#19

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai hissed under his breath in frustration as he observed his friend exchanging a smile with Su Min. Ji Hyo was still in Taiwan for her collaboration and both Luhan and Su Min were becoming closer. Not that he was jealous or anything, but for some reason, it irked him to no end. Especially when Su Min was still unfriendly towards him. Ever since that day when they met in the Japanese eating house, Su Min had been treating him coldly and it pissed him off. Wasn't she the one who agreed to being friends even after the failed engagement? He couldn't understand her behavior.

" Jongin ah! " Kahee's high voice rang out beside him as he turned towards her. " Wanna catch a movie tonight? "

" Anything you say. " The man replied half heartedly with his eyes still on Luhan and Su Min.

" You said it! Then I want to have Italian food before we- " Kahee froze mid sentence as her eyes widened slightly in alarm. 

Kai glaced at the direction his girlfriend was staring at in curiosity only to see one of their schoolmates giving him a smirk. Kai didn't know his name, all he knew was that the guy pretty much kept to himself in school. He was sure that Kahee hadn't spoken to him before.

" Why is he staring at us? Does he know you? " 

" N-no. Not at all. " The girl stuttered as she quickly look away from the man's piercing gaze. " Let's go. "

Kahee pulled Kai away as she quickly rambled on about something random while Kai frowned in confusion.

 

" What are you doing after school today? "

" I have to work. " Su Min replied Luhan's question as she unloaded her books into the locker.

" I see. Good luck then, I have to go for extra lessons since I missed too many previously. " The man gave a loud sigh before adjusting his collar. " Be safe alright? "

" I will. Bye! "

 Su Min quickly left for work as she plugged in her earphones. With music blasting loud in her ears, she headed towards the nearby bus stop to catch the bus. 

 

-

 

" Oh? That's Su Min. Where's she going? " Kahee frowned in displeasure as she hooked her arm around Kai's. 

" Probably to work. " The man stated as he looked at the girl waiting for the bus. Su Min's long black hair was falling around her shoulders as she bobbed her head gently to the rhythm of the music. 

" Whatever. " Kahee made a face as she eyed the girl on the other side of the road. " I'm hungry! Let's eat and then watch a movie before heading home."

 

Kai exhaled, making a cloud of fog appear in the cold winter night. Kahee had complained of a runny nose once they reached home and he had left their apartment to get some medicine. The man slowly strolled along the empty street as his thoughts flashed uncontrollably to Su Min. What was she doing now? Has that girl ended work already? The man suddenly felt a rush of worry when he recalled about the incident she had gotten herself into when she got home late after work. Thankfully, Su Min was living with her family in a different estate now that should be much safer and populated compared to here. Kai looked up at he approached the neighborhood where their school was located. This was the nearest pharmacy that was still opened at this time and he had decided to walk here instead of taking a car. 

Kai's eyes narrowed as he spotted a man behaving suspiciously in front of him. The stranger was walking urgently with small steps as he kept his attention on something in front. Looking closer, Kai realized that he was following someone. A woman.

The man let out a gasp as he recognized the face of that lady. Su Min

What was she doing at this hour in this place? Her family didn't even live near here. Nothing was making sense right now but this wasn't the matter on hand. It was obvious that she was in danger. Kai quickly sped up his pace and followed the both of them. It was obvious that Su Min had no idea about her follower. He would not allow Su Min to be in danger again after the last time.

 

Su Min stretched out her arms lazily as she strolled towards her home. It was already late but the moon was shining so brightly that it made her relaxed. Her earphones were still plugged in and that blocked out all of the surrounding noises. Softly humming to her favorite song, Su Min continued walking home. As much as the music in her ears were loud, the girl didn't fail to notice a loud thud behind her. Whipping around in shock, she saw Kai holding a man up by his collar. 

" You , don't make me kill you right now. " Kai yelled as he threw the guy another punch.

Su Min stood rooted to the spot as the stranger's head lolled slightly to the side. It was obvious that Kai's punches were made to kill. The girl quickly regained her senses when the man let out a painful groan. She quickly rushed towards the tall man as she tugged on his arm.

" Kai! Are you crazy? Why are you beating up an innocent man? "

Kai rose his eyebrow as he turned to face an enraged and horrified Su Min. " Innocent? "

" And why are you even here when it's so late? " 

" If you realized, " Kai spat out through his teeth while tightening his grip on the man, " This innocent man here has a knife in his hand. "

Su Min's eyes traveled to his bloody arm and saw that Kai was right. " W-what do you mean? "

" You were too unobservant to notice that you were about to get robbed, weren't you? " Kai's sarcastic tone had a hint of anger in it as he looked straight into her eyes.

" I-I didn't- "

Kai ignored Su Min as he turned his attention back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter