#2

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Min glanced up at the impassive man beside her. The engagement had been a short and simple process, with both parties exchanging vows and promise rings. Both parents had insisted that the couple returned to their marital home after the ceremony was completed and despite Su Min's protests, they were now in the chauffeur driven car on the way there. The ride there was awkward as neither Kai nor Su Min uttered a word. The girl just fiddled nervously with the hem of her dress while the guy stared out sullenly at the scenery which whizzed by.

" Young master and miss, we're here. "

The chauffeur's gentle voice broke the both of them out of their reverie as they alighted from the huge Mercedes.

" This is beautiful. " Su Min gasped in wonder as they set foot in the elegantly furnished two story apartment. The theme was grey scaled with occasional touches of color. It was obvious that the Kims had spent a huge fortune designing this place. Kai scoffed at her ignorance as he ignored her remark, striding past her to sit down heavily. Inwardly, the girl sighed at his behavior. Looks like she was going to be spending her life with a man who wouldn't bother about her existence. Whatever, two can play at the game.

Turning her back on him, Su Min decided the explore her new home. Their belongings had already been arranged neatly in the house by the maids prior to this. The girl widened her eyes in shock as she scanned the whole of the second level. There was only one bedroom with one bed. 

" No way! " She cried out as she realized the intention. Their parents had actually wanted them to share a bed? This was getting ridiculous.

Stomping down the stairs, Su Min hurriedly made her way to Kai who had his eyes shut as he sat calmly on the leather couch.

" There's only one bed. What are we going to do about that? "

Kai opened his eyes in irritation. Why couldn't she just leave him alone? " So? "

" So? So?? You really want the both of us to share a bed? "

" You can always take the couch. It's pretty comfortable. " He shot her a dark look. " It's up to you since I have no problems with sharing a bed. The bed is huge anyway. "

With that, he headed up to the bedroom while Su Min followed him in disbelief. Kai loosened his tie as he ed the collar of his shirt causing Su Min to blush and look away. 

" Are you done? " She asked as he took a while to change. When silence followed her answer, Su Min opened her eyes to find him already snuggled under the warm white sheets. As much as the bed looked inviting, there was no way she would share a bed with him. Who knew what he might do to her. The girl shuddered at the thought. Complaining under her breath, she grabbed the extra pillow and left the room muttering about what a gentleman he was.

Kai smirked as he heard her curses all the way down the stairs. It wasn't as if he was going to do anything to her. She wasn't even his type to begin with. He liked girls with a good figure, girls like his Kahee. She was way too boring for his taste.

Su Min shivered as she tried to make herself comfortable on the hard couch. There was only one blanket in the house and Kai had it. She had too much pride to ask him for it even though she was sure he wouldn't have agreed in the first place. Sighing to herself, she texted Ji Hyo before falling into a deep sleep.

 

-

 

Sunlight streamed through the blinds as Kai sat up groggily. It was a Sunday which meant that he had one more day of relaxation before school kicked in.  Grabbing his phone, a smile appeared on his face as a text came in.

 

To: Kim Jongin

Hey Kai~ 

It's me <3 Wanna hang out today? Unless you would rather spend time with your 'wife'   =P

xoxo, your GIRLFRIEND Kahee 

 

To: Kahee

Good morning beautiful. Of course, I'll be there

p.s don't mention her, it affects my mood ):

 

 

Su Min sat at the breakfast table as she chewed on her slightly burnt toast. The electrical appliances in the kitchen was so advanced that she had trouble figuring the way they worked. At least, she had managed to make toast for the both of them without burning the house down. Her gaze landed on Kai who entered the kitchen in a navy pullover with khaki slacks. It was practically illegal to look this good, too bad his looks are wasted on his stupid personality.

" What are you staring at? " His sharp tone made Su Min flinch.

" Not at you, that's for sure. "

Kai rolled his eyes at her sass as he eyed the extra plate of toast on the table. " Is that mine? "

She nodded as she drank her orange juice. 

" I think I'll pass. By the way, I won't be home for dinner today. "

" Where are you going? " Su Min turned towards him with a curious expression.

" None of your concern. " He replied shortly as he left the kitchen. Su Min heard the click of the door as he locked it. Staring at the toast that she had prepared, the girl shrugged and proceeded to finish it herself. It tasted quite good with the tangerine jam.

Looking at the huge clock on the wall, Su Min decided that a day of shopping alone would be good. It wasn't of any use texting Ji Hyo on a Sunday. That girl always wasted her weekends in bed.

She changed into a stripped dress which wrapped around her petite frame perfectly and slipped into her faded converse sneakers. After putting on bb cream and giving her lashes a slight swipe of mascara, the girl grabbed her purse and left in a good mood. Shopping had never failed to cheer her up. That and bubbletea had always put her in an excellent mood.

" One strawberry milkshake with extra pearls please! " She beamed at the lady behind the counter. Grabbing her cup of goodness, Su Min sipped happily enjoying the icy sweetness as she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter