Chapter 6

Season's of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora has been frozen for the past five minutes.  Leeteuk wasn’t quite sure on how to proceed.  He originally just planned on staying put waiting for her to respond, but the fact that she hasn’t moved or said anything was starting to freak him out.

 

“Ummm…hello…Sora-shi…are you okay?” He waved his hand in front of her face trying to snap her attention back.

 

“Huh…Wh..what? I’m sorry, what were we talking about?” She finally responded.

 

“I said this happened three weeks ago.”

 

Sora abruptly stood up almost knocking over her coffee.  She paused looking around at people eyeing her sudden motion and then looked at Leeteuk once more.

 

“Ummm…I’m just going to the ladies room…Leeteuk-shi can you just order me a glass of water and I’ll be right back.”

 

“Okay, sure… are you sure you are alright?” He looked deeply concerned at her behavior.

 

“I’m okay…I just need a moment…just give me five minutes.” And with that she walked back towards the restrooms.

 

When Sora reached the ladies restroom she checked if anyone else was in there.  When she verified that it was empty she locked the door and then went to the sink to turn on the faucet.  She let the water run and coat both hands and then patted her face and neck.

 

“Get a grip Sora” She said out loud to herself while looking at her reflection in the mirror. “This is just another clue to solving your disappearance.”

 

She grabbed some napkins to pat her face and hands dry. She still doesn’t know what would make her do what Leeteuk said she did. Should she call Dara-unnie and inform her of this new information?  But she then realized that she left her bag in the booth with Leeteuk, so she’ll just wait until she gets home to talk to Dara.  Sora sighed, still looking at her reflection when there was a sudden knock at the door that made her jump.

 

“Excuse me…is anyone in there?” She heard a muffled voice.

 

“Neh…mianhe…I’ll be right out.” She yelled through the door.

 

She took one final deep breath, unlocked the door, bowed to the woman waiting, and then headed back to the booth where Leeteuk sat patiently waiting for her return.  She sat across from him, picked up the glass of water and gulped down half the glass before talking.  Leeteuk continued to watch her waiting for her to speak.  He watched as she bit her lower lip and how her fingertips ran along the condensation of the water glass.

 

“Still thirsty…do you want more water?” He asked still trying to get her to speak.

 

“No thanks, I’m fine.” Sora continued to look down on the table not making eye contact with him.

 

“Ahem…I’m still waiting for a reply here.” Leeteuk was getting impatient.   He kept wondering what she was thinking and started to become uncomfortable the longer she just sat there being quiet.

 

“Well…see…hmmm…how do I say this?…” She wasn’t sure if she should tell him what she knows.

 

In all fairness, she doesn’t know much yet…she doesn’t remember and she just had tests done at the hospital.  But she figured maybe he could help her even though it seems he doesn’t know anything besides details of their chance encounter three weeks ago.

 

“I cannot confirm or deny that what you said happened.” She looked up and saw his confused expression.

 

“Huh…what does that mean?”

 

“I can’t confirm that I did what you said I did because I don’t remember what I did for the past three weeks and since I can’t remember I can’t also deny that it wasn’t me who in fact threw the drink in your face.” She explained in more detail, but judging from Leeteuk’s quietness she only confused him more.

 

Silence…

 

 

Crickets…

 

 

Crickets…

 

Leeteuk raised his left eyebrow while trying to deduce what she said and then silently chuckled, cleared his throat and spoke again.

 

“So you really don’t remember seeing me three weeks ago?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“You aren’t lying?  This sounds like an excuse I would hear in one of my dramas, a tale where the damsel has amnesia.”

 

“No, I wish I was.  I just came from running tests at the hospital across the street, my doctor could verify…” Sora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter