#36

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Min left the bubble tea shop with eyes blurred with disappointing tears. Kai's tormented face when she had ignored him remained resolutely in her mind, sending shards of sorrow towards her own heart as well. Walking away from the man she loved wasn't easy at all but Su Min needed to do this. She knew that she wouldn't be able to stay mad at him for long but just for now, she wanted him to know how much his actions had impacted her. All her stuff had already been moved to Kai's apartment and she had also already returned the landlord granny her key. Going back to her flat wasn't an option in this case but Su Min really didn't feel like seeing the man's face. It was getting really late and all the girl wanted to do was to sleep. Sighing to herself, Su Min headed back to Kai's home with the hope that he hadn't returned yet.

Unknown to the girl, Kai had been trailing a distance behind her as he watched over her to make sure that she was alright. He knew that Su Min had no intentions of seeing him but he couldn't just leave her alone; especially not knowing the reason behind her previous call. The old Kai would have just confronted his girlfriend and demand an answer but he would never do that to Su Min. Her feelings were more important to him than his own. Su Min might not be able to read his heart completely but Kai truly did love her with all his heart. Being ignored in this manner by her bugged him to no end but the man knew that it was utterly his fault.

 

 

Kai's presence behind the girl might have gone unnoticed completely but as Su Min passed by a small bakery shop which had already closed for the night, she caught sight of his familiar reflection thrown in the silver reflection of the glass display window. Her first instinct had been to confront the man about it but Su Min decided to ignore and remain oblivious. Kai had obviously not noticed her discovery as he continued following in her footsteps.

Su Min could feel her anger slowly ebbing away with every street that she crossed. She had clearly spotted the intense distress in his eyes through that reflection and it did touch her heart in a certain way. As they were nearing his apartment, all previous feelings of resentment and hurt disappeared from Su Min as the girl turned around swiftly to face the direction where Kai had been.

The man's face twisted into a look of pure shock as Su Min came hurtling herself at him. Kai stood rooted to the spot as she sobbed on his shoulder. How had she even realized that he was right behind her? Why wasn't she angry at him anymore? In that split second, Kai's mind swarmed with unanswered questions until Su Min's tears soaked through his shirt. She was crying. All thoughts were wiped away in a flash and replaced with anxiety while he looked down at the girl in his arms.

" Why are you crying? "

Su Min simply let her tears flow without giving an answer. Instead, she brought her head up to meet his gaze. The man knew that she didn't want to talk about that right now. He could understand everything in her eyes.

" Are you still mad at me? "

Again, the girl kept silent. Instead, she gave a slight shake of her head to his extreme surprise.

" Alright, it doesn't matter. Just cry all you want okay? We'll talk about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter