Episode 11: My Wife is an Actress

We Got Married: ChangYoon Edition [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You don’t have to watch it!”

A shuffle can heard from around the living room as Yoona stood, reaching for the laptop her husband held in his hands. She stepped forward, grabbing and missing all together as Changmin sidestepped easily, concentrating on clicking away on his keyboard. Yoona huffed as he effortlessly stepped away from her once more and went to take a seat on the plush couch in the middle of the room.

She crossed her arms across her chest, following his lead and taking the seat next to him. “Oppa, you don’t have to watch it. Really! It’s okay to miss one episode and continue from there later.” She said loudly, biting her lip as she watched him from her peripheral vision.

 

[ MC#2: I think I would be nervous too if my husband were to watch
me kiss another man… even if it were for a drama!

MC#1: Lucky for you that you’re not married, huh?

MC#2: Aish! (moves to punch MC#1) Of course it’s lucky!) ]

 

* * * *

You were unsually very serious while watching the episode. What was going through your mind?

Changmin: Honestly... I'm not sure. (laughs) It was a little uncomfortable watching Yoona kiss a guy in a drama and... okay, granted it was Jang Geunsuk but I've known her since she was 13 so it's rather weird to see her respond to a (pause) lively kiss like that.

Is it really that strange?

Changmin: It really shouldn't be but (shrugs, cringing a little) somehow I felt a little worried about it. Watching it gave me an uneasy feeling. Something similar to when you see your favorite food being taken away from you and given to someone else. (laughs) Yes, something like that. I didn't like that feeling... but in my head, I just kept repeating "My wife is an actress" over and over. It helped a little... I dunno.

 

What did you think of Changmin's reaction?

Yoona: I was so nervous! (laughs) I'm not even sure why! I just was! He was so silent too which is so unnerving!

How did you expect him to respond?

Yoona: I expected him to laugh out loud and tease me like Kyuhyun and Leeteuk from Super Junior did when they watched it together. But then again Changmin-oppa's always been a little sly. He might make fun of me in a different way.

Are you worried?

Yoona: (pause) I think I would be more worried if he didn't react at all! (laughs)

* * * *

 

Changmin had been suspiciously quiet during the first 30-minutes of the recent Love Rain episode, only mumbling questions at parts he was uncertain of. His gaze was transfixed on the screen now though as her TV counterpart, Hana, stood in front of Jang Geunseuk’s . It was a pivotal moment in the episode, and as much as it was important in the plot’s drama – Yoona wasn’t sure she liked the idea of her TV husband studying the moment so intensely.

Yoona watched Changmin closely as he took the scene in.  had pulled Hana in close, sealing her lips against his and into a kiss that illuminated the intensity of their love for each other. It made her extremely nervous as Changmin’s eyebrows quirked at a particular close-up, his lips still set straight in a line. He made no sound as he watched; he didn’t move either.

That fact alone made her all of the more anxious.

Once the ending credits started playing Changmin let out a soft sigh and put the laptop down on the table. He stretched his legs out in front of him to relieve his tired muscles, keeping his eyes locked on the recap video behind the credits rolling by. He even hummed the song playing, bobbing his head to and fro until it faded to black and the video file stopped before turning his head towards her and just—staring.

“What?” Yoona asked, feeling heat rise to her cheeks. For someone who made a living out of people constantly watching her every move, she didn’t feel quite as sure of herself under Changmin’s intense gaze. It made her feel extremely nervous. As though his approval would define her career and if he said anything otherwise, it would shatter her.

That last notion alone surprised her. She didn’t think Changmin’s thoughts on her mattered to her this much. He’s my senior. Of course his opinion matters! Yoona argued with herself, her brow crinkling as the aforementioned colleague kept his silent study of her at his end of the couch.

She struggled to keep her gaze leveled with his, a rosy blush coloring her cheeks as she shifted in her seat for the nth time in discomfort.

“You were pretty convincing. I’m impressed.” He said finally, an easy grin coming on to his lips. If Yoona didn’t know any better, she would have thought he was making fun of her. And a part of her did think so—only Changmin’s eyes seemed wholly sincere in his sentiment.

Sincere. Another word Yoona didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter