#6

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Do you need a ride to school today? " Kai glanced behind his shoulder to see Su Min frantically tugging on her rainbow colored socks. " It's really getting late. "

" Is that a benefit that I am entitled to for being friends with you? "

" Guess so. Take it or leave it. " The man's lips curved up in a hint of a smile.

" I must be an idiot to say no. " Su Min chuckled as she hoisted her bag up and followed him into the huge black car.

 

All eyes were on the couple as they alighted from Kai's ride. 

" Woah, they must be finally getting along. " Xiumin remarked as he caught sight of his friend.

Kahee rose her eyebrows in suspicion as she stared at her boyfriend approaching from a distance. He had always avoided his fiancee whenever he could. Why the change now? Looks like she had to up her game in case that Su Min girl harbored any ideas.

 

-

 

Su Min cleared in frustration as she tapped her feet according to the music beat. They had an upcoming review a few days from now and all the students were required to display their talent in front of the whole cohort for 3 minutes each. The song Su Min had chosen was a simple one entitled Rainbow by a famous mandopop singer Jay Chou. She had taken Chinese previously so the language was not a problem.

" How's it going? " Ji Hyo questioned as she sauntered into the empty music room. 

" Not that good, my voice keeps cracking. " Su Min sighed impatiently. She was determined to get a good score this time. Scratch that, she wanted a perfect score. 

" I'm no better. With Kahee and Kai in my segment, no matter what dance performance I put up will just pale pathetically in comparison. " Ji Hyo whined as she flung her arms around in defeat.

" Come on! Why give up when the game hasn't even started? " Su Min had confidence in her best friend. Ji Hyo was one of the best dancers among the students and she wasn't letting Ji Hyo give up on herself.

" Have you seen Kahee dance? She's just like a wave of iness. A y and stuck up wave. "

Su Min laughed out loud at Ji Hyo's analogy. It was true though, not many people liked Kahee. The majority of her friends only stuck with her for her fame and beauty. She didn't understand why Kai would fall for a girl like her when he himself was actually a nice person. These few days, Su Min had managed to get along well with Kai ever since they acknowledged each other as friends. Oh well, love is blind. the girl thought amusingly.

 

The day for the review finally arrived and it was already the vocals segment. Ji Hyo had done an amazing job with her cover of SISTAR's Give it to Me and Su Min made sure that she applauded the loudest she could. It was Su Min's turn next and she was practically trembling with nerves. This would be the very first time she had to perform in front of all 150 students in their level. Ji Hyo hurriedly squeezed backstage to give Su Min an encouraging hug.

" How are you doing? "

" If you call dizziness and nausea good, then I'm doing perfectly well. "

Ji Hyo frowned anxiously at Su Min's pale face. " Look. I know that you can do this so just quit being a worrywart and kick on stage all right? "

" You have no talents other then singing. Besides your voice, you're pretty much a useless poop. So just focus on your skills! " Ji Hyo continued as she shook Su Min violently by the shoulders.

" Was that supposed to be an encouragement? " 

" Duh. Come on, it's your turn. " Ji Hyo murmured as the applause for the girl before Su Min rang out.

Su Min gritted her teeth and took a deep breath before entering the stage door. 

" Yoon Su Min, 18. Vocals. " The voice sounded as the audience fell silent. 

 

The music started. When she sung, no one mattered in her world. It was only her and the music.

" Su Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! Yoon Su Minnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! "

The girl ended her song as she took note of Ji Hyo's shrieking. Claps sounded and she hastily made her way back stage.

" Did I do okay? " She turned to Ji Hyo who was flushed with pride. " Was I out of tune? "

" Did you do okay? You did great! " Ji Hyo flashed her a huge thumbs up and pulled her in for another hug.

 

" She's good. " Luhan murmured in Kai's ear as they watched Su Min leave the stage. 

" Yeah, she is. "

 

-

 

" You did really well. " Kai mentioned as he walked past Su Min to the refrigerator. 

" You were not bad yourself. " The girl nodded as she curled up on the sofa. It was a Friday night and she hadn't plan on sleeping early. On a side note, the extra bed that Kai ordered was already set in place in the study room and that was where Su Min decided to sleep. They finally had a bed each to themselves and it made everything less awkward since they were now friends. Being friends with Kai wasn't so bad after all, it was just like living in a dorm right now.

" Anything interesting on TV? " Kai asked as he cracked open a can of beer.

" The House is showing in about 3 minutes. " Su Min answered back as she dug into her third carton of raspberry ice cream. " It's a horror movie. "

" Sounds good. I'm in. " Kai looked at the screen in interest and quickly settled next to Su Min. He winced as he tried to squeeze between the huge stack of cushions that the girl had placed beside her.

" Why do you need so many cushions? There are like 10 here! "

" When a scary scene comes up, I can quickly hide my face behind them. "

Kai rolled his eyes at her childish logic and was just about to retort a comeback when the movie started. " Now hush! " Su Min ordered.

 

" Will you stop screaming? It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter