Episode 8: What a Wonderful Home! (Part 1)

We Got Married: ChangYoon Edition [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ MC#1: Good evening, everyone!
Welcome to We Got Married!

(applause)

MC#2: Let’s welcome our guests—
Super Junior’s Kyuhyun and So Nyeo Shi Dae’s Sooyoung!

Kyuhyun & Sooyoung: Hello, everyone. It’s nice to see you.

MC#1: Sooyoung, this is your second time as a guest…
How do you feel now that you’re watching another one
of your members going through marriage?

Sooyoung: I feel a little envious.
I suddenly want to get married.

Kyuhyun: (nudges her) Then should we?

(MCs and staff laughs)

Sooyoung: (rolls eyes) Ah, we’re here to watch our friends.
(pushes Kyuhyun aside) Be quiet over there, Kyuhyun-shii.

Kyuhyun: (laughs) Everyone, I think Sooyoung likes me.

Sooyoung: (ignores Kyuhyun) As I was saying…
I’ve known Yoona for a long time and I know how she’s always wanted to be a good wife.
Hopefully in WGM she’ll be able to show that to the public.

Kyuhyun: Should I say something about the husband? Ok.
As for Changmin… ah, I’m not so sure.

MC#1: What do you mean?

Kyuhyun: I’ve never heard him talk about marriage; but I do know he’ll do his best regardless.
(pauses then grins) Honestly, I’m just here to laugh at my friend.

Sooyoung: Aigoo. Let’s just watch, please? ]

* * * *

(Screen opens with the ChangYoon couple sitting inside a café, drinking coffee opposite each other and staring at their white envelope/mission card in between them.)

“I’ve never been so afraid of a piece of paper in my entire life.” Changmin mused, raising his eyebrow at the envelope in front of him. Yoona nodded her head solemnly, sipping from her cup with a deliberate slowness.

Her ‘husband’ was already halfway through with his coffee and staring intently at the white rectangle when she finally got back from changing out of her drama clothes and joined him inside the café. She felt a little more at ease now in her own clothes and sitting across from him, her hands on the table and inches from his. “Let’s open it now?” she asked, picking up the envelope.

Changmin nodded easily and she picked at the envelope’s folds. Pulling out the cutely designed yellow mission card, Yoona leaned in to reveal the card’s content to him. For a moment they fell silent, and then their eyes went wide in surprise.

“Please tell me I read it wrong.”

Yoona turned the card over one side and then back, shaking her head as she raised her eyes to meet Changmin’s. He slouched against his seat in disbelief as the words on the card sank into his thoughts. “No, I think we both read it the same way…” Yoona said, biting her lip in apprehension. Raising her elbows onto the table, she tucked her chin on one palm and sighed. “… What do you think?”

Changmin shrugged, picking up the card again. He read the mission inscribed there in a calm voice, “It must be hard to be part of a couple that is always busy. A long-distance couple like yours should have a house to come home to. Go to the following address and continue your days as a WGM couple there.”

 

Yoona: (clapping her hands in excitement) WGM has found us a house! Oh my goodness! Honestly I was excited for this part of the whole show!

Changmin: (blinking, a grimace forming on his face) I seriously didn’t think it would come to this so early. Is this really happening?

 

 [ (Kyuhyun is laughing hysterically on the WGM studio couch.)

MC#1: Oh dear, it seems like Kyuhyun’s gone mad.

Sooyoung: (slaps him on the shoulder) Will you stop laughing?!

Kyuhyun: (in between laughs) I can’t help it! I mean, come on, look at Changmin’s face!
(points at the screen where Changmin is speaking solo)
Could you just imagine it? Both of the most private people in our company living
under one roof as husband and wife for an indefinite time? It’s hilarious! ]

 

“Why don’t we check it out?” Changmin suddenly suggested, tapping the card onto Yoona’s arm. She turned to face him in surprise, her eyebrow rising up a notch at his words. Folding her arms on the table, she leaned over and crinkled her nose.

“Really?”

“Yeah,” He nodded, a little confused with her blatant surprise. “Aren’t you curious to see what the place looks like?”

Yoona nodded as well, a smile forming on her lips as she started to imagine their ‘home’ for the show. She couldn’t deny that she was curious, and that in some way, she’d been hoping for this type of filming to occur much sooner. It was just like the card said after all: with their schedules filled up the way they were, a common place to meet would be easier for each party to get together.

Besides… marriage is about building a home together, right?

“Would it be okay to go now? It’s a little late, don’t you think?”

Changmin shrugged. “I don’t think they would have given us the card at this time if it weren’t okay.”

“That’s true,” Yoona agreed, standing up slowly as they started to gather their things. While they started towards the café’s door, she wondered out loud with a dreamy expression on her face, “I wonder what the staff got us. I’m hoping it’s somewhere near food places…”

Changmin let out a short laugh at her preoccupied state and nodded his head in agreement. Food being their biggest and most common interest was something he was quite thankful for, and he hoped more than anything else for the same. A place within walking distance to a food market wouldn’t be too bad; they would probably spend a lot of time there anyway – picking out ingredients for their meals once they were settled in.

“Would you eat the food I make if we’re ever near a market?” Yoona said, guiding him out of his thoughts. She pursed her lips thoughtfully as they walked side by side and towards the waiting van in front of them. Her signature smile was evident on her lips when she turned to face him before entering the vehicle, her eyes shining so brightly for someone who’d just finished filming for 7 hours straight.

Changmin couldn’t help the smile edging onto his lips as well while he waited for her to finish her thoughts. He’d expected it from her actually, to be full of life even at an ungodly hour – and he was grateful for her infectious energy. It made the atmosphere a whole lot easier.

“I have this little fantasy of cooking for two and having the other person say that it’s delicious…” she trailed off, blushing just a little at her confession. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter