First Day Of School (Part 1)

You Are Not Alone

(Nia's POV)

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Someone was knocking at my door, at the EXACT time my alarm clock went off. I groaned softly as I rose up from my slumber, eyes shut tightly. With my head hung down as I bring myself to face reality once again, I reached over to my bedside table, patting for my white, cotton gloves. slapping down on the soft fabric of them, I grab them and gently slide them on. Pushing my hands up through my hair, pulling my head back, a sleepy, yet gleeful grin covers my face.

"Today's the day."

Opening my eyes slightly, I turn to my clock and tap it gently, bringing the loud beeping to a hault. I bring my hands together, soft but audibly. 

CLAP! CLAP! 

Bright lights surge from the ceilings, lamps, and the automatic blinds of my windows shutter loudly, throguhout as they bring life to my luxury prison, I call home.

As we all know, the right piece of furniture can upgrade any division of your home. Whether you opt for a unique custom creation or keep it simple with a stylish option from a mass retailer, it’s all about finding furniture design that speaks to your design aesthetic.south korean penthouse - Αναζήτηση Google | Apartment interior ...

I quietly made my way from my door, down the hallway, and down the stairs to the front door, and look through the peep-hole to see Mr. and Mrs. Kim, my butler and maid that i've known since I'd arrived here, waiting with a cart .

"Ni-ah~", She cooed sweetly with her old, stringy voice.

I smiled softly, from hearing her voice. I open the door.

"Good morning.", I said as I opened the door, bowing to let them in.

They bowed and walked in.

"Are you excited for your first day of school?", he asked pushing up his glasses as I sat down at thedining room table.

His wife looked at him in disgust, quickly popping him in the back of the head.

"Ow!".

She scoffed at him.

"What type of stupid question was that? Of course she is!". She continued as she began to place down a teacup and plate, procedding to pour tea into it. "Being couped up in this place for years, no one visiting or to talk to. Now my little Ni-ah is gonna be able to go out, make friends, and wear those cute little uniforms." 

She plopped in a  sugar cube before pinching my cheek and smiling. I smiled in return.

"Now drink up."

I brought my the cup to my lips gently sipping on the hot black tea. Through the steam of my drink, I could see Mr. Kim's face was slightly concerned.

"I'm surprised he's decided to let you out. By all means, I'm glad, but concerened." 

I looked away with guilt, trying not to giveaway the truth. Mrs. Kim looked at him and back at me, with the same worried look he had. I put the cup down as she pulled out the seat and  sat down next to me. She grabbed my hand, and looked me in my eyes.

"Nia. You already know this but... the kids at school. People. They will look at you differently. And worse comes to worse, treat you differently. No matter what happens, do not  let it get to you. Don't let them get to you or break you down. Do you understand?"

I nodded.

"Good. Now!", she reached down to the bottom of the cart and attempted to pick up an office box which was apperently heavy, due to all the gruntng escaping her lips.

I quickly helped her, picking it up and placing it on the table. 

"What a sweet girl. More helpful than my old husband."

We giggled while he responded with a roll of the eyes. 

"In here is your uniform and your backpack which will has your schedule, textbooks, locker information, writing utensils"

Mr. Kim picked up a metal food tray, placing it in front of me. 

"And for breakfast, Kimchi stew."

"You didn't have to make me breakfast."

"That's nonsense! It's your first day of school! Now, eat up~", Mrs. Kim said as she pinched my cheeks.

I clasped onto the tip of the cover, removing it. The aroma quicky escaped with a mass of savory steam. I closed my eyes in delight taking a deep waff. 

"Thank you.", I whispered happily as I bowed.

 

uniform

As soon as I escorted them out, I jumped straight into the shower, chugged my food down, got dressed, and quickly read over the student handbook. Man, I was so nervous. I've been taking online classes ever since. I'm currently in my 3rd year. I was suppoused to be in my 2nd but I've had enough time to excel in my academics, since there are no distractions here. Since the school year has just started recently, I decided that it was time to experince the real school life. It was hard to find a school that would except me. I tried to enroll in every single school. Magnet, Private, Public, Science. In an instant, it was a no. Most schools were kind about informing me about my rejection. But some schools had the audacity to tell me that they can not accept students who are "distracting". Except for one school. Korean (Seoul) Performing Arts High School or to everyone else on earth, the Idol School. By all means, I do not want to be a performer like my parents, I just wanted to go to school. I just got really lucky. They heard about my history of school rejections through the academic grapevine and sought me out. I auditioned like everyone else, except online. Within a few weeks, I got excepted.  But I'm really scared. I'm the first to attend the school that isn't the same.

I took a deep breath as I stood infront of my door, gripping on the door handle. Shaking my shoulders, I opened the door, and head down the hallway, to the elevator. I pressed the button. The minute long wait felt so long, as i tapped away at the intricately embrodiered carpet beneath my feet. 

Ding.

My eyes widdened as the door open, for I was caught off guard, by its arrival. I quickly hopped in, and pressed the "L" button. I close my eyes waiting for my arrival to the lobby. 

Ding. Lobby Floor.

 I opened my eyes, as light slowly cracked through the mirror like box, exposing me to the elegant lobby. I nervously make my way down the hall, avoiding eye contact with staff, quickly making it out the spinning doors.

The cool breeze wiped my face. Seoul looks more beautiful from ground level than from up in the sky. As I began to walk to school, people that passed me would look at me funny, or say hello and smile. After 15 minutes of walking, finally, there I was. I stood in front of the school. I heard people having conversations inside. I slowly walked towards the door, pull it open, and walked in.

The hallways were filled with students in walking around, and talking. It was so lively. Until they noticed my presence. The energetic bustling, slowly came to a mumbling stop.

"Does anyone know where the front office is ?", I asked in a low whisper.

A girl with long brown hair, and ruby red lips, from a huge group of others stepped out, walked over to me like a sleek cat, stopping in front of me. She eyed me up and down with a confused, yet cocky look, then pointed to the right.

"Thanks.", I said.

I turned and walked down the end of the hall.

Wait! Was that Hyuna! Nah..Yes it was!

 Once I began to walk I could feel people staring me down, and hear them whisper. I quietly walked into the front office. I looked around to see a gang of guys. They looked familiar. Probably some famous idols too. I walked up to the secretary's desk. No one was there. I looked to the left to see a bell. I tapped it lightly. All of the sudden, a woman popped up.

"Yes?!", She yelled happily.

Before I could even get a word in, she cut me off.

"You must be Ms. Lee? Wait just one second."

She picked up a telephone and pressed a button.

Kim Yoo Jung. Please report to the front office. Kim Yoo Jung.

Once she said that I tightened the strings on my jacket covering my face.

"Ya. Look at thumper.", I heard a voice say. The group of boys began to laugh. I looked down to see my feet tapping away like happy feet. I immediately brought it to a stop. All of a sudden a man walked out with a stick and smacked it down on the table in front of them. They all got silent. The man walked back in. Looking down with embarrasment, I let out a small cry of discomfort as I slowly pulled on the strings of my jacket, leaving a small gap of light and air.

Tap. Tap. 

I felt a finger touch my shoulder. I turned around, to see a familiar looking girl through my personal peephole

boyoo pics on Twitter:

I unloosened my hood. Now a remember where she was from. I've seen her on a few dramas.

"Hell-el...hello.", I mumbled as I did a little bow.

Instead of bowing back, she gave me a tight hug.

"Welcome To KPA!",she squealed in my ear. She let go. "Hello. I'm Kim Yoo Jung. I'll be your school guide. And most importantly, your new friend!", she said.

I softly blushed from shock and the recent lack of oxygen.

"I know who you are."

"And you are?"

"Ni-ah... But you can call me Nia."

"Well, It's nice to meet you."

She chuckled and held her hand out.

I shyly pulled my hand out and shook hers, as a wore a slightly overwhelmed yet gleeful smile. She looked at my glove.

"Oh! You're gloves are really cute."

I was surprised at her comment.

"T-Thanks.", I responded.

"Well let's look at your locker info, and schedule so I can help." I pulled out my schedule and information sheet.

Home Room (Room 5-11)

Math (Room 2-9)

Life Science (Room 3-14)

Intro to Culinary Cooking (Room 1-20)

Lunch

Music Comp./Analysis III (Room 5-17)

Physical Education (GYMNASIUM)

Study Hall (Library)

Prestige (5-1)

She came over on my side and looked at it.

"No way..", she whispered happily.

"What?", I asked.

"I've got myself a locker neighbor~. Let's go!" She linked arms with me and dragged me out.

We walked together, everyone tried to talk to Yoo Jung about me, while I was walking RIGHT NEXT TO HER. All she did was ignore them. Suddenly we made a right turn down,  there was a skywalk escalator. As soon as we got on, I could see my home as we slowly ascended. Once we got to the top, I saw two large Gold doors standing in front of us. Suddenly A scanner came up in front of us. Yoo Jung placed her hand on it.

Welcome back Ms. Kim Yoo Jung.

"Wow. I think I've only seen these in the movies.", I whispered in shock.

"Your turn.", she said scooting me up.

"W-What do you mean?"

She chuckled.

"The only way you have access is to get in and out. Now pick a hand and get to it.", she said poking me in my stomach, making me giggle.

Then I snapped back to it. I had to do this, and I knew there was only one way I could get in. I turned to Yoo Jung.

"You don't mind looking away while I do this?", I asked holding my hands together tightly.

She covered her eyes and turned around. I took off my left glove revealing a single deep blue vein running from my wrist and up to my palm branching out, resembling a tree.

 

How to Draw a Tree Step by Step Tutorial - EasyDrawingTips

It scanned. A three- tone doorbell sound went off. As soon as she heard that sound, she turned around. I quickly put my glove on.

Welcome Ms. Lee Ni-Ah to KPAHS's Level 3 Lunchroom, Library, and Lounge Room.

Turning to her I asked, "Aren't there 5 floors?"

"We're Level 3 students. Upperclassmen."

I nodded with my mouth making an O. The doors opened slowly. We both walked in at the same time. It looked like simiar to the hotel lobby, But more regal and gold. There were even marble floors. I almost forgot. A piano player, whom i believe to be a student.

There were people walking around, talking. They all were spread out. The piano player looked at me then back at his music sheets. Then he looked back at me once again, after he realized I was different. He stopped playing. Everyone slowly stopped talking, and looked at me. All of the sudden, Yoo Jung linked arms with me, walked through the people, and down a hallway. In front of us stood a door that read "Locker Room". 

"Locker Room?", I asked.

"Oh, you must be thinking of the P.E. Locker rooms. This is where all of the Level 3 students' lockers are.", she said as she turned the door noob, and open the door.

Inside Sat Red, Purple, and White lockers, on the other side sat two grand doors.

"WOW. Everything here seems like something out of a drama.", I said.

SMACK!

There was loud smack sound coming from behind the door. I slowly started to walk towards the source. But Yoo Jung pulled me back to where she was.

"YOU MONSTER! YOU PIG! TO THINK I ACTUALLY LIKED YOU?!"

It came from the doors.

"You don't get it."

"He never even liked you."

"He just wanted to get in those bubble pop pants of yours.", one voice said after another.

All of a sudden a girl walked out with her head hanging low. Slamming the door, that I believed to be very heavy. As she was walking, she bumped into me.

"Sorry.", I said as I bowed.

She lifted her head and scolded me. It was Hyuna. I got shocked. I can't believe she was right in front of me again, I stuttereted trying to spit something out, not knowing what. Unable to do so, I quickly bowed a couple of times. She flashed an annoyed look and stomped off.

"Everything around here is a drama.", Yoo Jung said.