two; angel in disguise

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"The old man lost a lot of blood and we need an immediate donor so we could save him." The doctor said. "But the problem is, his blood type is O. It's hard to find an O donor."

"I am an O, doc." Mina said with no feeling of hesitation. Heck, this was life they were talking about! "I-I can donate. We don't have much time, doc so please."

"Okay. But you need some tests if you can really donate." The doctor said and she nodded.

After the tests and knowing that she can possibly donate, they immediately underwent a blood transfusion. Mina glanced at the old man on the other side of the bed. She was silently praying the old man could get through this.

She doesn't get the chance to save her family, and now she's doing this to a person who were in need. Her family might be so proud of her right now.

She closed her eyes as she felt herelf going weak. After some time, the blood transfusion was done and she was thankful when the doctor announced that the old man was safe already. She entered inside the old man's room and rested there for a moment. The punctured site on her arm was covered with a cotton and a nurse was attending her. The nurse gave her a bottle of water for her to drink before she left the room.

She sighed as she looked at the sleeping old man. She wondered if he had a family, too.

The door suddenly opened and three people came in—one sophisticated woman in her early forties, a man in business suit and he looked like he was the same age as her father, and the doctor.

"He's fine now, ma'am." The doctor said. "He's already out of danger."

The woman sighed. "Thank you, thank you doctor."

"Who found him, doc? How did he end up here?" The man asked the doctor.

"A girl found him in the park and she called for help. Oh, there she is." The doctor pointed at her when he saw her. It was like she wasn't there the whole time they were talking. The old man's family turned to her as the doctor continued talking. "And it weren't because of her, he would have died from the loss of blood. Thankfully, she's an O."

"Oh my God." The woman muttered as she went up to her and without a word, hugged her so tight she couldn't breathe. "Thank you so much. You're an angel in disguise."

"Thank you." The man smiled gratefully at her. It was then the woman pulled away.

"Thank you so much." She said. "How can we ever repay you?"

"N-No, ma'am. It's okay. I don't need a reward for what I did." She told them. "Someone will do the same as what I did. It's not much of a big deal."

The woman cupped her cheek. "It is, dear. You saved my father-in-law's life. He is my husband's father."

"We owe you our life for that." Her husband told her.

Mina shook her head. "Your 'thank you' is enough for me, ma'am..sir."

The woman smiled at her. "May I know your name?"

"My name is Mina. Jung Mina." She said.

"Thank you so much, Mina-shi." She said and that was when they heard a moan from the old man. The doctor immediately checked on him.

"Papa," the woman pressed the old man's hand. "We're here already."

"Take a rest first, papa." The man said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter