#8

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai gazed around the house in confusion. It was a Monday morning and he had to leave for school soon but Su Min was nowhere to be found. He tried calling her several times but the call was directed to her voicemail. 

Where could she have disappeared to so early on a school day?

It was already getting late so the man had no choice but to go ahead and leave without her. He was starting to get worried but there was nothing that he could do about it now.

" Did you see Su Min at the bus stop today? "

Luhan turned to Kai with a surprised face. " No. What happened? "

" She wasn't at home when I woke up. I have no idea where she is. "

" Why not ask her friend? That Ji Hyo girl might know right? " Kris suggested as Su Min's best friend walked past them to her locker.

 

" Yes? " Ji Hyo narrowed her eyes in a cold manner as Kai approached her. She didn't really liked him much so being friendly was definitely not an option.

" Do you know where Su Min went? "

" What, you don't know? " The scathing tone that Ji Hyo took implied to Kai that it should have been obvious where Su Min was.

" She doesn't really tell me much. " He frowned down at the rude girl. 

" It's the 28th of April, she should be at the grave. " Ji Hyo muttered as she continued in a much softer voice. " It's her grandmother's death anniversary. "

Kai looked at her in shock. Why hadn't Su Min mentioned this to him before? 

" Look. Since we're actually talking to each other now, let's make things clear. I don't really appreciate the way you treat Su Min. " Ji Hyo glared up at the tall man as she arranged her features into an intimidating expression.

Kai struggled to control his temper as he met her harsh eyes. " I know that me being with Kahee isn't a good thing but I did put in effort to treat her nicely alright? "

" Openly showing your affection for that y girlfriend of yours in front of Su Min is definitely a no-no. "

" There are no romantic strings attached to this marriage. Su Min knows that very well. "

" Still, I can tell you that it seeing your fiancee with some other girl. " Ji Hyo sighed as she turned away. " You're not a girl so you won't understand. I rest my case. "

Kai watched while Ji Hyo walked away from him as she entered her classroom alone. 

 

" Do you want to watch a movie after school? " Kahee bounced up to Kai as she tilted her head cutely to one side. 

" I'm sorry, today's not a good day. " Kai muttered apologetically to the girl. Kahee frowned in confusion as she met his eyes. 

" I'll take you out tomorrow instead, okay? "

She nodded as he gave her a small smile. Jongin had never rejected her offer to hang out ever, this would be the very first.

Kai wanted to get home as soon as possible. He had to see if Su Min was alright. After all, the memory of losing someone was sure to be a painful feeling. 

 

-

 

" I miss you. " Su Min muttered as she looked at her grandmother smiling sweetly on the photo of the tomb. She had been the closest to her paternal grandmother. Su Min could confidently say that her grandmother was the only family member that truly loved her. Every year on her death anniversary, Su Min would spend the whole day talking and telling stories in front of her grave. It reminded her of the many conversations that they had when she had been alive.

 

" I'll buy a huge castle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter