#33

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man watched as Su Min's eyes widened. First, horror flashed across her face before it was quickly replaced by guilt.

" What is he saying? " Kai hissed through his teeth when she continued to listen to Luhan over the phone. He growled impatiently when Su Min ignored him. " Su Min- "

" Kahee's in the hospital. " The girl finally muttered when she lowered the phone. Glancing up at the man with nervous eyes, Su Min went on in a monotone. " She attempted to commit suicide. "

Kai froze as he stared down in disbelief at the girl. 

" Kai? " She murmured anxiously when the man made no movement. His facial expression didn't change. Su Min watched in despair as Kai didn't respond. He had practically turned into a statue.

" D-did he say the reason why? " The man broke out after a few minutes of silence.

Su Min shook her head slowly. Luhan didn't even need to state the reason. Given the current situation, it was blatantly obvious why Kahee did what she did.

" We should go and visit her. " She murmured when Kai remained stoically silent.

" I'll go by myself. " The man answered while he took a deep breath. 

" But I'm worried about her as well and- "

" I said I'll go alone." Kai sighed, " I don't want you to worry about it. "

Su Min's shoulders sank as she watched the man leave after closing the door with a click. She could understand his behavior but the girl had been honestly worried about Kahee's condition.

 

-

 

The man paused outside the metal door as his eyebrows knitted together. Kai was at lost of what to expect anymore. The thought of Kahee possibly harming herself had never ever crossed his mind. She was pregnant for hell's sake, how could she do such a thing to herself and the baby?

" If you're just going to stand outside then what's the point of coming here? "

Kai gritted his teeth at the sound of Luhan's voice. " Coming here was a mistake in the first place. "

" The girl inside, " Luhan stated in a flat tone as he stared at the man he could once call his best friend, " tried to overdose on sleeping pills because of you. "

Silence filled the air while Kai's lips hardened into a grim line. Without another word, the man pushed opened the door as he stepped swiftly past Luhan.
 

" Kahee. "

" Jongin! " The girl's face lighted with unexplainable delight when she spotted her visitor. Kai noted with regret that she had plastic tubes stuck into her left arm. Her baby bump was much more pronounced considering the fact that she seemed so much skinnier than usual.

" How could you do such a thing to yourself? "

At the cold tone of his voice, Kahee flinched noticeably. " I...I-"

" You have a baby growing in you, how can you be so irresponsible? "

" You didn't want me anymore Jongin, I don't know how to accept that fact. " Kahee's hushed whisper jolted the man as he impatiently ran a hand through his hair.

" Kahee, you can't force love. I really appreciate all the time we had together but that was the past. Don't you get it? "

" Kai. " Luhan interrupted wearily as he approached the two. " Can I talk to you outside? "

" Please. " He continued when Kai simply glared at him. The man waited for Kai's reaction patiently by the side while Kahee gazed up at the both of them with an unreadable expression on her face.

Turning to the girl, Kai looked down before muttering. " I'll come and visit you soon....take care of yourself. " With that, the man walked out while Luhan followed behind.

 

" The doctors said that Kahee could have possibly lost her baby if she hadn't been brought here on time. It was a blessing that the baby survived. They also found out that her emotional levels aren't exactly stable. The nurses warned me not to agitate her further so I would appreciate it if you would refrain from raising your voice at her. "

" So you're officially on her side now. " Kai remarked.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter