#23

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai collapsed against the leather couch as he breathed out a gust of air. Kahee was already asleep in their bedroom upstairs but he had too much to think about.

 

" Would it make you feel better if I told you that you were always on my mind? "

 

The man couldn't believe that he had actually unintentionally allowed Su Min to know this. Kai was always in control of his emotions but Su Min just seemed to always screw that up for him. At this rate, his ice cold image in school would crumble in a second. His thoughts drifted back to what Su Min had said about her disliking him and Kahee together. To be honest, Kai's heartbeat increased slightly when she voiced her thoughts even though he remained composed. Her disappointed face when he had rejected her offer to visit her flat kept flashing in his eyes. Kai stifled a groan as he threw his head back on the backrest. She was really killing him.

 

Su Min tossed on her bed as she wondered about what Kai had said. Did he really meant that or was is just a casual remark? Either way, it made her nervous and eager at the same time to find out what he really implied. The girl jumped a little when her phone beeped. Su Min flipped over the pink cover of the device as her eyes widened at the screen.

 

To: Su Min

Are you asleep? If you're not, look out of the window. 

From: Kim Jongin

 

Su Min quickly hopped over to the glass window as she flung the curtains aside. True enough, Kai stood below as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. The minute their eyes met, he signaled for her to come down. The girl blinked in confusion as she remained rooted to the spot. Kai sighed impatiently as he waved to catch her attention. 

Come down now, he mouthed when Su Min still made no movement to leave her room. She snapped out of her daze when Kai shot her an angry glare. The man shoved his hands into his pockets as the wind blew. Seconds later, Su Min appeared from the stairs as she hurried towards him, still in shock.

" It's 2am! "

" I couldn't sleep. " He answered as she stared up in worry. 

" Did anything happen? Are you sick or something? "

' What, I have to be sick in order to visit you? "

Su Min exhaled in disbelief as she flung her hands around. " Did you not hear what I said? It's 2am in the morning for goodness sake! "

" So? You're awake as well. "

" I was actually falling asleep already for your information. " The girl retorted as Kai's eyes travelled up and down her body. It was then when Su Min remembered that she was in her pajamas. The man kept silent while he took in her thick hoodie, lollipop printed sweat pants and messy bun. She looked utterly endearing to him at that moment and Kai didn't want to look away.

" S-stop staring at me. "

He opened his mouth to retort when a snowflake landed on Su Min's nose making her gasp. " It's snowing! "

" It's cold. " The man retorted shortly as he shivered slightly in his sweater.

" Do you want to come up then? " The girl asked after hesitating briefly. Su Min looked down on the ground as she anticipated his answer.

No, Kahee is waiting for me. No, Kahee must be wondering where I am. No, I'm worried about Kahee.

" If you don't mind. " Kai replied simply, making Su Min snap her head up. 

" Can we go up now? It's really getting unbearably cold. " The man questioned in slight annoyance.

 

Kai took in the surroundings of Su Min's flat as she headed towards the small kitchen. It was small but undeniably cozy as well.

" Here. " The girl handed him a mug of steaming hot chocolate which he accepted. " Thanks. "

" Can you at least tell me why you're here? " Su Min asked as she sat down gingerly beside him on the tiny sofa.

I wanted to see you. " Like I said, I couldn't sleep. "

" And how am I going to solve your insomnia? " 

" I really missed your replies, Yoon Su Min. " Kai chuckled softly while Su Min stared at the man in surprise. " What are you- "

" I missed you and I give up. I give up trying to stay away from you. "

The girl froze as she studied his handsome face. His eyes were dark with sincerity and his plump lips were set in firm determination.

Kai gazed back as he watched S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter