Christmas Surprises

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 24 Christmas Eve

"Sunggyu ah, can you hand me that present over there?" Mrs. Nam asked, pointing at the specific wrapped present she wanted under the Christmas tree. She was sitting on the couch that was too far from the tree for her to reach   "Sure," was Sunggyu's only reply as he gladly reached over and grabbed the colorfully wrapped present. He caught a glimpse at the tag. It read To: Woohyun from Umma and Appa. He smiled and handed the present to Mrs. Nam and she accepted it with a smile, keeping it in her hand. Sunggyu settled back in his spot on the floor in front of the couch, his back against the couch. Woohyun snuggled back into the elder and wrapped an arm around his torso leading to his side.    "Sunggyu, we have a tradition where we open a specific present on Christmas Eve. Sunggyu, Woohyun, I have yours both right here. Here, but don't open it just yet," she held out two wrapped bundles, one including the one Sunggyu grabbed, flimsy and thick in feeling. Sunggyu grabbed the two and handed Woohyun his.   Woohyun smiled and said, "This is my favorite tradition," he sat up, leaving the comfort of Sunggyu and settled the present on his lap, waiting patiently for his mother to finish handing out the presents. He played with the expertly curled ribbon that tied the present together.    Mrs. Nam handed out every other present to every other person in the room, "Boohyun, Hyunsoo," she named, handing out the presents for said people. Her husband and son gratefully accepted them, also knowing what the bundles contained.    Mrs. Nam set her own bundle on her lap and clasped her hands together, saying, "Okay, since we all have our own, you can now open them!" she started to carefully unwrap the paper that wrapped her present, wanting to save the delicate and colorful paper to reuse some other time.    Sunggyu looked over to Boohyun and Mr. Nam to see them also unwrapping their presents. He turned his head to see Woohyun doing the same. So it was natural to do the same in this situation. He couldn't wait anymore to see what he recieved.    Sunggyu carefully opened his present, doing the same and saving the paper for the Nams. When he got to the actual present, he could tell that the material was soft and warming. He pulled the material out to reveal a pair of flannel pajama bottoms. They were black and patterned with white snowflakes. Sunggyu smiled and said, "Thank you so much, Umma and Appa!" he stood up and opened them up, holding them against his legs to see the length. Just right.   He looked up to see everyone else holding pajama bottoms as well, in many different variations. Boohyun's were dark red and patterned in snowmen, Mr. Nam's being plain flannel bottoms, Mrs. Nam's being a light pink shade, Woohyun's being light blue and patterned with snowflakes, like Sunggyu's to match.    Woohyun smiled and turned to Sunggyu to explain, "We do this every year on Christmas Eve. Wear our new pajamas to bed and sleep in them for Christmas morning. I can't remember not doing it ever," Woohyun stated as he looked down at his and Sunggyu's matching bottoms, "We match," he added, setting his on top of Sunggyu's to compare.   Sunggyu smiled and nodded, "It's cute, I think," he leaned over and kissed Woohyun's temple. Woohyun giggled and hummed an agreement, rubbing the material between his thumb and finger.    "I would love to stay up with you kids, but I'm going to bed so "Santa" can come tonight," Mr. Nam said as he got up to go to his room, emphasizing on the Santa part. He smiled, a twinkle in his eye as he added, "He won't bring you your presents if you don't go to bed soon."   Boohyun rolled his eyes and said, "Appa, we are too old for that. I'm twenty-six for crying out loud," he got up on his feet and also made his way to the guest room, where he was staying for the holidays with his parents.    Mr. Nam pursed his lips and argued, "No you aren't," with that, he his heel and entered his bedroom. His children would always be little in his heart and mind.    Mrs. Nam sighed and said, "Well, goodnight, Woohyun ah," she bid her goodnights, placing a kiss on her son's forehead. She then moved onto Sunggyu doing the same to him, "Goodnight, Sunggyu ah," Sunggyu had to stoop lower in order for her to reach his forehead. Once she had kissed her sons goodnight, she too went and followed her husband into their room.    Sunggyu s his hand through Woohyun's and said, "Let's go to bed now," he flashed a smile and the younger blushed, loving the way his boyfriend's teeth sparkle even by the dim, colored light provided by the Christmas tree lights.    The two made their way up the stairs and into Woohyun's bedroom. Sunggyu was last to enter and closed the door behind him. Almost immediately, he slid his current pajama pants off to switch them with his new pair. Once he had the new ones on, he put the older ones in his bags, having been worn for about and hour or so.   He looked up to see Woohyun standing in the middle of the room, texting someone on his phone. Sunggyu chuckled and said, "Let me help you get dressed," he slid Woohyun's pants down, earning a yelp from the younger, having not been paying attention to the elder. He grabbed the hem and pulled his pants back up, giving an irritated look to Sunggyu. The small eyed male laughed and said, "I want to help you change."   Woohyun's expression softened and nodded, continuing his conversation with whomever on his phone. Sunggyu smiled and again pulled the younger's bottoms down to replace them with his new ones. When he eventually got them on, he wrapped his arms around Woohyun's waist, reading over his shoulder, "Who are you texting?"   Woohyun turned his head and answered, "I'm texting Hoya," he turned back to his phone, "He's with Dongwoo hyung right now, apparently."   Sunggyu smiled, thinking of the YaDong couple as he and his friends called them. He remembered about what Dongwoo had told him and his plans for his proposal to the Busan boy. He didn't know if the dinosaur had told anyone else about his plans, so he kept it a secret to himself. But, everytime he thought about it, he wanted to blurt it out.    Woohyun looked down to the hem of his bottoms and pulled them up. When they fell right back down, the younger pouted and complained, "This pair is too big for me. It's tied to the limit and they are still too big," he fiddled with the ribbon that acted as a belt. He couldn't possibly tie it any tighter.    Sunggyu leaned into the younger's neck and kissed the soft skin, "Let's go to bed, Hyunnie," Sunggyu suggested, already leading the younger over to the bed. The younger ended his conversation with the younger and nodded.    "Okay, Sunggyu hyung," Woohyun agreed, setting his phone on his bedside table and plugging it in the charger. He crawled into the covers and started to pat the empty spot next to him, "Come on," he urged, "Right here," Woohyun demanded of his boyfriend, continuing to pat the spot next to him now leaving an imprin of his hand.    Sunggyu rolled his eyes and said, "You are so wierd, you know that right?" he settled into the spot where Woohyun wanted him and could feel Woohyun nodding against his sheets. Sunggyu rolled his eyes once more and threw an arm over Woohyun's side, settling his hand in Woohyun's that was curled up by his chest, "I love you, though. I always will," he kissed behind the younger's ear, earning him a smile.   "I love you too, Gyu," he turned his head to kiss Sunggyu on the lips. Sunggyu treasured the kiss, the sweet feeling of it against his lips. Woohyun unfortunately pulled away and rested his back onto his pillow, "Goodnight," he whispered, his voice heavy with sleep.    Sunggyu rested his own head down and said, "Goodnight," the last words until Christmas morning.   

 

December 25 Christmas Day

Their day began with the pounding of fists against the bedroom, "Yes?" Sunggyu groggily called out. His voice was hoarse due to the lack of use in his sleep. Woohyun stirred next to him and turned to face Sunggyu with half open eyes. He chuckled as he noticed how Sunggyu's were fighting to stay open. 

"Wake up you butts!" Boohyun shouted from the other side of the door, "It's Christmas morning!" his voice was followed by the sound of footsteps thudding against the floorboards in a hurry as he rushed down the stairs and into the living room where everyone's presents awaited. 

Sunggyu was now awake as he heard that it was Christmas morning. Of course he knew what day it was, it was just now dawning on him that such an exciting day was occuring. He smiled and shook Woohyun slightly who had fallen back asleep. 

Woohyun fought Sunggyu and snuggled back into his covers as he mumbled, "Go sleep," he messed with his bangs, moving the hairs that got caught in the folds of his eyes and relieving himself of the discomfort. 

Sunggyu pressed further, "No, Woo. It's Christmas. Wake up now!" he was now patting Woohyun's slim cheeks in an attempt to irritate him, finally resulting in him waking up. 

Woohyun turned away from Sunggyu, "But last week I . . . .," he trailed off as he tried to fall back asleep. 

Sunggyu laughed and asked, "Last week you what?" he poked Woohyun in the side and started to tickl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter