twenty nine; starting things over...awkwardly

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days flew so fast and it was already Saturday. And that would mean Sehun will be in her house in less than an hour. Mina shouldn't be panicking. Nope. She shouldn't be. It's just Sehun anyway. It's not like a royal prince is coming over. And no. She wasn't panicking. Not even a bit.

"What's wrong? Why are you so anxious?" Her Aunt Soyoo asked her out of the blue. Mina whirled abruptly but didn't answer her. Instead, she just blinked her eyes as if there was something on it. "You look frightened or whatsoever. What's wrong?"

"No." She squeaked. "There's nothing wrong auntie." To prove her point she sat on the chair and took a spoonful of cereal into and chewed happily.

Aunt Soyoo looked at her like she was gone crazy. "You were toing and froing moments ago. You've wasted your thirty minutes on it. You should've done eating breakfast and should've taken a bath by now. It's already eight-forty six—"

"What?" She sputtered, almost spitting the cereal from . "Oh ! I need to take a shower now!" She dashed towards her room.

"But you haven't eaten breakfast yet." Aunt Soyoo called out.

"Later." She rushed to the bathroom and took a five-minute shower. Then she hurried to the kitchen to eat. Her Aunt Soyoo was looking at her freakishly. But she was not on the mood to care.

She had only taken three spoons of cereals, the door bell rang. She gulped. It was already nine. So it was probably Sehun. "I-I'll get it," she said as she stood up and headed to the door. And boy she was right. It was Sehun standing right at her door step.

"Hello. I'm Oh Sehun and I'm glad to meet you," he said with a smile. And it freaked her out. What the heck is he saying?

She blinked at him. "Are you okay?"

He laughed. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking of starting everything right. I mean, we've goten off to a bad start and I want to change that. You know, I want to start things over."

"Oh," she could only utter. He took her by surprise. Now she doesn't know what to say.

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" He asked, tilting his head on the process.

She flinched. "Oh, yes you may." She gave way for him to enter. He muttered his thanks as he did so. He immediately greeted Aunt Soyoo when she appeared from the kitchen. Mina had already told her aunt about a classmate coming over but she didn't mention it was a guy. Her aunt acknowledged his presence though.

However, she decided to ignore the suggestive look her aunt was giving her.

"Should we start now?" Sehun asked after she offered him a seat on the couch. "Or maybe later?"

"No, I think we should start now." She replied. "Wait, I'm just gonna get my things in my room. Just wait here."

"Okay." He smiled.

 

 

"So what would be the subject of our sketch?" Sehun asked her but she had no idea. Her mind was completely blank at this moment. "Do you have any idea?"

"Mm," she cocked her head, still trying to come up with a good idea. "How about if we visualize something."

"Like what?"

"Like nature maybe? I don't know. Or a person? Maybe my auntie could model for us—"

"Not a chance." Her Aunt Soyoo chimed in. "I'm going out to buy lunch and for your afternoon snacks. Buh-bye! See you later. Be a good girl, my niece." Before she could react, her aunt zoomed towards the door and left. What the heck. She moved like she has supernatural powers.

"So no model." Sehun sighed.

"I'm sorry." She muttered softly. They were both silent for a couple of minutes, still trying to think of a better solution.

"Hey, can you draw?" He asked her after sometime.

"Um, a bit. But not that great." She told him.

"Good. Then I think you should draw on your own too."

"Wait, what?"

He chuckled. "I said, try to draw something on your blank canvass and we'll see whose art is the best. The choosen art will be submitted." He said.

"It's probably you," she mumbled softly.

"Come on, just try."

"Okay, okay." She muttered in surrender. She took her pencil and started making wonders on her canvass. When she glanced at him, he too started doing on his own. An idea suddenly surged into her mind. Happily, she dragged her pencil on the canvass sheet to make an art sketch of Eiffel Tower in a closer view.

After some time, she was already focused and engrossed to what she was doing. At one point, she managed to sneak a glance at him. He was engrossed on his own too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter