#34

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Have you ever thought about visiting your mother to clarify things? " Jing hesitantly questioned as they chewed on the pearls in their bubble tea.

" I have thought about going back home but... "

" But? "

Su Min her lips before shaking her head. " But I don't like confrontations. "

" You can't possibly cut off all contact with your mother and brother. " Yun muttered in a comforting tone as both he and Jing exchanged worried glances. They were not exactly happy about how Su Min's situation was turning out and it was obvious that the girl wasn't completely okay with this either.

" I'll give it some thought first. " The girl slurped up her strawberry milkshake noisily while her brows furrowed with thought.

 

" Hi. "

 

All three looked up in surprise as a girl their age stood confidently by their table. Her gaze was fixed on Yun as she nervously adjusted her short skirt. " Do you want to exchange numbers with me? "

Su Min's eyes widened at the courage she possessed as both Jing and Yun tried to hide their smirks.

" Sorry but my girlfriend is right here. " Yun stated apologetically before throwing a protective arm around Su Min's shoulder. She scoffed mentally but remained silent as Yun flashed a smile at the girl. " Sorry again. "

" It's fine. " She blushed in embarrassment while quickly surveying Su Min from head to toe. Dissatisfied, the girl quickly left and rejoined her group of friends as every single one of them flashed jealous glares towards their table.

" That was annoying. " Su Min sighed as she squirmed under their watchful eyes." I haven't seen you guys for so long that I forgot how it feels to be stared at by hormonal teenage girls. " 

" Get use to it princess. " Jing grinned as they continued on their conversation. Su Min laughed along at all their silly jokes and soon, the girl's troubles were momentarily pushed to the back of her head.

 

-

 

Su Min's sleepy eyes were squinted as she tried to pay attention to the television program. It had been a fun day out with her Oppas but she could hardly stay awake right now even though it was only 7pm. The door bell sounded just before she was about to drift off on the sofa. Slowly making her way to the door, Su Min hastily patted her face to make herself look more awake. It was most likely the landlord granny who had some food for her again. 

" Hello- " Su Min stuttered mid sentence when the door swung opened, revealing the familiar man who had the ability to make her heart skip a beat. Kai smiled abashly as he leaned sideways against the door frame. " Missed me? "

" Nope, not at all. " She replied even though a wide beam appeared on her face.

" That's too bad then, " The man chuckled as he eyed her tenderly. " Because I missed you. "

Su Min's lips twisted into a smile while she leaned into his opened arms. " I missed you too. "

" I know. " Kai whispered before pulling away. " Sorry for neglecting you the past few days. "

" I understand. But how's Kahee doing? " Su Min asked curiously as she stepped aside to allow the man in the house.

" Better. But she's still being clingy. "

At that, the girl struggled to suppress a worry which rose slightly in her. Su Min felt much better knowing that Kahee was healthy but a weird feeling rose in her gut. Somehow, she felt as though Kai would return to Kahee's side during this period. This was strange behavior for her as Su Min was hardly ever jealous. 

" What's on your mind? " Kai's husky murmur snapped Su Min back to her senses as she looked up at him. " Nothing, I was just sleepy. "

" Well then, you better hurry up if you want to sleep early. "

" Huh? "

The man tilted his head teasingly at her as he rose an eyebrow. " Didn't I tell you to move back in with me? Pack your stuff now. "

" Right now? " Su Min gazed at him in complete disbelief. " You should at least give me some time. Anyway, I like staying here and I- "

" Don't make me repeat myself. " Kai warned as his eyes darkened. " I said clearly that I didn't like the idea of you staying alone. It worries me so just listen alright? "

" No. " The girl folded her arms stubbornly while she met his gaze without flinching. " How are you expecting me to pack everything now at the very last minute? "

" Fine. " Kai exhaled heavily. " Just pack the stuff you need for the night and we'll come back tomorrow after school to take the rest. "

Knowing that she wasn't going to win this argument, Su Min made a face before heading to her bedroom. Kai stifled a smile at her displeased attitude as his expression softened. 

 

" It's been quite a while. " Su Min muttered to herself fondly as they stepped into the warm apartment. It was a drastic difference to her run down flat. Not a single thing had changed ever since the day she moved out and the place still looked as elegant as ever.

" Welcome home. " Kai wrapped his arms around Su Min's waist from the back as he rested h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter