The Beginning of the Mask Part 4

The Masked Knight (Hiatus)

 

Dara: What do you think about my look? Do I pass as a boy?

 

10608-1-2.gif

Thunder: Sometimes, I really wonder how I become your friend. This is really crazy.

Dara: Come on it’s not that bad. I mean't about the look not the hair I will take care of that later. But I look kind of cool, don’t you think?

Thunder: It’s not your look, it’s about you pretending to be a boy.

Dara: You were the first one to suggest this now you’re backing down.

Thunder: I know but I just think that this is going to be a lot of hard work. I mean you’re going to pretend as a guy at the same time you’re coming to school as Dara. If you think about it no one can survive it.

Dara: I know but I have you with me, right. You’re there to help me, which is why we are friends. Don’t worry I’ll be fine I promise. I will be the best mascot the school ever had.

Thunder: Okay I trust you. Just be careful, don’t worry once I’m out of this prison (hospital) I will help you. Wait, don’t you think we should let Dahee know about this, I mean she is your best friend.

Dara: That can wait; I have to go now if I want to be The Mask. I look okay right?

Thunder: Perfect, just don’t blow it. Good luck “cousin Donghae”

Dara: Bye!

Night of the game

Narrator

A lot of people have gathered to watch the game of the 2 best school of Korea. People are excited to know the outcome of this game. Everyone is also excited about the ACS school mascot, they also know about how the tradition of the mask goes. They are always anticipating the new design of the mask once every after 4 years. But this time the team is in chaos because their mascot is still not there.

Coach: Where’s our mascot? Is he here now, we’re going to come out soon. People are anticipating our mascot very much. Especially today since this is the first time they will get to see him. Does anyone know where he is?

Sejoon: Coach, we made sure that he’s going to come so don’t worry. (As the coach left to check on his other team players)

*I don’t know what I can use to call the players in the team so I’ll just call them Player #1… --- Author*

Player#1: Sejoon are we really sure that Thunder is going to come. I mean we didn’t see him at school this morning.

Sejoon: I’m sure, don’t you remember that he confirmed it at class this morning. Goodness you really have to pay attention at class sometime. Don’t worry too much he will come I’m sure of it, because if he doesn’t I’ll kill him.

Player#2: Right, don’t worry too much (sarcastic). Please we all know that Thunder can throw a punch you even lost to him once. He won’t be scared of you. Even with our help we won’t be able to beat him especially if he ever got Dara’s help. (Others are laughing at him)

Sejoon: Shut up! Someday I will get those two. Let’s just get ready for the game.

Narrator 

Dara is bit of late so everyone is really worried

Dara

Oh no, I’m going to be late better hurry to the dressing room. Where is it? Ahh there it is thank goodness I found it.

Narrator

When Dara opened the door she saw a man standing there with a tape measure wrapped around his neck.

Dara: Excuse me, are you the person that is suppose to help me with my mascot?

Tailor: Yes I am, but I don’t think you’re the Thunder I met from before who gave me the design for the costume.

Dara: Oh no I’m not Thunder, I’m his cousin, Donghae, he called me and asked me to be the mascot because he’s in hospital right now. He was supposed to call you I thought you should’ve known that by now. I guess he forgot, please wait I’ll call him right now.

Tailor: No, it’s okay even I think you are his cousin. You look thinner but I think I can fix that.

Dara: Thank you very much; I thought it wouldn’t thank goodness you’re here. Shall we start now?

Tailor: Yes we should, first I need to measure your waist, and the mascot is adjustable so it would be easy. Good thing I was expecting some changes beforehand.

Narrator

After the tailor prepared Dara’s costume, Dara went hiding and tried it on. It seems that it fits her well; the size, the mask, the shoes, everything. She is ready to face the crowd that is waiting for her outside.

Tailor: You should have let me helped you.

Dara: No thanks that’s okay I’ve got it all covered. (No way will I let you know about my secret)

Tailor: Still you should have let me afterall I am your tailor. But it does suit you well, this costume is very nice. (Then he walks circles around Dara --- observing her)

Dara: Is there anything wrong?

Tailor: I can’t believe I’m saying this to guy but you have a woman’s figure than of a man.

Dara: Ha-ha, I’m trying to work on that but even if I look like this I’m a good fighter you know.

Tailor: Well then, it was nice working with you.

Dara: And to you too.

Narrator

After the tailor left, Dara stayed inside the room for a minute to think about her situation right now.

Dara

I thought my cover was out. I don’t think I’m cut out for this yet. I don’t feel so good, maybe it’s the thing I ate a while ago. I should go now they might be worried if I don’t show up. No I’m doing this. I already promised Thunder. I should get to my senses. Fighting! Let’s go.

Narrator

Before Dara could grab a hold of the doorknob someone opened the door.

Dara: What the!?! (When she looks up to see who it was, she was unprepared)

Narrator

Who is the person that opened the door before Dara and why is she so shock and so unprepared for this.