Anniversary

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 9 - 30 Weeks and 5 Days

Woohyun was awoken that morning by his own daughter. Jinkyoung had become much more active the father along in the pregnancy Woohyun was, and as the room inside Woohyun’s womb dwindled, her movements were felt everywhere. No matter what time, Woohyun was always shocked by the mere power of his daughter’s kicks. They were powerful enough to wake him up early in the summer when Woohyun was finally able to catch some more sleep with no more high school. But she was a baby and didn’t care when she kicked. She just wanted her mother to notice her. 

“Ow,” Woohyun winced as he awoke with a start. Jinkyoung kicked Woohyun right in the belly button and out of all the places she kicked, that was the worst spot to kick. Woohyun’s hand rested against his belly button and he pressed, trying to ward his unborn daughter away from that area the best he could. Jinkyoung was also becoming very stubborn and did what she wanted. This time she happened to listen and they she stilled, but Woohyun was still recovering from his now sore belly button.

Woohyun turned to look at the time and the bright red numbers of his digital clock flashed 7:34. Woohyun groaned due to the fact that he still could have slept for another two hours, but was now wide awake. Jinkyoung was ready for the day, so that meant Woohyun was, too. 

It wasn’t so bad then, because Woohyun realized the date. It was June 9th, the day him and Sunggyu started dating. It was their anniversary, their third anniversary of being together, of them loving each other. It sounds all goofy and greasy yes, but this was a huge milestone for them. They loved each other and were doing so many things in their lives that are moving them forward even further. It was a reason to celebrate their togetherness, and Woohyun loved that.

Woohyun looked over to where Sunggyu was sleeping. It was still early and he didn’t start waking up until nine thirty, the same time as Woohyun. He was facing Woohyun and he looked so peaceful deep in sleep. Sunggyu had showered last night and slept on a wet head, his hair was sticking up in every which way, his bangs hung in his eyes and the top stuck up. Woohyun smiled and thought about how much he loved this man. Woohyun reached over with his fingers and lightly brushed a strand of hair out of Sunggyu’s eyes, tucking it into his other hairs that stuck together. Sunggyu started to shift and Woohyun retracted his hand, afraid that he was going to wake him up. Sunggyu however was back to sleep and snuggling in his pillow, smacking his lips as he did so. Woohyun could feel his heart burst as he watched his boyfriend.

Then he had a thought. Since he was already awake, he should just get up and do something special for Sunggyu. Sunggyu always loved homemade breakfast and Woohyun was a pretty good cook, so he just figured he do that. He hadn’t woken up early enough to cook for Sunggyu before, and now this was his chance. Sunggyu was going to love it.

Woohyun lifted the bed sheet off of his body and tried his best to crawl out of bed without stirring Sunggyu awake. He was pretty big now and it was near impossible to do, but he managed and was soon smoothing out his shirt that had lifted to reveal the bottom of his belly. Woohyun tiptoed out of the room and headed downstairs where the kitchen was. Woohyun only grew more excited the more he thought about it.

Now in the kitchen, Woohyun headed towards the fridge where he would find most of his ingredients. He grabbed everything he could, eggs, butter, bacon, sausage, cheese, everything. His arms were full and he dropped everything onto the counter. He decided he would make eggs, bacon, and sausage with pancakes. Sunggyu always loved this kind of meal and he asked for it for breakfast and sometimes dinner too on his birthdays. Woohyun still had to search for the dry ingredients, but he didn’t know where they were. He searched the high cabinets to find nothing, and when he got to the lower cabinets at knee height, he struggled so much to grab what he needed with Jinkyoung in the way. He almost fell over at some point when he lost balance with pancake mix in his hands.

Everything was fine and Woohyun was ready to start cooking, dropping the last of his ingredients on the table. Woohyun sighed and brushed his hands together, clapping as he was proud of himself for not spilling anything or making a mess, yet. 

Woohyun then started on cooking, heating up the stove, mixing everything, the usual. Woohyun hummed along as he did his work, a slow song that he was quite fond of. He would usually sing it to calm Jinkyoung when she was moving around at night. It worked a good amount of the time and it soothed him as well. She would stop moving and go to sleep, and Woohyun would do the same. He had a lovely voice and he was quite gifted, something him and Sunggyu had in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter