thirty nine; undeniably missing him

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun blinked his eyes at the darkness of his room. He was still wide awake despite how it was already late at night. He just couldn't sleep no matter how he tried to. He missed her. Yes, he does. He wanted to fly back to Seoul this instant. But he still needed time to think things over. That's like what his parents told him to.

Gladly, his parents decided to rethink about the marriage between him and Marsha. Just like what Mina wanted him to do, he told them what he felt inside his heart.

"I like someone else, dad, mom." He told them one night before he left. "How can I marry Marsha if I like someone else? I can't force myself to love Marsha. She's just not my type. Please mom, dad...give me the freedom to choose whom I should love and marry someday. This girl, she makes me happy. Unknowingly, she entered my heart without me knowing. For her, it's impossible. She wouldn't believe it. I couldn't believe myself either."

"Do we know this girl, Sehun?"

"Yes, you know her. She's Mina."

"Oh..."

"I like her, I really do. But she thinks I'm only doing this so I could get out of marriage. And now she hates me for thinking that I'm just using her. But I'm not. I honestly not. I want to ask her out on a date but I know she wouldn't. Now let me ask you Mom, Dad...do you really want someone as spoiled as Marsha to be my wife? Or do you want someone as nice as Mina to be my girl? Mina is a total opposite of Marsha. Much better, in fact. Marsha's a spoiled rich girl who wants to buy this and that. She doesn't even know what hard work means. And I know you know that, Mom, Dad. But Mina...she's not rich but she never took advantage of the trust you all gave her just to get money from us. She never did. And I know she'll never will. Mom, Dad...I'm begging you. If you really want me to be happy, let me live my life the way I want it to be. Please..."

And luckily for him, it worked. He went to Japan after his parents' decision of rethinking the marriage-agreement. But before he left, his father told him not to worry about it anymore. He will talk to the Kim's regarding it, that was what he said.

God knows how much he wanted to tell Mina about the progress of the marriage-agreement but she won't talk to him. In fact, she was avoiding him. She won't even looked into his eyes. She wasn't even bothering to answer his calls. And that one reply from her....that was why he decided to go to Japan. He wanted to give her some space she wanted.

He sighed, thinking about Mina again. He wondered if she missed him too.

Or maybe she didn't....

 

 

She went to school the next day with no energy at all. True enough, Sehun's seat was empty when she arrived. He really did leave without telling her. Thinking about it was only making her pissed at him, and at herself as well. How can she be so stupid? And how can he be so selfish?

Damn it.

"Mina," It was Chen together with his friends. Minus Sehun at that. "Can we—wait, why are you looking like that?"

"Huh? Why? What do I look?"

"You look like you haven't slept for ages!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Look at your eyebags. It's awful." Xiumin added.

"Your eyes looks like it will fall out soon." Baekhyun in with a cringe.

"All of you are just exaggerating!" She complained, stomping her foot in the process. "I'm fine. I'm always fine. And I get to sleep every night. These eyebags are just an indication of stress. Who wouldn't be? Our graduation is fast approaching. Only a week left. Aren't you all excited or anything?"

"Are you sure it's because of that?" Chen asked, his eyebrows arching. "Or it's because you're thinking of that one person who isn't here with us?"

Mina couldn't find any words to say.

"Oh, so that's it." Baekhyun muttered.

"No, of course not." She found herself saying. Afraid that they might caught her lying, she looked away. "If you think that I'm thinking about him, you're all wrong."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter