#41

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Of all the places you could have brought me to... " Su Min stuttered incomprehensibly under her breath while she shot a glare at the man beside her on the bus.

" Jing was the one who told me about this but fine, I'm not blaming anyone here. " Kai's lips tugged down in a slight grimace. " If anything, it's my fault for trusting that motherer. "

" Watch your language, he's my Oppa. " The girl warned as she turned away from him to look out of the misted glass. Su Min shifted slightly away from Kai as she leaned her body against the window frame of the vehicle.

Once again, the atmosphere between them had gone chilly and Kai didn't have a single ounce of appreciation for this situation. Truth be told, the man had wrecked his brains thinking about actions he could do to prove his love for Su Min once and for all. Nothing came to mind, unfortunately. Kai wasn't one who had romantic gestures which signified undying love up his sleeve. Hell, he had even considered offering her his life but it just seemed plain ridiculous to him.

" Tell me what must I do for you to forgive me. " The man finally muttered dejectedly as he turned to his side to face the girl. Su Min stiffened when she heard his words but she resolutely kept her eyes on the window. Was he an idiot? How could he even ask her things like that when he was supposed to figure them out himself?

" Su Min... "

Exasperated when there was still no reply, Kai lifted up two fingers to tilt the girl's chin towards him; ignoring her futile attempt to whip her face away.

" Stay mad at me all you want but don't ignore me. Don't. "

" Would you rather I hit you? " She lashed back instantly.

" Truthfully, yes. " The man admitted. " Look. I know that me being with Kahee so much in the hospital made you worried so if that's what you want, I'll stop. Luhan should be able to handle her just fine. "

" It's not that. It's... It's just the fact that you always seem to put her in front of me. " Su Min blew on her bangs in frustration. " Don't you see? I know that you're being worried about Kahee since you know, she is your ex-girlfriend after all. I understand. But I'm your girlfriend now. "

" And you'll be my last one too. " He promised. Kai clenched his jaw as his eyes blazed with a sincerity which even Su Min couldn't doubt. " From now on, I mean it when I say that you will be my priority. And if for some reason the jerk in me acts up again, feel free to slap me hard across the face. "

It never helped whenever Kai said stuff like that. Angry or not, Su Min just couldn't help but to give in. Was this why Ji Hyo had always said how loving someone was a fatal trap? She knew that Kai had the power to hurt her but yet, she found herself giving in time after time like a pathetic loser.

 

" Okay, you're forgiven. " Su Min held up a finger, interrupting the arrogant grin which crept up on the man's face. " But, I have some conditions. "

" And what are they? "

" Just some things that you have to follow. Once you don't, I will break up with you. "

" What? " Kai's plump lips parted in outright incredulity.

Su Min shrugged her shoulders uncaringly. " You have hurt me plenty of times already with your rash actions and words. It isn't fair if I were to forgive you completely, wouldn't it? "

" But this is just- "

Su Min tilted her head to one side while crossing her arms against her chest. " If you're not willing to comply with this arrangement, we can always separate from each other for a period of time to clear our minds before- "

" Fine. Fine. Give me the damn condition. " Kai growled in defeat.

The girl beamed in triumphant while she looked at him straight in the eye.  " Number 1; if you were to get upset at me without even listening to my explanation first, then it's game over. "

" Number 2; " Su Min smiled inwardly at Kai's obvious dissatisfaction as she continued. " You have to always pick up my call, or just call me back later on if you are really busy. But never ever ignore it. Number 3; don't flirt with other girls again. Don't think I was oblivious to your act with the nurse at the hospital. I heard all of them gossiping about how you managed to barge into my room even though visiting hours were over. "

" I had to do that in order to see you! " The man exclaimed while he eyed the girl in frustration.

" You shouldn't have made the nurse go against the hospital rules. What if allowing you in had gotten her into trouble? "

" Lastly, " Su Min went on when Kai remained stonily silent. " Repair your friendship with Luhan. "

" How is that in any way relevant to our relationship? "

" What he and Kahee did had been a mistake. I know how important he was to you so why can't you forgive and forget? "

The man refused to meet her clear eyes as he frowned down at the floor. " He's lucky that I am even talking to him now. "

" Jongin, I know that Luhan regretted his actions. Do not forget that he was the one who spilled out everything. Without that, you would still be in the dark and I wouldn't be here with you now. "

Su Min's soothing voice left him with no choice as Kai found himself wanted to agree to everything she wanted.  " I guess I deserve all of this, don't I? "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter