different ways of expressing herself and it helped her as a person, especially with her patients. 

 

Most of her patients were little kids that had lost a loved one and Taeyeon could relate to that immensively for she too had also lost a loved one at a young age. Though, when Taeyeon was younger, she didn't know how to retaliate with such news. Now, as an older woman, she could help those in need.

 

She told her patients not to hold back, to remember the good times and not forget them. She had her patients talk to her about the many times their father's had played with them or when their mother's had sang with them. The sessions often ended with many tears, those from both Taeyeon and the patient, but they were happy tears.

 

Taeyeon usually tried not to cry with her patients, but she would break at the end of their session, whether it be after the patients leave or while they left, she cried. Not because she was sad, but because she was relieved. She could help people move on, something she herself could not do as a teenager.

 

Taeyeon, for the first time in a long time, was proud of herself.

 

~~~

 

"Taecyeon-ah," Tiffany called out to the young boy who had been left with her after Taeyeon decided to take another shot at talking to his parents. Taecyeon came bounding over and jumped onto the couch, nearly landing on Tiffany, "Yes, Tiffany-noona?" he asked innocently.

 

"How does Taeyeon-noona treat you?" Tiffany asked, curious. Whenever Tiffany saw Taeyeon with Taecyeon, she was a lot more gentle, a lot more caring, and a whole lot more friendly. Perhaps Taeyeon had changed for the better since Tiffany had stopped talking to her. Taecyeon fidgeted.

 

"I don't know, she's nice," he shrugged before adding on, "Nicer than my dad," Tiffany's eyebrows furrowed together in concern, "Oh, really?" she replied, not asking anything more, though she wanted to ask the young boy about his father. Suddenly, the apartment door opened and in walked an infuriated Taeyeon. Widening her eyes, Tiffany stood from the couch and walked closer, "Taeyeon," she called gently.

 

Taeyeon's eyes connected with the brunette's and almost immediately, the anger washed away. The older girl's eyes flickered down to the young boy then back up to Tiffany.

 

"What's wrong?" Tiffany questioned, hand finding it's way onto Taecyeon's small shoulder. "His dad's a motherfu–" Taeyeon bit back her tongue, not wanting to curse in front of Taecyeon. She released a sigh, hand rubbing the back of her neck, "Your father isn't very friendly," she said to Taecyeon.

 

Taecyeon simply nodded, "I know," It went silent for a moment before Tiffany spoke up, "Did he hurt you again?" her eyes were filled with worry and concern, something that Taeyeon never got used to. Taeyeon shook her head, "Almost, but no, he didn't,"

 

"So.. what happened?" Tiffany spoke slowly. Taeyeon's eyes landed on Taecyeon, "Taec, why don't you go play with Ginger for a bit," Before Taecyeon could talk back and refuse, Taeyeon's eyebrows connected in an upwards slant, "Please?" Seeing Taeyeon like that, Taecyeon nodded and scurried off.

 

The black haired girl flung her body onto the couch and groaned, "Well, I happened to knock on their door while his parents were fighting,"

 

"Fighting?" Tiffany asked, sitting next to Taeyeon's head, looking down at the girl. Taeyeon glanced up at the girl before diverting her eyes to the TV, "Arguing. His mom was crying," she stated. "Oh.. What did you do?" 

 

"Well first, I had to calm down the mother then I talked to both of them about Taecyeon," Taeyeon sat up, back resting against the couch and shoulder touching Tiffany's, "His dad got mad at me for bugging into their lives and his mom didn't say anything,"

 

"Then what?"

 

"They showed me adoption papers,"

 

Tiffany's eyes bulged out of their sockets, "Taeyeon, you're kidding me,"

 

"I'm not," Taeyeon shook her head. "You.. You didn't sign it, did you?" Tiffany's mind was racing at the thought of Taeyeon having a son, even if it wasn't exactly her son. "Of course not, I wouldn't do that. Mostly because of his mom, who actually cares for him. But his father is too controlling over her that she was afraid to speak up,"

 

"Can't we call the police or something on him?" Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. Taeyeon's brain hurt from thinking and from the earlier events of the day, "I don't know, Tiffany, I really don't. It's just.. Taecyeon.. he.." the older girl struggled to get words out of . Not knowing what else to do, Tiffany wrapped an arm around Taeyeon's shoulder and squeezed it, "You'll do the right thing, I know you will,"

 

Though she flinched a bit, Taeyeon unconciously leaned into the familiar embrace, "You think so?"

 

"I know so,"

 

~~~

 

"Taeyeon," Jessica warned, "You're falling into the same pattern," Taeyeon scoffed, "You're being ridiculous," Jessica stood from the seat and walked closer to Taeyeon, leaning on the counter, "You're the one being ridiculous, you're falling for the same girl who broke your heart before," Jessica stated before quickly added, "Again,"

 

"It's different this time,"

 

"Taeyeon,"

 

"I'm a grown woman, Jessica, I can deal with my problems," Taeyeon sighed, turning and looking at Jessica. The younger girl suddenly hugged Taeyeon, "I just don't want you to get hurt again,"

 

"I won't,"

 

"Promise me," Jessica mumbled. But Taeyeon didn't want to promise anything. Anything that involved Tiffany was a mystery, just like Tiffany herself. A mystery.


OH GAWD IM SUCH A BAD BAD BAD GIRLL

 

=.= i'm so sorry it took so long to update lol. this chapter was totally crappy. I'm sorry about that :/ Author has a headache ):