#40

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl heaved in disappointment as she stepped into the immaculate apartment. She had expected Kai to be home but there was no sign of the man.

" What was he saying about proving his love for me? " Su Min pouted inappreciably while quickly attaching her phone to the charger before heading to the bathroom for a quick shower.

 

-

 

Kai hesitated for a moment as he wondered about his next step. It was going to take some time for Su Min to fully hand her trust over to him this time round and he knew it well. However, the man wanted to do something special for the girl; even if it was just one time. When Kahee had been his girlfriend, he had hardly ever gave her any surprises. It wasn't in his character to do stuff like that. Su Min was probably the first girl Kai had ever fell so hard for and for her, he actually found himself wanting to.

The man frowned slightly while his thumb hovered unsurely over the unknown number registered in his cell phone.

 

" Hello? "

" Hey. "

" Hah. Are you actually calling me out of your own accord? "

" Stop with the sarcasm. I need your help. "

 

-

 

" So what brings this unexpected meet up? "

" You should know that Su Min is upset at me. " Kai answered gruffly.

" So you want my help in getting her to forgive you. "

" I don't have Ji Hyo's number so you are the only one I can seek help from. "

" What makes you think that I will help you? "

The man straightened his back as he looked at Jing straight in the eye. " Because I can tell that you care for her as much as I do. "

Jing's lips hardened briefly while he tried to remain composed in front of Kai. No one, not even Yun or Ji Hyo had ever suspected his feelings for Su Min and yet, here was Kai figuring out his mind like it had been an opened book.

The man let a sigh escape through his lips before giving a nonchalant nod. " I guess the cat's out of the bag now. Though I would appreciate it if you kept this to yourself. "

" I'm not that big of a busybody. "

" Good. Well, speak up. How do you want me to help you achieve that stubborn girl's forgiveness? "

" I don't know. You know her longer than I do, you tell me. "

" Hmm. " A crafty smirk crept up on Jing's suave face as his eyes narrowed.

" Well? I haven't got all day. "

" Bring her up to the Ferris wheel. Su Min loved it when she was a child. She always used to tell Yun and I that she wanted her future husband to propose to her in the air. "

" I guess I should do that. " Kai mumbled to himself.

" But that's nothing. You don't ask for trust, you earn it. " Jing's voice took a serious tone while he eyed Kai solemnly. " I may not be perfectly familiar with everything that happened between you and Su Min but I can tell that you're not treating her the best you can. "

" I know. " Kai muttered as his eyes dropped to the ground in self-reproach. " It's just that I've always been this way all my life. In some ways, Su Min has managed to change me for the better but I still mess things up all the ing time. "

" You have it tough though. The girl that we both love is a hard nut to crack. "

" Why are you helping me when you love her as much as I do and maybe even more? "

 

Jing's black eyes met Kai's dark ones as his playful expression slowly evaporated. " Because the one she wants is you. "

Both men remained in silence for a couple of minutes before Kai his dry lips. " Thanks for everything, I guess. "

" Remember, Ferris wheel. " A grin crept onto Jing's face.

 

-

 

Su Min frowned as she looked at the clock hanging on the wall. Was Kai really going to leave her all alone at home when he knew that she just got discharged? Maybe she shouldn't have chased him o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter