Wedding Dresses

And The City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Krystal's POV

 

Today I'm going to my office, Vogue.


When I got out from the lift I heard someone scream, "Krystal congratulations!" And it seemed that everywhere I went, people had seen Page Six. Even people you didn't expect, like my Vogue editor, Bom.

I was going to her office today and suddenly she said to me "We're putting together our annual age issue and we'd like you to do thirty-something."

"Great. Who am I interviewing?" I asked her.

 

"No. You, you are 35. I want you to be featured in the magazine as the 35-year-old. And here's the brilliant twist: bride." Bom said with a wink.

 

"Wait, I'm... I would be in the magazine?" I asked her in disbelief. I can't believe it, I'm gonna appear in Vogue!!!

 

"In bridal couture. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity Krys. So spare me a week of faux soul-searching and just say yes."

 

"Bommie, I am so very flattered, but honestly, I..." actually I'm not sure about this opportunity because it's Vogue for God's sake...

 

"Krystal, Vogue designers. Vogue photographers. Vogue airbrushing. Nod your head. Say Yes." Bom keep reassuring me.

 

I can't say No, I nod my head, and say "Yes."

 

"Thank you. It will be a sensation. We're calling it 'The Last Single Girl.'" Bom said happily.

 

"Well, I'm hardly the last single girl."

 

"No, but 35 is the last age a woman can be photographed in a wedding gown without the unintended Diane Arbus subtext." Bom said with a chuckle.

 

"I thought the issue was 'Great Style at Every Age.'"

 

"Style, yes. Bride, no."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter