Chapter 4

Lovehate

“Hatred would have been easier. With hatred, I would have known what to do. Hatred is clear, metallic, one-handed, unwavering; unlike love.” 

 

**

 

 

BANG!

The sound of a door being shut loudly can be heard in the double-storey house. Youngjin startled, body froze as his questioning eyes darted to his confused parents behind the kitchen counter. He just back from work when he spotted Changhyun glaring intensely at him before sprinted upstairs- to his room.

 

Mrs Yoo shrugs as the man middle aged man beside him stay still, wearing the bewildered frown on his face.

 

“Did he found out that I finished his favourite ice-cream?” Youngjin smiles to his parents whose frown on their faces falter a bit. He knew that Changhyun can be a tad exaggerating when it comes to his ice-cream, or literally food.

 

“I think he doesn’t know about his ice-cream..yet.” said Mr Yoo as he proceed to pick up the abandon newspaper laying on the dining table and before explaining the situation. “We were talking about the marriage just before you back.”

 

Youngjin feel that the air supply to his lung is not enough upon hearing his father’s word, because his face start to turn paler. It took him seconds to process the words before something struck him.

 

“Dad, did you tell him with who?”

 

“Yes. He will know sooner though.”

 

Youngjin breathe out an exasperated sigh. “Mom, dad – I told you to let me be the one who confront him about this.”

 

“It’s nothing wrong in telling him. You said he’s not in relationship.” Mrs Yoo supply.

 

You guys have no idea how much this will feel terribly wrong to Changhyun.

 

Slowly, Youngjin give a weak smile to both of his parents. “No worries. I will take care of this.”

 

 

**

 

 

A full volume of I’m Not Okay – My Chemical Romance resonate in Changhyun’s ears coming from the black headphone hanging by his head, muffling any sound from outside. Warm tears running endlessly from his puffy eyes down to his cheeks.

 

The void in his chest beginning to fill with anger and hatred. Not to his parents, also not about their arrangement of the sudden marriage.

 

But to him, the one he loathes to even say his name. Changhyun remembered clearly that name which came out casually from his father’s mouth, which gave him a feel of a thousand knifes stabbing his wrenched heart. The same name he etched to his mind to hate and thrown it down to the deepest pit of his memory.

 

The pain in his chest grow stronger when his mind went back to his conversation with his parents just now.

“Do Youngjin tell you anything?” His mother started off, hands busied with the spaghetti on the pan. The smell got him carried away and forgot his mother question until the petite woman gave him a look over her shoulder.

He smiled sheepishly. “About what, mom?”

The uncertain gaze his mother sent to his father didn’t go unnoticed by him. Changhyun expect a serious issue to be brought up. His munching on the star shaped cereal slow down a bit.

Changhyun took a deep breath when his father put down the newspaper in his hand and looked at him.

“Me and Uncle Choi has been discussing about this for a while. It’s our dream to strengthen the bond that we have as a best friend to something stronger.”

Changhyun kept munching and nodded vigorously to his father words as he made a mental note to ask Youngjin hyung who is the said Uncle Choi. He never good at remembering people names.

“So we thought of marry off our child together.”

Changhyun stopped his doing and grinned to himself. He looked to both of his parents as he grinned wider. It might hurt his cheeks but he pay no attention to that. Dramatically, he clasped his fingers together.

“Omg, this is great! Youngjin hyung will get married and no one will ever get to disturb my sleep anymore.” Changhyun’s eyes practically shooting out rainbows at that moment. As if it is possible. “Oh wait, that hyung! How could him not telling me about this. It’s okay, I will let it slide this time because this is a good news. So dad, when is the wedding?”

Changhyun paid no attention to the quizzical look on his parents. He was busy planning 101 ways to murder his hyung for not sharing this good news with him. However, the next sentences coming from his mother left him froze on spot.

“It’s yours. Because your hyung already have someone. Youngjin said he talked to you before and confirmed that currently you are not in relationship.”

Changhyun’s jaw hanged wide. Not a single words coming from his mouth, so Mrs Yoo took that as sign for her to continued.

“We had talked to Uncle Choi and, his son also agreed on the marriage. I remember that he is the same age as you.”

Mr Yoo gave a confirmation nods at his wife words.

“Yes, Choi Jonghyun is the same age as you. If I am not mistaken, he went to the same school as you before. Remember?”

“No, I don’t.” Unconsciously, he breathed out.

The breath that he not realized he hold.

 

Changhyun’s body shaking and his heart beat increasing wildly by times. The constant knocks on his door left unheard as he lost in his heart wrenching sobs. He feel so frustrated and powerless. Out of millions people, why him. Why it has to be the person that he hate to the bones – the very person that make him vulnerable.

 

For years, he done a great job at running away from past, discarding all unwanted memories – banished that person in one thought. If one thing he failed to forget- is the dreadful event that tarnished his dignity, a major degradation caused by that person – Choi Jonghyun.

 

Reminisce of the awful event makes his heart wrenched in pain, excruciating pain. A total reminder how he hate that memories. But now, seem like life hate him more.

 

Life hate him so much that he feel suffocated.

 

Life hate him so much that it bring back him in Changhyun’s life.

 

Back to ruin his life.

 

 

**

 

 

After countless knocks and soft pleadings being ignored, Youngjin pick the master key to open the door to his brother’s room. Fingers trembling a bit, for what to happen when he face to face with the short male.

 

He scrutinize the room only to meet with a deathly glare from his brother, who curling into a ball on his bed. He gulp down his saliva hoping the nervous in his body reduce a bit. His nervous turn to guilty once he lay his eyes on Changhyun’s tears stricken face. It’s tearing his heart apart seeing his brother in that condition.

 

“You betrayer!” Changhyun growl under his gritted teeth. “Get out of my room.”

 

Youngjin make the decision to step forward to Changhyun’s bed, only to regret it later when a thick cover book fly across the room toward him. Thanks to his active participant in dodgeball so he able to save himself from sleeping on hospital bed for the day.

 

“Changja..” he call out as he continue his steps. Forward.

 

“I SAID OUT! OUT OFF MY ROOM!”

 

The booming yell startle Youngjin, but he strive forward and grab Changhyun into his hold. Hands securely gripping the quivering body. Changhyun’s sobs harder, and his heart pain hearing it.

 

Changhyun trashing around to get out from Youngjin hold as the latter tighten his grip on the small male.

 

“Hey hey, stop crying. I am sorry. Please stop crying, it breaking my heart seeing you like this.” He whispers on Changhyun’s hair. The said male stop squirming and he heard a faint I hate you’s chanting weakly from the trembling lips.

 

After a few minutes of rubbing circle on Changhyun’s back, Youngjin break his hold and grips his brother’s shoulder. Trying to look into the younger puffy eyes.

 

Suddenly, in blink of eyes, Changhyun pulls his right hand from Youngjin’s grip and punch his brother on the face.

 

“Ouch!! What the..”

 

“That is for betraying me. You out of other people knew how much I detest that jerk!” Changhyun growl menacingly.

 

Second later another punch land on his stomach. Youngjin shrieks in pain, silently trying to muffle his laugh. 5 years practicing taekwando, he know that his brother’s punches is nothing that bring harm.

 

“That is for being a jerk brother I ever have. Why didn’t you ask me first!?”

 

Youngjin didn’t get to respond when another punch land on the same place.

 

“That is for stealing my ice-cream.”

 

Changhyun huffs when Youngjin chuckles and grinning sheepishly. “I still angry with you, hyung.”

 

“I did it for you.” the words left Youngjin’s mouth weakly.

 

“To ruin my life? You knew what he did to me. He not going to bring anything to my life but pain.” Changhyun grip the sheet in anger as he sat himself at the edge of his bed.

 

“Please believe in me as much I believe in him. Listen to his explanation, Changja ah.”

 

“There is nothing to explain. The harm already done.” The younger state icily.

 

“Do it for me. For Mom and dad.” Youngjin begs.

 

“No! Never!”

 

“Changja..”

 

“I said NO.”

 

“Changja..”

 

“Hyung, NO!”

 

“Yoo Changhyun..”

 

“Tell me where in NO you didn’t understand, Youngjin hyung?” Changhyun growls and Youngjin pick himself from the bed toward the door. His hand stop at the door knob before looking at Changhyun annoyed face.

 

“Mom and dad already decided the date. It is in two month from now. You have choice to cancel the wedding and break mom and dad’s hearts and ruin their pride and dignity.”

 

Youngjin disappear behind the door, leaving a jaw hanged Changhyun – throwing a few hard things that can lead to him hospitalized if he stay there.

 

 

**

 

“How’s going?” The husky voice of male asked from the end of the line.

 

“You nearly have to attend my funeral.” Youngjin heard faint chuckles responding to his line.

 

“That bad? Heh, I kinda figured.” The male breathe out a tired sigh. “He hate me to his bones and blood, huh.”

 

“You tell me. Heh, I don’t know if my decision to help you is going to help my brother or not. I know what you did back then was to protect him, but you have to tell him the truth.” Youngjin stated, voice serious.

 

“Knowing him, he will not believe me.”

 

Youngjin sigh – in which kind of contagious in this state. “If you say so. But, I believe you can bring happiness to Changhyun’s life. And I am not going to think twice to punch you in the face if you hurt him.”

 

“You did once.”

 

That remarks receives a roll of eyes from Youngjin. A habit he learnt from Changhyun.

 

“That was for make my brother cried.” He smile. “Please take care of him.”

 

“I will. Really am.”

 

Youngjin lips tug upward “Hey Choi Jonghyun, I am serious of what I said.”

 

“I know, Youngjin ah.”

 

“Good. And, good luck I guess. My brother is tough as steel.”

 

After the phone call ends, Youngjin runs to the nearest store. He have a mission. Mission to buy a whole cart full of pints of ice cream. Lesson 1001 about Yoo Changhyun:

 

 

Angry Changhyun can only be cool down by ice-cream.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

AN : Hey guys, ya know this story contain characters development- how changrick mature and growth together despite the burning hatred they have toward each other. So, in all mean, it’s gonna be a long journey for them- for us. Hahaha. Because here- in this story- they are awkward af with each other- in which I am having hard time layering their character - and I am so0 freaking bad at updating J Please bear with this bad author. Ehhe.

Importantly, I am terribly sorry for the grammar or typo errors throughout all these chapters or other stories – English definitely not my mother language but I will try my best to improve my English and my writing skill.

 

Again, I think that I should finish MWIY before fully concentrate on Lovehate. HAhahah. So expect a snail like update from me. I am sorry. Heheh

 

Until next time lovelies~~

 

Enjoy!

 

Feel free to subscribe and comment, because your comments absolutely going to make me jump off the cliff with overstretched smile and rainbows filter of a beaming eyes. Maybe unicorns too~. In other words, I’d die happy J