#16

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai leaned back on the leather sofa as Su Min fidgeted beside him. A comedy program was showing on the screen but it seemed as though neither one of them were paying attention to it.

" About what you said this morning about keeping to the engagement.... " Su Min began slowly as Kai glanced at her from the corner of his eyes.

" Forget about what I said. It was a stupid remark. Let's just stick to our original plan. "

" W-what? "

Kai exhaled deeply as he met her eyes. " I'll tell my parents about Kahee. We'll see what they say. "

The man turned away from Su Min as he fixed his eyes on the screen. He could sense her bewilderment but this choice was the best for the both of them. Besides, it would be fairer to Kahee who was now pregnant with his flesh and blood as well.

Su Min blinked in hurt as Kai kept his eyes on the screen. Hadn't he said that breaking the engagement was a little too much? Why was he saying one thing before and another now?

" Fine. Whatever you say. "

She slowly got up and headed to her room. It was obvious that Kai wasn't in a good mood. Besides, Su Min didn't feel like facing him now. His words were always contradicting and hard to decipher. She was really sick of it.

 

Kai remained still as Su Min headed up the stairs. He kept silent as her footsteps echoed till it got faint. The guy hesitated for a moment before dialing in the number.

" Mum? I have something that I need to discuss with you and dad. "

 

-

 

" I'm so sorry my friend, but we don't have much of a choice given the circumstances now. My son is really a good for nothing. I sincerely hope that Su Min finds someone better soon. "

" I understand. Just do what you need to do, my husband and I will have a talk with our daughter. "

 

-

 

Su Min sighed as she read the long text from her father. He had not even bothered calling her. 

A knock sounded on the door as she looked up to see Kai. He gave her a long look before approaching her.

The guy sat down on the bed beside her as she shifted aside to make room for him. " My dad told me about the news already. That was fast. " 

" Yes. I'm guessing it didn't take much for my parents to make a decision since a grandchild had always been what they wanted. As much as my mother doesn't like Kahee, hearing about the baby changed everything pretty quickly." 

Su Min looked down at her lap as the two remained in awkward silence.

" We are still friends, aren't we? " Kai murmured as he stared into her eyes. Su Min bit her lower lip as she nodded once. " I guess. "

" I'll move out soon to make room for Kahee. " She continued while Kai frowned. " There's no hurry, take your time. There are still those paper work to be settled. Cancelling an engagement isn't an easy matter. "

" The sooner the better. " Su Min answered as she gestured towards the study room where her bed was. " Besides, I don't really have much stuff here. It shouldn't take long for me to pack everything. "

" You're going home to stay with your family right? "

" That's my home after all. "

" If your parents are giving you a hard time, you're welcome to come back here. I'm sure Kahee wouldn't mind having a guest in the house. "

Su Min faked a small smile at him as she scoffed inwardly. Sure, Kahee wouldn't mind.

" I"ll not bother you anymore. Have some rest, I bet school was tiring in the morning. " Kai muttered as he stood up to leave. 

" You too " the girl replied softly as he carefully shut the wooden door behind him.

She plopped down on the bed as soon as the door clicked. Everything ended so quickly that Su Min felt unbalanced. It seemed as if yesterday was the very first day she had met Kai. The past few months had been a blur. From quarreling with the guy till they decided to start a friendship. Su Min couldn't even identify the time when she had started liking him. The girl frowned as she shook her head. It was over now and there was no point in over thinking. She recalled the time when Yun oppa had advice her. 

" Anything that starts quickly has a quick ending too, remember that Su Min ah. "

He was right. The both of them had been rushed into a haphazard engagement because of their parents' eagerness. It had been a bizarre situation but somewhere along the lines, both Kai and Su Min had grown accustomed to each other's presence. 

" I should be happy. " Su Min reminded herself as she straightened her shoulders. " This engagement had been a mistake right from the start. Get over Kim Jongin and just be happy. " The girl crossed her legs as she sent a text to Ji Hyo, Jing and Yun. Su Min could already guess Ji Hyo's reaction. Sure enough, 20 seconds after the text was sent, Ji Hyo's name flashed on the screen. 

" EXPLAIN EVERYTHING YOU HAVE 1 MINUTE YOON SU MIN. "

 

-

 

It was a Saturday morning and Su Min puffed as she dragged her suitcase down. It was squashed with her belongings to the brim. The girl finally managed to heave it down the st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter