Nursery

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 27 - 33 Weeks

With a max of five weeks left in his pregnancty, five weeks until Jinkyoung would be in this world and needing to live outside of Woohyun, the Kim and Nam pair had to fix up the house fast so it would be ready for the arrival of a new baby. There needed to be things in places that needed Jinkyoung's sutff, like her toys in the living room, her shampoos and baby bath in the bathroom, her own utensils in the kitchen, and finally, her own room. It had been picked out months ago, but lacked what it needed in order for her to live and sleep there. All her belongings lay in boxes on the floor minus all her clothes and shoes which were neatly hung up on hangers or placed on the shelf below with every little pair lined up, color coordinated thanks to Woohyun's handiwork. Her crib lay against the wall in its box after it had been delivered almost two weeks ago.

Sunggyu sat in the living room with Woohyun under his arm and laying against his side. They were quietly speaking about everything and anything between themselves as they waited for the day's events ahead of them to get started. They were waiting on Dongwoo, Howon, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong to show up so they could start on the nursery. They had painting to do first and then they would be moving everything in and make it look presentable for Jinkyoung. The goal was to get the nursery done fast and that day so Woohyun wouldn't have to stress about it anymore. He was irritable about the nursery and worried about when they were going to finish it. Today was the day they were going to finish it. 

"Do you need anything?" Sunggyu asked the younger when the two fell into silence. They had stopped talking and were now lounging in a comfortable silence. Ever since two weeks ago when Woohyun was put on mandatory bed rest, Sunggyu had become Woohyun's personal "maid" and was at his every bend and will, making sure he had everything and if he thought Woohyun was missing something, he made sure the younger and very pregnant male had it at his. Woohyun hadn't had something to drink in an hour and Sunggyu wanted to get him something to drink before he got too thirsty. 

"Water," was Woohyun's immediate response before he added, "But not a lot. If I do I'll have to go pee and I'm very comfortable where I am," he stated, snuggling his head further into Sunggyu's neck, "I'm craving lemonade," in fact, that was all he had been craving recently.

"I'll go get you a cup," Sunggyu assured as he peeled himself from Woohyun and headed towards the kitchen to grab a tall glass of the sweet and sour drink. Woohyun stayed on the couch and folded his hands over his round belly. Jinkyoung was lightly moving around inside. He noticed that she was moving less as she grew inside of the womb. She was running out of room and it was getting a bit cramped in there, but hopefully she would stay inside a bit longer. 

While Woohyun was waiting, his phone buzzed inside his back pocket and the male reached behind him to grab his cellular device and looked to see who had messaged him. Dongwoo's name read bright followed by all the emojis he had edited by his name when Woohyun allowed him to choose whatever he wanted to put by his name. A collection of happy emojis with lots of color and it definitely looked like Dongwoo. The text he had sent only had one word and it said, 'Here'. Woohyun didn't have much time to react before he heard his friend letting himself in and yelling and excited hello to whoever was in the house. Woohyun turned around with a smile and greeted his best friends, "Hey, guys."

Howon was the first to get to Woohyun. His arms were around Woohyun's neck as he spoke, "I missed you so much and I'm so glad you're still okay," he added a collection of kisses to Woohyun's cheeks and forehead as he spoke. Him and Dongwoo had come back from their honeymoon only a week ago and they hadn't had any time to come and visit the pregnant male. This was the first time they were seeing each other after the wedding, "I'm so glad you and Jinkyoung are okay."

"Yeah, we were worried," Dongwoo agreed as he sat next to Woohyun on the couch, placing a tender hand on Woohyun's very large stomach, "You look bigger than the last time I saw you," he observed and Woohyun frowned at the comment, but Dongwoo quickly amended his mistake, "Which means you're taking care of Jinkyoung! That's good, Woo," he saved himself this time, but the next time he wouldn't be so fortunate. 

Sunggyu had made his way back into the front room and smiled upon seeing his friends. He handed Woohyun his glass of lemonade and hugged both of the visitors in their house. He too started chatting with them and asked them how their honeymoon was. The four talked among themselves and it wasn't long before Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong joined them as well. Then, the whole crew was at the house and they were ready to start working on the nursery. 

"We have to paint first," Sunggyu told everyone, "Get that out of the way and then we can move everything into the room and then organize," he directed. Woohyun smiled from his spot on the couch as his fiance told everyone what needed to be done and he answered everyone's questions about whatever. Woohyun thought about how blessed Sunggyu was to have leadership skills as he was today's leader for the nursery project. Woohyun also found it funny how Sunggyu was telling everyone what to do and how they would work together as a team, but Woohyun knew that he would just watch everyone else do it in the end since he would probably check on him every five minutes to make sure he was okay. 

After everything was talked about and adressed, the whole group headed upstairs with Howon and Woohyun arm in arm as the younger male helped him up the stairs, making sure he felt okay the whole trip upstairs. Woohyun hated being babied so much, but he had to put up with it. He also had trouble going up stairs since he couldn't see the steps in front of him anymore. He felt as though he would trip and he allowed others to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter