#27

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Min slowly lifted up her head as she stared directly into Kahee's scornful eyes with her own brown ones. " You have no right to assume such things about me. "

" Oh really? " Kahee snorted as she pulled a face. " Don't tell me that you are not working in a club because you know that you are. "

" So what if I am? I'm only a waitress, it's not as if I'm doing anything improper. " The girl hissed through her teeth while trying to control her own feelings. 

" So you are working in a club. " Luhan's dismayed voice made Su Min glance up at her audience nervously. Ji Hyo was regarding her with a mixture of frustration and confusion while Kai simply stood as still as a statue.

" Why? Su Min why? " Ji Hyo yelled in distress, breaking the rigid silence.

" I... I- "

" Because she needed money since she was staying alone, that's why. " Luhan uttered as Su Min glared up at him with betrayed eyes. The man simply met her gaze without flinching. " Be mad at me all you want but I'm not letting this continue. A club? I never thought that you would ever fall to such a level. "

His usually warm and friendly voice suddenly took a cold and criticizing turn. Su Min took a deep breath as she willed herself to remain strong.

" I don't understand why are all of you behaving as though I have done something shameful when clearly, I haven't. "

Ji Hyo opened to say something but the girl interrupted her as she continued. " I am just a waitress, as simple as that. All I did was to serve drinks and for your information, I have never allowed anyone to touch me. "

" So I take it that you're comfortable with getting eye- by all the sick and dirty men in there? " Kai's harsh accusation rang through the air startling Su Min as he had stayed completely silent so far. " Or maybe, you were even enjoying the attention that they were giving you? "

The girl could only stay rooted to the spot as Kai's disdainful words pierced through her. Of all people, Su Min had hoped that Kai would at least understand her situation since he was the one who knew her family background best besides Ji Hyo. It wasn't even as though she enjoyed working at the club. Su Min had given the whole issue careful thought before signing up for the job. It paid well and her boss was decent. This was the best way to deal with her financial problems if she didn't want to return home. Ever since the girl left, her parents had not bothered to contact her at all. It would be a blow to her pride if Su Min were to return and admit her mistake because she obviously wasn't in any wrong in the beginning. The only thing that would make everything better were her friends' support which clearly, she was not getting at all now. 

Su Min took a step back as she surveyed their expressions. " Fine, if that's what you guys think. Just leave me alone then, let me be the shameful and embarrassing who works at a club and enjoys getting touched by men. Just treat me with loathing and hatred; just like my parents. " The girl paused briefly before leaving the scene as fast as her legs could possibly allow her to while Kahee smiled winningly at her retreating figure.

" . " Luhan hissed under his breath as Kai glared broodingly at the wall. Ji Hyo kept her gaze on the cold concrete floor while biting her lower lip in conflict.

 

Su Min rushed into the empty dance studio as she hurriedly locked the door behind her. The girl was heaving while tears spilled over her red cheeks. How could they even think that she would enjoy getting touched or eyed by other men? Was this really the sort of girl they thought her to be? Even Ji Hyo; her best friend, her sister, she had looked at Su Min with the same judging face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter