When the Worst Happens

More... Than Just Friends?

[Sekyung POV]

"Sekyung.... Let's break up."

Those words replayed over and over in my head.

Is he breaking up..... WITH ME!?!?! Shin Sekyung?!?! Is my hearing alright or do I need to go the doctors?

"O-oppa.. why?" I sniffled trying to make him feel bad. Maybe if I cry, he'll regret it. I made a tear slide down my cheek hoping it would do some good in this coversation.

"I-I don't feel the same way anymore. I've fallen in love... with someone else." He sighed.

"It's ChoonHe isn't it? You fell in love with your bestfriend."

I don't know why... this whole time, I've used Jonghyun for all the wrong reasons.I shouldn't care if we broke up.

But now, why is it so hard to accept that fact? He wasn't answering, but instead looked away.

No..... no, no, no, no, no. Please, don't tell me.

"Please! Tell me it's not true. Say that you don't love her." I pleaded.

He paused for a while, trying to think of what to say. Then it came.

The words I've been hoping to never hear.

"I can't do that Sekyung. Because then, I'd be lying..... to you and myself."

At that very moment, my heart had been torn to pieces. I just wanted to get away.... never see his face again. I exited the ride, making sure he wasn't following. Only one thought occupied my mind.

I loved him... but by the time I found out, it was already too late.

I was feeling mixed emotions; Regret, heartbreak, grief, but mostly hatred. I hated ChoonHe. I hated her for getting in the way, for always being around Jonghyun, for having him fall in love with her.

But most of all, I hated myself. If I figured out sooner about my love for him, none of this would have happened. 

Of course, I couldn't myself. My mind just never worked that way. Instead, I transferred ALL of my hatred to ChoonHe. I wanted revenge, and I knew just how to do it.

 

To : ChoonHe

, you should know that it's impossible to replace me. Go find a new target. This one's taken.

[Imagine picture tooken from the last chapter]

,Sekyung

 

Did Jonghyun really think I was that stupid? I saw the ticket stubs that fell from his pocket. He went to Lotte World twice today; I'm sure he wouldn't have gone with the boys.

It was most likely, he went with that .

Taking my chances, I pressed the send button hoping for the worst to happen.... to those two.

The next thing I knew, I was on my way to the airport purchasing a ticket to the next flight to the US.

I know he'll call. I don't know what would happen if I do answer one of those calls.

I could only do what I knew best...

Run away.

 

[Jonghyun POV]

I felt my heart drop seeing the girl I used to love run away like that. I mean, she was still pretty important.

But then I remembered ChoonHe.

Her bewitching smile, her angelic laugh, the thought of us two being together.

It was all for the best, breaking up with Sekyung.

I made my way back to ChoonHe's house. Sure, it's already 11 o' clock. Sure, there's always tomorrow. This couldn't wait. I wanted to go to bed, knowing you're dating the one you love.

I knocked on the door and was brought face to face with an angel.

"Could we talk outside for a moment?" I could see Omma eyeing us from the side. It would be embarrassing, hearing her listen to my love confessions.

"ChoonHe I---" I was cut off.

"Why?" Why? what was she talking about?

"Why what?"

"Why did you leave me? Today was supposed to be our day!" Her voice started to rise. Did she... know about my date today?

"You knew?"

"Of course I knew Jonghyun. She even sent me a picture." I looked at the screen, and sure enough I remembered taking that picture on the ferris wheel. Those words though. ? ChoonHe was no . And we broke up already.

"I'm tired Jonghyun. I'm tired of this. When will there ever be a day when you DO choose me over her?"

My breathing gradually got heavier, and I felt as if my heart would stop any moment. That's where she was wrong. I would choose her. I just did today, when I broke up with Sekyung!

"Ch-ChoonHe, I could explain." She needed to hear me out. Please. I'm begging you.

"The picture says it all." That's when I cracked, "I've know you for FIVE YEARS Jonghyun. FIVE YEARS! And what do you do? You bail out on me. It's like bailing out on this god damn friendship!"

"ChoonHe, please. I'm begging you! Hear me out!" I clutched onto her hands, eyes getting watery.

"Just....give me some time. We can talk about this later."

I watched as she slowly made her way back inside, letting a few tears slip away.

Right then, I called Sekyung. What was up with her all of a sudden? Suddenly acting like that. She wasn't the girl I knew before. The girl I used to love.

 

-Ring Ring Ring-

Please leave a message after the tone

 

"ING !" I screamed slamming my fist on a nearby wall, earning a few cuts. I ignored the blood dripping down. It didn't hurt at all.

The only thing that hurt was the pain in my heart. The pain you feel as if it's being crushed or stabbed by a billion nails. No pain can compare to that kind of feeling.

I walked home slouching and looking like a mess. Blood drooping down my fist.

Could it be? Has my love story already ended.....

...............

...........

....................

.............................. When it hasn't even begun?

 

(Author's Note)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm sure you all must hate me now. When they could've finally gotten in a relationship, I just HAD to mess it all up.

Ahahaha. Hate me all you want but just don't hate on ChoonHe. She has her reasons for acting this way.

The things you do when you're in love... and heartbroken.

Besides.... what's a story without any drama?

Ok BAI BAI. I'm sorry for doing this to you guys. Just bear with it for a few more chapters.