#15

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Come on Yoon Su Min you can do this. " The girl chanted softly to herself as she stared at the reflection in the mirror. Su Min reluctantly left the bathroom as she headed downstairs where Kai was waiting. It had become their daily morning routine to head to school together. She didn't really wanted to face him at this point of time but what choice did she have? The only thing Su Min could do now was to pretend that she never had the slightest bit of feelings for Kim Jongin. Kai gave her a tentative smile as she followed him into the black Mercedes.

 

" I will explain to my father later, about... you know. " Kai muttered as he turned his head sideways to look at Su Min. 

" Okay. "

Su Min paused for a moment before looking up at him. " So... you're going to marry Kahee? "

" Seems like it, if my parents approve. " Kai murmured as he met her warm brown eyes. " Kahee is already pregnant anyway. " He paused for a moment before frowning. " What about you? What will you do if we're able to break this engagement? "

The girl averted her eyes as she answered honestly. " My parents will probably marry me off to another guy. After all, the only thing that they really want if to get rid of me. "

Kai swallowed hard as he gazed at her face which fell slightly. Something deep inside him roared in protest. A vivid image formed in Kai's mind of Su Min with an unknown man. That was something he didn't want to see. " And you are okay with that? "

" What choice do I have? " Su Min sighed as she looked down. " Besides, you don't want me either. "

" I- "

" I was just joking. " She chuckled softly when Kai froze.

 

The man remained still as a stone as he turned away. Deep regret and bitterness was engulfing him right now at the thought of everything that Su Min had to go through. Growing up as an unloved child, getting forced into an engagement with a stranger, and even the way he himself treated her at the beginning. Kai realized how big of a jerk he was. While Su Min was all alone, he was cuddling with Kahee right in her face and giving her the cold shoulder. Initially, he had blamed her for the whole engagement since it was something that he didn't want. Kai had blamed her for disrupting his life. It was only right now that he remembered that her life was disrupted because of him as well. 

The man studied Su Min's side profile as she stared out of the window unsuspectingly. Her long black hair obscured her face slightly but the long eyelashes were still prominent as she blinked. Her cherry lips were slightly parted as she occasionally brought up her hand to brush away her dark hair. Their school uniform looked just right for her. Her skirt wasn't too long or too short. it was just nice. Sure, Kahee in her short skirt was an enjoyable view for Kai but right now, Su Min looked so attractive to him that he was surprised at himself.

 

" What if... what if I told you that I changed my mind? "

" About what? " Su Min turned back to him curiously.

" About breaking the engagement. "

 

The words were out right now, there was no way that he could take it back. Kai stared seriously at Su Min as shock covered her face. Yes, the words had been impulsive but they were sincere. In one spiraling moment, it seemed to hit him. He didn't want to let Su Min go. For what reason? He couldn't figure out either. All Kai knew was that he didn't want Su Min to be with another guy.

" What on earth are you talking about Kim Jongin?! "

Kim Jongin. it was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter