Best Friends' Wedding

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 31 - 29 Weeks and 3 Days

Howon and Dongwoo never had open houses after the graduation that took place three days ago. They never found the time to do it, nor did they want to waste the money on it when they were also planning on having a wedding soon after graduation. 

Woohyun hadn't heard much about the wedding plans since he was so caught up in his own pregnancy and he truly felt terrible about that. He was the best man and all he really had to do was give a speech, but Howon and him were best friends, yet Woohyun hadn't stopped one moment to ask Howon if he had figured out what flowers they were having or who the ring barer or flower girl were. It wasn't like he didn't care. Instead, Woohyun was mostly at home resting as his pregnancy advanced and tried not to be sick all the time. His toxemia was becoming increasingly worse the farther along he was, but it was manageable. If he took medicine and drank plenty of water, he would be okay. He had drank almost two gallons of water the day before the wedding so he would feel well enough to attend without wanting to throw up everything in his stomach. He had missed out on the planning, but there was no way in hell he was missing the wedding. His best friends' wedding at that. 

“You feeling nervous?” Woohyun asked as he stood next to his best friend. Woohyun was studying himself in the mirror, using his finger to slightly adjust the makeup he was wearing today. Just some powder to cover a zit he had developed over night. He had his eyebrows done as well, something he hadn't done in months. Woohyun shufted his focus over to Howon, admiring how he looked in the mirror.

Howon looked stunning. The groom was wearing a simple, white button down shirt, buttoned up to his collar where a dark purple bow tie sat. Over top, he wore a dark gray coat with matching dress pants, the collar of the coat pure black. What was really stunning about Howon was his face and hair. Howon’s hair was styled up, dark curls out of his face and defying gravity. Woohyun was surprised to see Howon wearing makeup as well. He wore light pink eye shadow that complimented his eye color and his eye lashes looked curled almost, dark against his light eyelids. His skin was smoothed out with foundation and powder and he glowed, skin looking perfect. Woohyun couldn’t help but stare. He himself looked like a whale. He had swelled up so much since graduation, it was almost hilarious. His own suit barely fit him anymore, but he didn’t have time to alter it before the wedding. He just had to deal with it until the wedding was over.  

"Not at all," Howon almost chirped, smiling into the mirror as he looked over to Woohyun, "Getting cold feet was never a fear of mine. I knew I wanted to marry Dongwoo on our first date, to be honest," he confessed. His hands slid across his jacket cuffs and strightened them out, hand hovering over to the boutonnière to adjust it, "He is the man I am meant to marry."

Woohyun would have started crying right then and there if he weren't so excited for the wedding. Howon was hard to get to and he didn't just confess his feelings like that, so hearing him say such touching things like that was odd and Woohyun couldn't even comprehend what was happening. He was smiling like a mad man and was all giddy. Woohyun instead leaned into Howon and rested his head on the younger's shoulder. 

Howon then turned so that the two were facing each other and Howon held Woohyun in a hug. It was difficult past Woohyun's massive belly, but they made it work. The two stayed in each other's arms. They had been best friends all throughout high school and half of middle school. They had been through so much together, and here Woohyun was as the best man to Howon's wedding. Wooyhun already had Boohyun as a brother, but he felt like Howon was also his brother. 

"I love you so much, and thank you for being here with me today," Howon almost whispered to Woohyun. It was sweet and comforting, and Woohyun felt as though he should be thanking Howon.

"You're very welcome," Woohyun cooed, "I wouldn't miss this for the world," Howon then started to shake and Woohyun knew that Howon had started crying, "Hey hey now! You can't be crying now! You're getting married in twenty minutes!" he reminded the younger, pulling away from him to get a good look at his face. It was only slightly blotchy and his small tears hadn't left tracks down his cheeks, meaning it was an easy makeup fix. Howon was smiling though, through it all, "I can't have my best friend crying on a day like this! Dongwoo will literally kill me!" Woohyun exclaimed while laughing. 

"If he tries, I will kill him," Howon laughed back as he wiped the tears away. He was done crying and only had to remove the evidence that he had been crying, "Sorry," he started before laughing again and then continuing, "I'm just marrying my other best friend and I'm spending the rest of my life with him!" Howon exclaimed proudly, "This is honestly the happiest day of my life!" he added, jumping up and down in his spot. His hair was bouncing with him and his boutonnière was flopping unhealthily as though it was going to fall off. 

"Okay, calm down there, kiddo," Woohyun warned, putting his hands on Howon's chest to calm him down as well as straighten out his flower, "It hasn't happened yet, be this happy when the priest tells you to kiss," he reminded the younger, "Your excitement is getting to the baby," he informed, right hand now resting against his belly where he could feel Jinkyoung freaking out. She was kicking higher up into his ribs, but he also felt movement near the middle of his belly. Jinkyoung had turned face down the night after graduation and that was a sleepless night for Woohyun. She took her sweet time as she turned and it had kept Woohyun up until five in the morning. She was more susceptible to noise now and hearing Howon's excitement made her excited too. 

Howon's face then dropped into concern and his hands were soon on Woohyun's belly too with gentle hands, "Is she okay though?" Howon asked. If he upset Jinkyoung he couldn't live with himself. Howon was the unofficial god father of Jinkyoung and he felt responsible for her already. If anything were to happen to both Woohyun and Sunggyu, Howon would get to take her in. In a way, he felt like this was his child too. 

Woohyun smiled and shook his head, "She's fine, just wiggly. She's excited for Uncle Howon and Dongwoo to finally get married today," Woohyun played, using his hand to reassure the younger male with a loving pat. He then shifted Howon's hands to where Jinkyoung was actually moving and Howon's face lit up with excitement. 

The two were then interrupted by the opening of the door to the room Howon was using to get ready. Both Woohyun and Howon turned around to see Sunggyu peaking his head into the room, "Hello," he chirped before fully coming into the room, "Your cue will be in two more minutes," Sunggyu announced as he approached Woohyun's side, "I just came back to take Woohyun to our seats," Sunggyu nodded and looked Howon up and down, also admiring how he looked. Sunggyu then stepped forward and hugged Howon tightly, the other doing so as well, "I'm so happy for you two," Sunggyu cooed happily. You could practically hear the smile in his voice. 

"Thank you," Howon spoke, pulling away from the hug. He patted Sunggyu's shoulder and added, "You better take care of Woohyun," it almost sounded like a threat to be honest. 

Sunggyu nervously laughed and turned to Woohyun again, sticking out his arm so he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter