06

Look Over the Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Orphan?” Jieun exclaimed in shocked. She had never thought of this before. She then looked back to Baekhyun who looked like having an headache. “Are you alright?”

“Ne, except the fact that my head is a bit hurt.”

“I will bring you to your room.” After that, Jieun pulled Baekhyun up with both hands hugged his arm protectively and walked to his room.

Before Jieun left Baekhyun’s room to her florist, she poured a glass of water and found some pills in the aid-kit, handed it to Baekhyun. “Hope this will help to drive your headache away.”

Baekhyun looked at Jieun’s back, he felt guilty at another lie he had made. ‘White lies.’ He thought.

During dinner, they gathered at the dining table as usual, while Jieun’s mother started the topic. “We heard of your situation, Chanbaek.” Baekhyun looked up. “And we felt sorry.”

“Gwaenchana, eommeoni.” He replied. ‘I’m the one to feel sorry.’

“Then, it is quite hard to find where you came from.” Jisung murmured. “I’m sorry that I couldn’t help you with anything.”

Baekhyun dropped his head down. ‘Are they not welcoming me and want me to quit their life?’

Jieun’s father was like someone who could read his mind. “Don’t worry, Chanbaek. What Jisung means doesn’t same with what you’re thinking. He just want to help you and you are welcome to live here as long as you want.”

Baekhyun shot up with a sincere smile. “Kamsahamnida, abeoji.”

“But,” Jieun voiced out. “Our expenses last month was over too much. I can’t even manage to run the florist by myself now after Sookjung left her job and we don’t have enough money to hire one. I don’t think we can afford to let him stay at here in a long term.”

“I will do anything.” Baekhyun was trying to excuse. “I can help out in your florist. I don’t need any salary. I just want somewhere to live.” This was true as he didn’t want to go back to the ‘hell’.

“Do you have any experience or any knowledge regarding flowers?” Jieun asked.

“About the experiences…. Yes, I was in the shop this morning and I sold some flowers out. And knowledge… I will learn hard.”

The situation was a bit awkward as Baekhyun was being too serious. “It’s okay, Chanbaek. You may help Jieun out in the florist.” Jieun’s mother tried to comfort him and also the situation.

“Let’s eat.”

 

----------

 

The next morning, Jieun woke up and saw Baekhyun was at the edge of her bed, looking at her.

“Morning, Chanbaek” She woke and sit on her bed, smiling at Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat at that moment. “Why are you here this early?” She pulled herself out of her bed and walked toward the washroom.

“To wake you up.” He said. Actually, he had been already standing there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter