I'll Call It Sana

How Far Until Footprints Vanish - Undergoing Revision and Finalization

I'll Call It Sana

*

            As the day wore on, and Wooyoung, Ae Cha and Kaiden joined them, Chansung felt he needed a mental break. So many things weighed on his mind: revelations about his parents, about Min-Jun, Taecyeon, and his own life. He wanted to pause. Min-Jun and Yong-Sun both were very different following the talk. Min-Jun looked to be carrying much less, which was good. Yong-Sun too; well, he looked more like he had been released from a long, solitary confinement.

            “Uncle Kim makes the best cookies, Mr. Yong-Sun.” Ae Cha informed.

            “Oh? Do you like them a lot?”

            Ae Cha giggled, “of course I do.”

            Chansung watched her happily.

            “That was a silly question, huh?” Yong-Sun asked.

            “Just a little, but that’s okay.” She said as she continued playing with his hand. “Uncle Kim, you should make some.”

            “Uncle Kim is kind of tired though.”

            Kaiden frowned. “Why? Are you eating food?”

            Min-Jun laughed and opened his arms, “yes, Uncle Kim just wants to see Mr. Kim, that’s all.” Kaiden crawled up onto him and hugged him close.

            “Will we go soon?” Ae Cha asked. “I wanna see Uncle Kim smile.”

            “Soon, but we have to wait for the blizzard to pass first.”

            “Will there be a lot of snow?” Kaiden asked as he placed his hands on Min-Jun’s face.

            “Why didn’t you ever have more children?” Yong-Sun asked suddenly.

            Min-Jun grumbled.

            “He said, ‘mind your business, bird brain’.” Kaiden laughed.

            Min-Jun smacked his forehead, “that’s why.”

            Wooyoung laughed, “considering how I turned out maybe it’s good he didn’t.”

            Yong-Sun clucked his tongue, “you’re just fine. Taecyeon is the one who let you be wild.”

            “Am I wild?” Ae Cha asked.

            “No, sweetpea, you’re lovely.”

            Ae Cha turned to Chansung and gave him the biggest smile, “I’m sweetpea.”

            “Oh…” Wooyoung cooed. “Do you like being called sweetpea?”

            Ae Cha ran over to Wooyoung and hugged him tight, “I do, brother Wooyoung.”

            “But I thought you liked to be called Star?” Chansung asked.

            “Sweetpea sounds better.” She said and snuggled more into Wooyoung.

            “Mr. Yong-Sun has good nicknames, hey?” Wooyoung asked as he kissed her forehead.

            Kaiden grumbled and wobbled over to Wooyoung. “I want a kiss from brudder Wooyoung too.”

            Wooyoung scooped him up and did so. “You should give a kiss to big brother.”

            Kaiden squirmed down and jumped onto Chansung, kissing both his cheeks.

            “Two?”

            Kaiden nodded, “because you’re my big brother.”

            “I can make c-o-o-k-i-e-s.” Wooyoung offered.

            “I don’t know if we have everything you need. Shall we look?” Yong-Sun said as he stood up.

            Wooyoung went with him to the kitchen and both Ae Cha and Kaiden lay down with Min-Jun.

            “Why didn’t you have cubs?” Chansung asked fondly.

            Min-Jun looked so content with cubs. He sighed. “I wanted to, but without the rights bills and what I've needed to do the past couple decades, it just wasn't in the cards. I was blessed to have been able to have Wooyoung. He asked me all the time why he didn’t have brothers and sisters.” Min-Jun smoothed his hands up and down his sibling’s backs. “One time he said to me, ‘you don't need to worry. They'd be my little brothers and sisters, I would protect them.’ I seriously considered having kids around that time. Damn brat always gave me baby fever...”

            “We’re going shopping, anyone want to come?” Wooyoung asked.

            Ae Cha shot up first followed closely by Kaiden; they chorused together, “me!”

            “I’d like to stay here.” Chansung said, looking out the window. “It looks cold as heck out there.”

            “Same as when you were little.” Yong-Sun chuckled.

            Chansung’s ears and tail appeared. “Really?”

            “Oh yes,” Yong-Sun said as he began dressing Kaiden. “One memory I cherish was this one day we were going out to get some things. You opened the door, slammed it shut, turned to me and said, ‘not today, I’ll turn into a catsicle’.”

            Chansung blushed, “what?”

            Min-Jun was laughing on the couch, “Ah! I can just picture him. I bet it was adorable.”

            “Mm, he is very adorable.” Wooyoung hummed. "Please share more of these little Chansung memories."

            Now Chansung was just steaming, keeping his eyes on Wooyoung who finished dressing Ae Cha. Those wonderful silver eyes met his and Wooyoung winked at him. “Ugh, fine, I’ll come along.”

            “Well, I think I might call Taecyeon then.”

            “Go to my study.” Yong-Sun said.

            “Thank you!” Min-Jun got up and made his way down the hall.

            Chansung got ready and sat with his siblings at the door as they waited for Yong-Sun and Wooyoung. “Shopping with brother Wooyoung and Mr. Yong-Sun, are you excited?”

            Both nodded eagerly and gave him big smiles.

            “You have to be good, okay?”

            “We will.” They said in unison.

            “Mmhmm, I’m sure.” He taunted and pulled up their hoods. “Remember to stay close to us and tell us if you get tired.”

            “Ah!” Kaiden groaned and rubbed Chansung’s cheek, “we be okay.”

            Blinking, Chansung nodded, “okay.”

            Kaiden seemed satisfied and made his way to Yong-Sun.

            Wooyoung soon came and stood beside Chansung. Coming to stand at full height Chansung was tugged closer and Wooyoung nuzzled their noses together. “Mm, you’re so warm. You sure you want to come out into the cold, kit?”

            Chansung automatically shook his head, “I would never willingly do that.” He desired instead to completely envelop himself in Wooyoung’s body and scent.

            Wooyoung snickered. “I’ll warm you up later.” He whispered against his lips.

            Groaning softly, Chansung watched as Wooyoung moved away from him to scoop up Ae Cha, while proceeding to blow on her cheeks making her laugh.

            ”Come on, catsicle,” he beckoned, leaving Chansung a flustered mess. He knew that Wooyoung would adopt that nickname into his already extensive arsenal. It was absurdly endearing.

            “All ready to go?” Yong-Sun asked as he picked up Kaiden.

            “Ready!” Kaiden cheered.

            Moving the promise of heat and sensual things to the back of his mind, he followed them out the door. Hearing the laughter of his siblings as Yong-Sun or Wooyoung spoke to them, he also basked in this newfound happiness. So many things had changed in such a short amount of time. Much of it felt like a blur, especially the time he’d spent in Fortune. Looking over the now snow-covered streets, and seeing the festive decorations for the holidays, he began to realise just how much happier he felt. Even if things still felt heavy, it was okay.

            “Big brudder?” Ae Cha called him.

            Pulled away from his thoughts he noticed they had arrived in town. “Sorry, just a little caught up in my thoughts.”

            “There’s a place I’d like to take you.” Yong-Sun said as they made their way into the store.

            “Oh, where?” Ae Cha asked.

            “It’s a surprise.” Yong-Sun said.

            “A big surprise?” Kaiden asked.

            “You’ll see.” Yong-Sun chuckled.

            Chansung carried Ae Cha on his shoulders as they walked around the aisles grabbing the ingredients Wooyoung needed. He also seemed to be grabbing things for other recipes. When they were at the check-out, Ae Cha of course spotted her favourite candy.

            “Can I please have one?” She asked him.

            “But I thought you wanted cookies?” He asked.

            “I do.”

            “Would you like this or brother Wooyoung’s cookies?”

            Her whiskers appeared and she placed her hands upon her cheeks.

            “Seems like a big dilemma.” Wooyoung chuckled.

            She looked at Chansung. “I can only have one?”

            “Yes.”

            Her eyes changed. “Just one?”

            "Oo, the notorious pleading eyes." Wooyoung chuckled.

            “She’s really trying hey?” Yong-Sun laughed.

            “Only one.” Chansung said.

            “Why only one?”

            “Because brother Wooyoung’s cookies are really good, right?”

            Ae Cha looked at Wooyoung, “yeah. Okay, I just want brother Wooyoung’s cookies.”

            Chansung smiled, “I think you made an awesome choice.”

            Ae Cha sighed and reached out to Wooyoung who took her gladly. Soon they were off and Yong-Sun parked them near a small diner. He took both Kaiden and Ae Cha on ahead. Slowly hauling himself out of the warmth of the car, Chansung waited for Wooyoung. He simmered in want as those deep brown eyes flickered silver, and the enigma smiled at him. Before he could turn and follow after the others, he was tugged closer to the shorter man, who cupped his face with his mitted hands.

            As their lips met, he grasped Wooyoung’s wrists. Chansung loved it. He loved the taste of him and the fire he started in him. “What was that for?”

            “Can’t kiss you whenever I want?”

            Chansung whimpered and looked into his eyes. “Of course you can...”

            “So...why haven’t you kissed me whenever you want? It goes mutually both ways, kit.”

            “I guess I’m still antsy...”

            Wooyoung did not hold back, not until his lips were burning and he had tasted every inch of Chansung’s mouth. Now his mind was just filled with fog and he couldn’t focus on anything but the small gift he’d just been given.

            Wooyoung laughed and hugged him tight. “Come on, before you really turn into a catsicle.” He teased and pulled him along.

            “Ugh, you’re never gonna let that go, are you, cotton ball?”

            Wooyoung only laughed.

            “Brudder! You’re hogging Wooyoung!” Ae Cha huffed.

            Chansung gripped Wooyoung’s hand tighter as he dragged him along.

            “I was hogging big brother, kitten.” Wooyoung said without hesitation.

            Ae Cha tilted her head. “Because brother Wooyoung likes brudder?”

            “Oh yes, brother Wooyoung likes him a lot.”

            Chansung gripped Wooyoung’s hand tighter and nearly tripped over his own feet. Being a cat, he managed to catch himself gracefully, but Wooyoung was still laughing.

            Yong-Sun chuckled. “Come on, we’re almost there.”

            Soon they came to a stretch of the town that was absolutely decked out for the holidays. Lights, ornaments, figurines, and seasonal vendors lined a walk-only stretch of road. There was also a relatively large-sized skating rink which caught both of his siblings attention immediately. They watched people go round in circles, do spins, and all sorts of moves, both were completely mesmerised by what the skaters were capable of.

            “Big brother can you do that?” Kaiden asked, pointing to a particularly fast skater.

            “Me? In this cold?” Chansung laughed, squeezing his brother’s cheeks.

            “I used to go ice skating.” Wooyoung admitted. “Especially after we returned from the country, before I was indoctrinated into the art of baking and cooking.”

            “Oh? Can you do twirlies, Wooyoung?” Ae Cha wondered. “I bet you would look cool.”

            “I think I would fall down. I haven’t done it in a long time.” Wooyoung said as he too continued to watch.

            It had been a while since Chansung had learned something new about him.

            “There’s something I would like you to try and get your expert opinion on.” Yong-Sun said with a wink and then began walking once again.

            Walking side by side, Chansung took in everything. The smells brought once more the feeling of nostalgia. “It’s been like this around Christmas time every year since then, hasn’t it?”

            Yong-Sun looked back. “Yes, it has, and I’m glad it is possible to come here with you. You were just short of five the last time you were here.”

            They came to a a tiny bakery. Ae Cha and Kaiden both became very excited.

            “Oh!” Wooyoung also went in with eagerness and looked at everything.

            “Yong-Sun! I was beginning to worry you wouldn’t be coming into town this year.” A friendly man said from behind the counter. “Eh!” He rubbed at his eyes and came towards Wooyoung. “Is this Min-Jun’s little rascal?!”

            Ae Cha had clamoured up high in Wooyoung’s arms, but the enigmatic man remained calm.

            “I am.” Wooyoung answered.

            “Bless the spirits, you’re really here.” He said as he looked over him. “Spirits, Yong-Sun, he’s so big.”

            “Right? He was only here a brief time so introduce yourself.”

            The man nodded but seemed speechless now. He took off his hat. “Name is Robert. I knew your grandmum.”

            A realisation seemed to dawn upon Wooyoung. “You helped Min-Jun set up his bakery.”

            “That I did, you were only in Fortune for a short while but I had set up shop for him while the three of you were out in the country. I’ve known Min-Jun for quite a long while now. Is he here too?”

            “He is, I’ll be sure to bring him by before they leave for the Capital.” Yong-Sun said.

            Robert turned to Yong-Sun abruptly, “Min-Jun said he would never go back.”

            Chansung shuffled Kaiden to his other side.

            “Well, he’s had some inspiration.” Yong-Sun said. “Anyway, Robert, I’ve got some very special guests here and I was wondering if you’d make your world famous sweet buns.”

            “Sweet buns…” Chansung murmured.

            Robert’s eyes focused on Chansung and Kaiden then. His eyes widened, “bless my soul, is that..?” He came forward and made to touch Chansung but withheld. “This is a mighty special day, Yong-Sun. Mighty special!” He raced into the back. “Nina! Can you tend to Yong-Sun and his company please?”

            Wooyoung turned to Chansung and he smiled, “I remember so many things. I have to tease Min-Jun later.”

            Both Chansung and Yong-Sun shared a laugh.

            Chansung sat beside Yong-Sun as a petite blonde haired girl came to the table. “Hello everyone, my name is Nina. I see we have some little ones with us today.”

            Ae Cha waved. “Do you have hot chocolate?”

            “We do indeed, would you like some?”

            “Yes please, thank you.”

            “Oh, so polite.” Chansung cooed.

            Kaiden did not seem to want to be beat. “Me too, please and thank you.”

            “Such sweet cubs.” She said brightly. “What would everyone else like?”

            “Tea.” They chorused together.

            “Yes, it’s very cold outside. I’ll be right back.”

            Wooyoung set Ae Cha down on the chair beside Chansung before wandering over to the dessert display.

            Chansung turned to Yong-Sun. “If they’re the same ones as I’ve had with my father, he still gets them every year. He would never tell me where he got them from though.”

            Yong-Sun smiled, “Robert’s sister has a small shop in the Capital. She’s the only one he’s ever shared the recipe with and how to make them. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went there to get them.”

            “Are these the buns that have different centres and toppings?” Wooyoung asked excitedly. “Taecyeon brought some with him once. One had a chocolate cheesecake centre.”

            Chansung resisted the urge to whimper. Wooyoung was so cute.

            “That sounds about right, Min-Jun still has never braved trying to make them huh?”

            Wooyoung’s nose scrunched up slightly, “he did, and they were good, but the dough has been the mystery.”

            Nina returned with their drinks and was followed immediately by Robert with a plate of very familiar looking buns.

            “Oh, these are the kind daddy gets for Christmas.” Kaiden said as he looked over the still steaming hot buns.

            “You’re right.” Chansung said as he brushed back his hair. He knew these buns were special to his father. He knew because for many years it was a special thing just between Chansung and his father. Now he knew why, and it pained him a little.

            “I bet cinnamon is still your favourite, Chansung.”

            Shivers raced up Chansung’s arms and that same headache began forming. He was suddenly seated in Robert’s shop with both Yong-Sun and his father. It lasted only a second. He found himself being held up by Wooyoung.

            “Whoa kit, you alright?”

            Unsure of what to say, Kaiden slipped from his lap and climbed up into his own chair.

            “Kit?”

            “I’m okay.” He finally managed and gave Wooyoung an attempt at a smile. “You’re right, cinnamon is my favourite.” He confirmed for Yong-Sun. “It’s Ae Cha’s too, right babe?”

            She was already stuffing a cinnamon coated bun into and grinning.

            “I think that is a yes.” Wooyoung chuckled.

            Yong-Sun kept his siblings entertained. Wooyoung chipped in every now and again, but he had kept a firm hold on Chansung’s hand. It was the main thing grounding him and keeping him in the present. He was very grateful for it, too.

            When they were all done, Robert came forward and gave him a hug. “You’re so tall. You look so strong.” He said. “I’m so very proud of you. Us hybrids all know of the work you’ve done, which makes me even prouder. You may not remember me, but that’s okay. We’ll just make new memories, yes?”

            Chansung couldn’t help but hug Robert tightly again. He hadn’t realised it but he so wanted to hear that from someone. “You’re so right. Thank you so much, Robert.”

            “Come to my shop anytime. I want to hear about your adventures over tea and buns.”

            Chansung grinned, “that sounds amazing.”

            “Good, kick your father in the for me.” He said and then walked back into the kitchen.

            “Robert!” Yong-Sun scolded but it was pointless.

            The ride back was filled with Ae Cha and Kaiden sharing stories about their favourite buns, as well as Serenity’s, Cho Hee’s and Snow’s. Once at the house, Yong-Sun and Chansung helped carry Wooyoung’s ingredients inside.

            Min-Jun was in the kitchen and preparing supper.

            “You’re cooking again!” Yong-Sun said. “You don’t know how to be a guest, Min-Jun.”

            “Shut up, I have to keep myself busy.”

            Kaiden and Ae Cha hugged both his legs. “Uncle Kim we had sweet buns from Mr. Robert.”

            “Uh-huh, I bet you’re all sugared up.”

            “We should burn that off, hey? Let’s go play outside.” Wooyoung suggested. “Maybe big brother will turn into a real catsicle.”

            Ae Cha seemed to love the idea and raced back to her things.

            “Can we build a snowman?” Kaiden asked.

            “Of course we can.” Wooyoung said.

            “Really?” Chansung groaned, dreading the idea of being in the cold for no reason.

            “Why are your siblings so unfazed by the weather and you're super sensitive?” Wooyoung huffed as he got Chansung’s siblings ready. "You spent all that time with the wolves, too."

            “Probably because someone hasn’t been eating properly.” Min-Jun sang.

            “Min-Jun!”

            “Go take your shot you cute kitty.” The bear reminded.

            Chansung raced to the guest room to do so. When he was done, he sighed and looked out the window. It was going to be cold, but spending quality time with Wooyoung and his youngest siblings before returning to the Capital sounded amazing. He especially wanted the memories to stop for at least a little bit. The annoying headache was ebbing away, but the neediness remained. He was craving Wooyoung, too, and that wanting filled him with excitement, anticipation and desire.

            By the time he had made it outside, Wooyoung was already helping his siblings roll snow. Joining them, in no time at all they had three oddly-shaped but round snowballs. Slowly stacking them one on top of the other both Kaiden and Ae Cha cheered. Wooyoung held up Ae Cha so she could place a hat on top of its head while Kaiden began running around. Very soon it had a face, three buttons, and twigs for arms.

            “Well, we gotta name him.” Wooyoung said.

            “It’s a girl - a snowperson.” Ae Cha huffed and folded her arms.

            “Oh, I see. Well, what would you like to name your snowperson?”

            “Pumpkin.”

            “No sissy! It’s not Halloween anymore!” Kaiden grumbled.

            “But her head looks like one.”

            Chansung couldn’t help but laugh.

            Ae Cha sparked a game of tag and raced away from Kaiden. Watching his siblings run around, Wooyoung slowed down so Ae Cha could tag him. Both ran away laughing but he managed to grab them both. Wooyoung whispered something to them, which led to all three of them going after Chansung.

            Piled on by all three he caved, “Ah! Okay! Big brother gives already!” He laughed and was given two kisses on the cheeks and he watched his youngest siblings run off to play together. He heated something fierce as Wooyoung nuzzled their noses together.

            Feeling so very warm now, Chansung sighed in content.

            “Finally, you look at ease.” Wooyoung said softly.

            Eyeing him tenderly, Chansung reached up and brushed snow away from Wooyoung’s fringe. “I want you.” He said without hesitation.

            Wooyoung groaned in response which led to him rewarding Chansung with a face full of snow. This resulted in a bit more running around, a small snowball fight, as well as laughter, freedom, and no cares about anything.

            This was what Chansung had wanted for so long, and exactly what he needed right now. Watching his siblings run around Wooyoung and dodge his hands, he couldn’t help but feel content.

            Noticing his little brother and sister beginning to yawn, he scooped them both up.

            “Are my babes tired?” He asked as he hugged them both.

            “Little bit…” Kaiden yawned and leaned into him.

            “I’m hungry.” Ae Cha said whilst yawning.

            “I’m sure supper is done now. Time for food, then a bath, and then bed.” Wooyoung said as he picked up Ae Cha.

            Two lazy cheers were given and Chansung held Kaiden as he made his way up the stairs and into the house. Indeed, food was waiting for them. Both Kaiden and Ae Cha ate slowly, nearly falling asleep at the table.

            “Now these are some tuckered out cubs.” Min-Jun said as he helped Kaiden with his last spoonful. “How’s that?”

            Kaiden nodded, “full.”

            “Come on babes, you both really need a bath.” Chansung said.

            “Okay...” They grumbled.

            “Can Uncle Kim give you a bath?”

            Both remained lethargic but nodded.

            “Goodness, whatever did you do to make them so tired?” Yong-Sun laughed.

            “Played in the snow.” Wooyoung chuckled as he began clearing the table.

            “Did you have fun playing in the snow?” Min-Jun asked them.

            “We had lots of fun!” They cheered suddenly and began dancing around.

            “Round two begins.” Chansung said as he helped Wooyoung.

            “Well, it’s a good time for a bath then, so you won’t get sick and can play more tomorrow.” Min-Jun said as he went with them down the hall.

            Yong-Sun made to rise but Wooyoung stopped him. “Chansung and I can clean up, Yong-Sun. Why don’t you take some time to relax too?”

            “Well, alright,” he said and stood up. “Just this once.”

            Wooyoung seemed satisfied.

            Once all the supper dishes were clean Wooyoung shooed Chansung down the hall. He came to the bathroom and found his siblings wrapped up in big fluffy towels.

            “Oh! All clean are you?” He asked them.

            “We are.” Ae Cha beamed proudly.

            Hearing soft sniffles from Kaiden, Chansung knelt down. “Hey, what’s wrong little one?”

            “I miss daddy…” Kaiden cried.

            “We’re going to see him very soon, I promise.” Chansung said as he hugged him close.

            Ae Cha looked sad too but didn’t cry. Min-Jun soon had her in her pajamas.

            “We should dry your hair, hey?”

            “I guess so.” Ae Cha sighed.

            “You guess so?” Min-Jun chuckled.

            “Yeah…”

            “Oh my, oh my…” Chansung slipped on Kaiden’s pajamas. “You know, I miss daddy too.” He said and Kaiden looked up with his big golden eyes. “It’s okay to miss him.”

            “I d-don’t want him t-to work anymore.” Kaiden sniffled.

            “Shh, big brother is here. Ae Cha too, and Uncle Kim, brother Wooyoung, and Mr. Yong-Sun.” Chansung said as he began drying Kaiden’s hair. Very soon his ears, tail and whiskers appeared. “So cute…” He cooed and kissed Kaiden’s forehead.

            “Tomorrow a big storm is coming, so we have to wait just two more sleeps, okay?” Min-Jun said.

            “Just two?” Kaiden asked as he waddled over to Min-Jun.

            “Just two my sweet little kitten.” Min-Jun assured and hugged him close.

            “Uncle Kim can you read us a story?” Ae Cha asked.

            Min-Jun beamed, “of course I can. Go say goodnight to brother Wooyoung.”

            Kaiden and Ae Cha raced back into the kitchen, bid their goodnights and then raced one another back.

            “Goodnight big brother.” They said and took their turn giving him a hug.

            “I love you a lot.” He said and kissed them both. “Sleep well, okay?”

            Both nodded and then went with Min-Jun.

            Cleaning up the bathroom and hanging up the towels, Chansung doused the lights and made his way back to the kitchen. He found Wooyoung cutting a pattern into pie crust. Coming to lean against the counter beside him, he watched him work.

            “Are you okay?”

            He nodded, “yeah...just been a lot to digest.”

            “You barely ate supper time.” Wooyoung commented and glanced at him briefly. “There's tons of leftovers.”

            “I don’t feel like we’ve properly been able to really resolve things.” He said quietly. “Not that I have the energy, but I want to do it soon. It feels good to be close to you again. It makes me feel normal, but we need to talk.”

            Wooyoung stopped his work and finally looked at him.

            “I can tell that you’ve been struggling too.” Chansung said.

            Wooyoung nodded and held open his arm.

            Chansung moved in and hugged him tightly.

            “It’s been burning me up, the need to touch you and keep you close.” Wooyoung admitted. “But we do need to talk, I agree.”

            “Can we…” Chansung breathed deeply. Wooyoung’s scent was so good. “Can we chat about things tomorrow? I just…”

            Wooyoung leaned back and smiled, “I understand,” he said softly. “Eat, kit, or I’ll force feed you.”

            Grumbling, he finally did as told and pulled away from that very comforting warmth. When the food was ready, and he had the first bite, he gave into his hunger. Wooyoung even set out freshly baked cookies for him from the oven.

 

            “Relax, eat a cookie.”

 

            Chansung smiled at the memory and happily munched on them. It wasn’t long after he finished that he found himself dozing off. Wooyoung kept up his preparations for whatever he was planning to make, and Chansung basked in the smells and the heat of the kitchen.

            Before long, Wooyoung’s hands were gripping his shoulders and he was whispering into Chansung’s ear, “come sleepy kit, come to bed with me.”

            Rising up, he allowed himself to be pulled down the hallway and into the guest room. Collapsing onto the bed, completely exhausted, he shuffled under the blankets. He kept himself awake until he felt the lovely heat of Wooyoung surrounding him. He huddled in close but a tender finger trailed over his lips, rousing him slightly.

            “I thought of a name for your saliva.” Wooyoung said suddenly.

            Chansung chuckled, “Oh? You seem to have been thinking about this for a long time.”

            “Well, I don’t want to be calling it healing spit or anything like that anymore.” Wooyoung grumbled.

            Chansung laughed heartily at that. “Alright, tell me.”

            “Sana...”

            “Sana?”

            “It’s latin for ‘heal’, or related to that concept, comes from the word sano.”

            Chansung nuzzled even closer. “You've really put some thought into this, latin and a definition and all.”

            Feeling more than seeing Wooyoung’s blush, the smaller male held him tighter. “Well, ever since the first time you gave it to me I've been thinking about it.”

            “Damnit Wooyoung, you’re too damn cute sometimes.” He chuckled and kissed his collarbone. “I like the name. It fits perfectly.” He said and got even more comfortable. ”I can’t stay awake anymore, but I feel restless at the same time.”

            Wooyoung sighed heavily spurring Chansung to look up at him. “We do really need to have a proper chat tomorrow, kit.” He said softly and he brushed a finger along Chansung’s cheek. “No more hiding. I'm tired of hiding...”

            Chansung slowly came closer. “I would like that, yes.”

            “Tomorrow then?”

            Chansung paused but nodded, "tomorrow."

*

Next Chapter...The Truth Behind the Fox Emblem - Part I