Chapter 1

Inner Self

The stream of sun rays filtered through the curtain showering the room in its brilliance. Tao stretched his arms and lazed in bed. He could relax for a few more hours before his caretaker, Yoona, would bring him down for breakfast. Tao knew today was his 18th birthday and the orphanage will most likely be preparing a party for him. All the staffs treat the orphans like they were no difference from kids with parents. And all of them are kind and friendly. 

All Tao needed for his birthday present is Kris's heart. Tao has a huge crush on Kris ever since he was brought to the orphanage. But the only problem is that Kris is super cold to Tao. Kris shaved his hair real short and he had a killer look which could kill anybody who dares to disturb him, especially when he is angry. The only one who could pull out his warm side is his caretaker, Jessica. Tao envies Jessica alot. She is the only one who could get the warm side of Kris and that makes Tao jealous.

Tao sighed as he looked at the snow-white ceiling. How is he ever gonna have Kris's heart if he dare not talk to him. When Tao first entered the orphanage, he got an invatation to the most popular group, EXO. It was where he could showcase his talents and have supports from them.

The group includes Junmyeon a.k.a Suho, the leader, Vocal. D.O Kyungsoo a.ka. D.O, the lead vocal. Jongin a.k.a Kai, the lead dancer. Baekhyun, Lead Vocal. Chanyeol, Vocal and Rap  Sehun, dancer and vocal  Yifan a.k.a Kris, Rap and vocal. Minseok a.k.a Xiumin, vocal. Luhan, Lead vocal. Yixing a.k.a Lay, vocal.  Jongdae a.k.a Chen, lead vocal.  Last but not least, Zitao a.k.a Tao, vocal and rap.

Nearly everyone in the group was a couple with someone excluding Kris and him. Tao looked at the time and realised that it had flown quickly while he was daydreaming. A soft knock could be heard as it echoed in the quiet room. "Come in.." Tao mumbled loudly enough for the person to hear. He jumped out of bed and took out his favourite necklace. He wore it around his neck in pride. Tao knew that Yoona was not a fan of makeups and hardly wore any makeup. But he saw that Yoona was acting all sassy and sashayed into Tao's room. She wore heavy makeup and excessive accesories. Tao let out a gasp. Yoona looked so scary that it could make any kid cry.

"N-Noona, w-what happened to you?!" Tao asked as he grabbed onto her hand, her warmth was replaced with coldness and he sweet voice was replaced by a nasal- pitched voice. "What do you mean? Are you alright Tao?" Her sincerity was replaced by coldness. Tao could not help himself but run down the heap of steps, leaving a poor and confused Yoona behind.

Tao looked at everyone and noticed that all of them were wearing different 'costumes', all his friends turned to face him, as if he was a harmful bacteria standing out. Tao staggered in fear. His body was trembeling, his lips were quivering and his legs was as if rooted to the ground. He ran to find his closest friend, Sehun. Tao saw that Sehun had 'changed' too. His always smiling face was replaced by a sad face and tears was streaming down his face, and Tao saw that Sehun was clutching his chest closest to the left. He was as if clutching his heart in pain and Tao wished that he could just open his eyes and stop his 'dreams'.

Tao pinched himself and to find out that this was reality and it wasn't a dream. He ran off in Kris direction. He just had to. Tao saw Kris's back and hugged him tightly. Kris stopped dead in his tracks, he could feel a familiar presence. Kris turned around and saw Tao crying. He could not help but soften up at the sight of Tao. "What happened? Why are you crying?" Kris asked. Tao did not want to look up, but he could feel the warmth and kindness in his voice. 

Tao reluctantly lifted his head. He gasped. It was a magnificent sight indeed. Kris hair was blonde and it was not a short as his shaved hair. And wings, angel wings, was spread out in pride but the only thing is, his wings were wounded and there were tiny holes, preventing Kris to fly. Tao's tears had 'magically' stopped as he stared in awe. Tao felt his eyelids getting heavier and before he knew it, he collasped on the ground.

(Kris's POV)

"Tao? Tao? Huang Zitao?" I called out in fear as I carried the unconsious boy on the floor in a bridal style. "Hey, hang in there, I'll call help." I whispered. I  ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I saw his caretaker and called out to her. "Oh my! What happened to him? He ran off when I was about to bring him down for breakfast." Yoona paused as she caressed Tao's face. "Just lay him down on the bed, I'll call the psychiatrist to help." "But noona, I don't think there is anything wrong with him, he just needs rest perhaps?" I told her. Yoona shook her head and said "I'd better get him som help, and for the time- being, please take care of him." I nodded in defeat.

I laid Tao on the bed gently, before covering him with the blanket. I pulled a chair near his bed side. I gazed at Tao as I saw his troubled expression, it made me cringe at that. He was so beautiful. I carefully brushed his hair from his eyes. He looked so like a panda because of his cute bags. I suddenly felt  someone tugging at the hem of my shirt. "Gege, what happened to your wings?" I saw that Tao eyes were closed. My heart clenched like a fist when he called me 'Gege' "What wings?" I asked, knowing that he is sleep talking, but it wouldn't bring any harm? Would it?

"Your angel wings, gege! I'll fix them for you could bring me to your home in heaven, I would like to go there with you gege!" Tao giggled, which I found so addictively cute. I noticed that his lips were chapped and his usual cherry red colour was slightly fading.

I quickly leaned in and pecked his lips. Tao stirred awake and stifled a yawn. "Kris, w-what happened?"

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Is this a cliff hanger? Idkz >w

Please comment below on your wonderful thoughts! And some suggestions 4 da nxt chapter? Please Subscribe, Comment and Upvote for faster update! See you soon! Annyeong!

~Lynn ^w^