First Sonogram

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 29 - 12 Weeks

"Hey, Woohyun!" the dinosaur-like guy called out to the younger with a wave of his hand. He pushed past the full and congested hallway of the high school to get to him. 

Woohyun was neatly setting his books up in the back of his locker in the order he had the classes when he was called. He looked up, distracted from his task, to see the blinding smile that belonged to Dongwoo. He smiled and straightened up, grabbing his bag before he closing his locker. He turned to face Dongwoo who was now right beside him, "Hey, Dongwoo hyung."

Dongwoo's smile only increased, "I hear you are going to have your first ultrasound today? Are you going to bring back pictures?" he asked quietly with excitement written on his face. He looked around to see if anyone was focusing on them and had overheard the two. 

Woohyun smiled blissfully, reminded of his appointment today. He was finally far enough along to have an ultrasound and since he was so far along when he found out, he didn't have time to have an earlier one, "Of course! My umma says that they print out multiple copies, so maybe I'll give one to all of you."

Dongwoo's eyes widened and he jumped up and down in excitement, "Really?!" he exclaimed. He clasped his hands over his mouth as to not attract too much attention from the other students, "Sorry," he apologized with a sheepish smile, "But, that's really daebak! I can't wait to see my little nephew."

Woohyun scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion, "What makes you think it's a boy?" he asked. Not that there was anything wrong with having a son, but why was he so sure?

Dongwoo smiled and pointed to his forehead with his index finger, "Because I know, young one," he smirked and crossed his arms in a sophisticated manner. 

Woohyun rolled his eyes and adjusted his backpack over his large coat, "Okay, hyung. You're crazy, and you don't know a thing about babies," he joked before starting forward to exit the school. Dongwoo unwound himself from his pose and caught up to Woohyun, lacing his fingers through his hand in a friendly way. The two swung their arms as they walked to their destination. 

"Hey, Woohyun?" Dongwoo questioned, catching the younger's attention when they were in a secluded part of the school where not many students were, "When do you think you'll start telling people that you are pregnant?" he lowered his voice when a lone girl exited a class and walked pass them. 

When the student was gone, Woohyun answered, "I don't know, hyung. Probably when I start showing," he shrugged. Sunggyu and him still haven't decided on when they were going to tell people. His parents knew and his close friends, but Sunggyu's parents and the rest of the school didn't know. 

"Well, you don't have much time left then, do you?" he stated more than asked, pointing to Woohyun's abdomen. True, Woohyun had already developed a slight bump and it could only be seen when he wore tight clothes. No one could detect it in his school uniform, but people would soon be able to tell.

Woohyun sighed and rested his hand on his small bump, "Right, not much time," he pulled his school jacket tighter around himself and continued to walk with Dongwoo down the hall. 

They stopped at one corner where they usually waited for Sungyeol and Howon, and then soon after Myungsoo and Sungjong would arrive. Not too long after their stop, they could spot the eldest junior and youngest senior. Sungyeol was the first to see them and he jogged over to the elders, Hoya closely following behind the choding, "Hyungs!" he called as if they hadn't seen him. 

Dongwoo smiled, "Hello, Sungyeol ah! Hoaegi~!" he called out to his boyfriend. Howon and Dongwoo both spread their arms as they embraced each other in a warm hug. Dongwoo pulled away planted a kiss on the younger's lips as he asked, "How was your day?" 

Howon smiled and answered calmly, "Long and lecture filled, but I don't have any assignments to complete. It also seems like no one has any to finish," he stated, shrugging his shoulders. 

"Not true," they heard a familiar voice say, easily identifiable as Sungjong's. The group turned around to see said sophmore and Myungsoo walking towards them. Sungjong looked like he was struggling since he had a large and heavy looking backpack strapped over his shoulders. He was hunched over and walking slowly, resembling that of a turtle. 

Myungsoo chuckled and peeled the large pack off the younger's back, threading his own arms through the straps and onto his free back. He adjusted the weight to his comfort and rolled his eyes, "It's not even that heavy, Jjong," he smirked, adding a twirl to his step to show how light it was to him. Sungjong just pouted. He was the most undeveloped one out of the group, so he didn't have many muscles yet. 

Sungyeol piped up, "Oh! Don't you have an appointment with the baby doctor, Woohyunnie?" the Choding bore all of his teeth in a blinding, gummy smile. Myungsoo walked up to him and kissed his cheek before turning to Woohyun. 

Woohyun smiled as well and nodded, "Yep! I'll have my first ultrasound, too. Sunggyu hyung and I will be able to see our baby for the first time," he reached down and patted his swell. He then zipped up his coat and started walking, "Come on, I'll have to go soon if I want to be on time."

The group walked down the empty hall that lead into the main hall that was still full and congested with teenagers that wanted to leave and go home. Everyone bundled up before they exited into the cold weather, seeing some snow starting to fall. 

"Ew," Myungsoo whined as he watched the light flakes fall to the concrete where it was already collecting, "I love snow and all, but I've had enough of it this winter. I want it to be spring already," this year's winter was the worst one they've had in a while. Pretty much everyone felt the same way about it. 

Howon giggled as Dongwoo wrapped his warm arms around his waist and snuggled into his neck, his cold nose rubbing against his nape. He smiled when he felt Dongwoo's warm breath ghost over his skin. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were cuddling into each other, Myungsoo holding Sungyeol against his chest as the taller was looking up into the sky to watch the snow fall in a new perspective. Sungjong was alone and wrapped up in his bundle of coats and looked content, looking down at his phone and probably texting his girlfriend. His backpack sat in the snow, Sungjong failing to notice that his hyung had shed his back of the weight. 

Woohyun smiled at his close friends and said, "You're all so cute," he admired it truly. He couldn't wait to be with Sunggyu for the day. The elder had texted him earlier during passing period mentioning that he had nothing to do after classes. 

Pretty soon, a familiar voice was calling out Woohyun's name. Said male spun on his heels, it being easy due to the slippery snow, and he caught sight of Sunggyu in his vehicle. The window to his vehicle was rolled down so he could shout for Woohyun. When Woohyun turned to face the car, Sunggyu smiled widely and waved him over. 

Woohyun turned to his group of friends and said, "Goodbye, guys. I'll see you tomorrow," he waved cutely and quickly, but carefully jogged to the small car. The others waved goodbye and shouted their farewells as well, including Sunggyu in them. 

Woohyun hopped into the car and relaxed as he adjusted to the warmer temperature of the car, "It's freezing out there," he stated. He set his backpack on the floor and pulled on his seatbelt. Once finished, he shrugged his coat on farther to get warmer. While this all happened, Sunggyu chuckled at the younger. Woohyun looked over with confusion in his eyes, "What's so funny?"

Sunggyu shook his head and smiled, "Oh, nothing. You're just way too cute!" Sunggyu exclaimed as he pulled out of the crowded high school parking lot, "I'm also excited for the appointment today," the elder added,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter