Chapter 4

Can't I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months later….

 

Sora is enjoying Teuk’s company having a tea party in the living room. 

 

“Oppa you are making a mess. Look at all the crumbs you are making.” She giggled as she handed him a tissue.

 

“Mianhe Sora, these cookies are just very heavenly.” Leeteuk replied.

 

“Aigoo…I’m the younger one, you should be taking care of me.” Sora jokingly said.

 

In the kitchen, her omma is eavesdropping on Sora, listening to her laughing and talking to herself. Her omma’s train of thought is interrupted by Sora walking into the kitchen with an empty plate.

 

“Omma, can I get more cookies for Teukie oppa.  He really loves your homemade cookies.”

 

“Neh, Sora dear, but please tell Teukie that this would be the last batch. We can’t be spoiling both your appetites for dinner.”

 

“Okay, thank you omma.” Sora smiled while grabbing the plate of cookies from her mother and heading back to the living room.

 

The front door than opened and Sora’s appa entered in and went straight to Sora’s omma.

 

“Yeobo, I’m home.” He layed his briefcase down on the kitchen table and then embraced his wife in a back hug and kissed her cheek.

 

“Welcome home jagiya. How was your day at work?” She asked.

 

“Good, but very tiring. How was your day with Sora?”

 

“Jagiya, I’m worried about Sora.” She hesistantly replied as she turned to face her husband.

 

“Why did something happen today?”

 

“Well…I’m concerned about Sora and her imaginary friend.  Do you think this is healthy? Maybe we should take her to a specialist.”

 

“Yeobo, we talked about this already. We both have seen the difference when she started to have her imaginary friend.”

 

“Yes, but…”

 

“She has become livelier and she is talking to us more.”

 

“Yes but she still hasn’t made any friends at school…and she talks more about what she did with her imaginary friend more than anything else.” Sora’s mother frustratingly answered.

 

“She is still young, this is just a phase. I do believe that this is just a way for her to open up eventually to people around her.  You’ll see, Sora will soon be making real friends so don’t worry about it anymore.”

 

“Okay, I just hope you are right.”

 

Their conversation is then paused when they hear Sora laughing hysterically in the other room.  They both walk over to the living room and see Sora rolling on the ground while pointing at the empty chair.

 

“Oppa, stop…please…my stomach….hahaha.” She said while holding her waist.

 

Watching their daughter like this makes them feel happy and sad.  They love their daughter so much. She brings a smile to their faces and their only hope is that someday soon she will be able to make real friends and shine brightly.

 

18 Years Later (Present Day)

 

Ring….Ring….Ring…

 

“Good Morning, Ms. Kang’s office…How can I help you?”

 

“…”

 

“Yes, Mr. Choi, Ms. Kang is not in her office right now. Would you like to leave a message?”

 

“…”

 

“Okay, I will inform her that you called. Have a good day sir.”

 

As soon as he hangs up the phone the elevator dings and Sora walks out with an expressionless face. All eyes are on her and everything freezes as she passes through the cubicles heading to her office. She is dressed in a white collared buttoned up shirt, tucked in her black knee length pencil skirt and black pumps. Her shoulder length hair is pulled b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter