Diagnosis

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 30 - 25 Weeks 

"Yes, I'm calling in Nam Woohyun sick for the day," Sunggyu spoke into the phone as the class secretary listened in. She was, in no doubt, going through the class's online attendance page and marking Woohyun absent to inform other teachers of the occurrence. There was no way he would be coming in at all today.    Woohyun listened intently to his boyfriend's voice. He paid attention to the way Sunggyu spoke about his sudden ailment on the phone. It made him somewhat smile knowing how much the elder male cared for him and how much he worried for him. Yet, it added an unknown touch of concern for Lemon. Not enough to send him into a panicked shock, but enough for Sunggyu's concern to add that loving smile to his face.    Woohyun's smile morphed into a sheer grimace as his own body attacked him. Woohyun rolled over in his bed, grunting in discomfort as he did so. He felt awful to put it frankly. Every position possible had him feeling sick to the point of commuting in the toilet. He finally settled on resting on his opposite side, facing the wall and away from Sunggyu who stood in front of the bright window that only streamed sunlight of the somewhat later morning. It brought a slight pressure to his head, but his headache was incredibly more tolerable than his terribly sore body.    Woohyun's hands found their way down to his swollen abdomen. He was bloated and his prediction was that he was retaining water, a common occurrence as one progressed further into pregnancy. What was odd though was that all of his bloating also translated to his extremities. When he woke up to violently throw up, he discovered his hands to be swollen as well as his feet being extremely more so. Even his face seemed puffier than it was the night before. His discovery sent him into shock and he decided that today was a good school day to miss.    Woohyun could hear Sunggyu get off his cell phone with a shaky goodbye and thank you directed to the secretary for being so kind and helpful. He soon placed the phone down on the bedside table and a light sigh escaped his lips, hands going to rest on his hips for a slight second as eh cleared his head of one less worry.    Woohyun zoned out for a second as he adjusted himself a bit. A heavy sigh escaped his own lips as he tried to curl up into a ball, doing his best with a big, round belly in front of him. The sheets pressed against his face and he felt a great amount of comfort from the material that he momentarily felt better.    The rustling of sheets was heard next as Sunggyu crawled into bed with Woohyun, bringing the younger's attention back to reality. Sunggyu gently placed his hands on the younger male's shoulders, managing to turn Woohyun around for the younger to face him.    Woohyun whined while doing so since his whole body was rejecting everything that was happening to it again. Sunggyu apologized along the way, but continued to move his boyfriend in order to properly speak to him and figure out what was going on.    "Feeling worse?" Sunggyu asked, knowing that asking if he was feeling better would be a stupid question (because obviously he wasn't), he asked the better alternative. This earned him a small, yet pained smile from Woohyun as a reward for his efforts.    “What do you think?” Woohyun almost spoke through gritted teeth as he attempted to manage the pain he felt in his strained body. A heavy sigh escaped his body when he released the breath he didn’t know he was holding. 

A crooked look creeped onto Sunggyu’s face, not knowing how to properly handle the situation, “I’m really sorry, babe. I wish there was something I could do for you,” he cooed, feeling guilty since he was the one who put Woohyun through this pain of pregnancy. He couldn’t help but feel the burden of guilt as his beloved suffered. 

Woohyun’s anger receded and he shrugged his shoulders, “There’s nothing you can really do, Gyu ah,” he reached out and along Sunggyu’s face with his soft fingers. He knew partially what was going on, but he didn’t want to put fear in his elder boyfriend’s heart. He was no doctor and couldn’t properly diagnose himself. 

Sunggyu sighed and sounded almost defeated. He squeezed Woohyun’s hand and asked, “Should we call the doctor?” of course that was his first thought upon hearing and seeing that his pregnant boyfriend was greatly struggling. Sunggyu was almost brought to tears when he assisted Woohyun when needed. 

Woohyun sighed, unexpectedly, defeatedly, "Sunggyu," he started. sounding upset and almost apologetic. Sunggyu became even more worried than he already was and listened intently as he continued, "I have an idea of what's going on believe it or not."

Sunggyu's brows furrowed and he asked, "What do you mean? You know what's going on with you?" he felt his hand that wasn't holding Woohyun's subconciously rest on his boyfriend's round and swollen belly. It was larger than just yesterday and this still worried him. 

"You know my liver problem?" Woohyun asked, knowing full and well that Sunggyu knew about his preexisting condition. It had already affected his morning sickness with what he ate. If he greasy foods the night befoer, he suffered terrible morning sickness the next morning. His liver didn't take well to unhealthy foods in general but the greasier the food was, the worst he would feel. 

Sunggyu only nodded his head and was ready to listen. Woohyun took the cue and continued, "I think it, my liver, may be infected. And this isn't uncommon for me. I haven't suffered through an infection in like three years, true, but I have had so many of the same infection in my body that I know what it feels like and how to identify it when it does show up. I honestly think that my liver is infected right now. My body is under stress with the pregnancy that I bet it's making all this happen to my body," Woohyun was sure about it. He was sure he had a liver infection, and the process of healing was not fun either, he knew from past experience. 

Sunggyu was silent, taking in all that Woohyun said, "Then we should make an appointment with the doctor, right away!" the elder male exclaimed, jumping quickly out of bed to grab his phone again. He called the OBGYN at record time and waited anxiously for someone to answer the phone. 

As Sunggyu was wating, eventually talking, to the secretary at the OBGYN's office, Woohyun worried. Not only for himself, but also their little lemon. He was worried that his ailment would somehow harm his baby. He knew it, he could feel it. Mommy sense, as it was called. Howon had informed him of the almost "sixth sense" the day before when they were together. It seemed comical at the time, but Woohyun truly felt like it was his mind's way of telling him that their unborn daughter was sick. 

Sunggyu also set an unexplained anxiety inside Woohyun. It was almost as if he was afraid of dissappointing the elder. Like, his body being sick was his fault and if he somehow made their baby sick, he would upset Sunggyu. It was ridiculous yes, but Woohyun couldn' t help but feel terrified.

"Woohyun ah," Sunggyu's soft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter