#38

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Kahee, please stop crying. " Luhan exhaled hopelessly while keeping his sight trained on the sobbing girl. She had been shedding tears quietly for the past half an hour and no matter how hard the man tried, the only word he got out from her had been " Su Min. "

Kahee had completely ignored his persuading words and Luhan finally admitted defeat. From Jongin's words over the phone, it seemed as though Su Min had paid Kahee a visit in the morning before he himself arrived at the hospital and Luhan couldn't help wondering about what happened. He knew that Su Min would certainly never say anything to hurt Kahee on purpose and he wasn't a fool. He could easily guess that Kahee might certainly be faking all her drama. The man thought about confronting Kahee about the whole situation but the girl was still crying and he didn't want to risk her being agitated. There was one thing that worried Luhan now though. Knowing Jongin's character, he might have put the blame on an innocent Su Min regarding Kahee's situation.

Luhan had practically grew up with Kai. He knew that man inside out and even though he might not agree with Kai's bloody temper, Luhan knew that that was just how he was. Kai was someone who would jump to conclusions easily without giving the matter at hand careful thought; something that Luhan behaved the completely opposite of. In addition, that man had an incredible talent of making his words seem harsher then he had meant. No doubt, Luhan was certain that he would make Su Min angry once again with his words.

 

-

 

" Hello Su Min? "

" Good Afternoon. Are you closely related to Yoon Su Min? "

The man frowned in suspicion as a lady's crisp and clear voice sounded over the phone.

" I knew her since young. May I know who is this and why you are calling from Su Min's phone? "

" Mr Jing-sshi, Yoon Su Min had been admitted to the National Seoul Hospital in the morning and we were unable to contact her mother. My staff scrolled through her phone and randomly picked your contact. Would you please come down now to settle her hospital registration? "

" I'm on my way. What happened to her? " Panic filled his voice and the man immediately threw a leather jacket over himself before rushing straight out of the door.

" She fainted out of stress and fatigue. Her blood glucose level is dangerously low but we managed to bring it back up to a healthy level already. Aside from that, the patient is fine. "

Thank ing heavens.

The man got on his motorcycle before speeding away to the hospital which fortunately, was located near his estate. Jing burst into the reception lobby as he impatiently scanned the area.

" May I help you sir? " A nurse clad in a pale pink uniform waved him over when she spotted the agitated guy.

" You guys called me just now. Regarding Yoon Su Min. "

" Just a minute sir. "

Jing arched his brows together anxiously while he waited for the lady to search through the system. Several nurses had paused their work to shoot shy glances at the tall and lean guy who had his body casually tilted against the counter. Jing's handsome features and multiple piercings had always garnered him positive attention from the opposite wherever he went but for once, the man couldn't be bothered to even flirt back or shoot them winks. Su Min was sick and that thought worried him to no end.

" She is based in Ward 118 at the moment. You can speak to the nurses there about any other concerns or you may come back to me. " The nurse finally replied as she self consciously tucked her hand behind her ears and flashed him a pearly white smile.

" Thanks. " Without sparing a second glance at the lady, he urgently turned away before heading straight to the lift. The first thing Jing did was to locate the nurse who called him and within seconds, he had Su Min's hospital registration completed. The man hurriedly sprinted towards her room before bursting the door open violently.

 

" Yoon Su Min! "

The girl he had always kept tucked in his heart was now lying on the hospital bed with an I.V connected to the vein in her right arm. Su Min hadn't even responded to his worried call. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter