16

Look Over the Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the day. Baekhyun had decided to tell Jieun the ‘truth’. He couldn’t pretend it anymore. He planned a few days beforehand so his white lies could be cover well. “How about your father? Do you want to go back after telling her?” Jongdae asked in nowhere. Baekhyun nodded, “I guess so. I only can leave and let everything back to normal. I have created too much lies.” He looked down on his feet while Joonmyeon patted on his shoulder. “Everything would be fine.” Kyungsoo came with a glass of water. “Keep calm. You can do it.” Baekhyun nodded in appreciation. He thanked God for giving him these friends, intimates and brothers.

“There you are!” Jieun looked at Baekhyun who had just came back to the florist. “Where did you just go, oppa?”

“I was meeting with the guys.” Baekhyun simply answered. Jieun nodded as a sign that she heard him. “Chanbaek oppa,” she called as Baekhyun nodded in signal for her to continue, “You looked weird recently. Are you alright?”

“Yea, I’m alright.” Baekhyun told her half-heartedly. “I’ll help you to clean up and let head back for dinner.” He gave her his smile assuring he’s fine.

“Sure.” She smiled but felt uneasy.

After cleaning up the florist, they headed back to their house. Jieun’s mother was preparing the meal. “Let me help, eommonim.” Baekhyun offered. Jieun’s mother rejected but Baekhyun insisted. “I should help out, eommonim. I’m afraid this is my last time helping you.” Baekhyun whispered the last part so Jieun’s mother couldn’t hear it.

The Lee family started to dig in their dinner. “I have something to say.” Baekhyun started, seriousness was written across his face. “I have my memory back.” He stated like how he had practiced that morning. The Lee’s looked all surprised. “I met my friends back.”

“Really? That’s good, Chanbaek-ah!” Jieun’s father smiled. “So… are you going back with them?” Finally he asked the most important question, also the question Baekhyun didn’t want to face now.

“I think he will go back.” Jisung said. “How can he don’t miss his friends after leaving them this long?”

“Afterall, they must be missing you very much.” Jieun’s mother tried to reason. Baekhyun just smiled half-heartedly as an answer. “Well, thank you for letting me to stay here in the past few months. I really enjoy living with you.”

“So, when are you leaving?” Jieun’s father asked. Baekhyun shook his head. “I still have no idea yet. Maybe in a few days.”

“Wow! That’s fast!” Jisung exclaimed. Baekhyun nodded, “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter