Spring Break

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 21 - 19 Weeks and 2 Days

"15, 14, 13, 12, 11..." the countdown began. It was pure chaos! People standing on top of tables while towards the numerical clock hanging on the wall, less enthusiastic people stayed sitting in their desks but still participated in the counting, people standing at the door to the class, one foot out the door ready to sprint to the exit, people screaming for no reason except to portray their excitement. 

It was the last few tortuous seconds of the school day before spring break would start. 

Woohyun sat in his desk because getting up and cheering wouldn't make the time go by faster, plus Lemon was making his feet hurt and ache like crazy. Dongwoo and Barom stood next to him and cheered on, fist pumping the air and yelling. 

Woohyun spent the last few seconds packing up his belongings, shoving them into his book bag without care. It was mostly empty anyways since books weren't really needed for the day before an extended event of no school. He would sneak a hand to his belly every now and then to feel Little Lemon excitedly wiggle around. 

"3,2,1!" the class yelled and once the bell rang at the exact second, everyone cheered collectively. Some idiot in class thought it was even smart to throw a stack of papers up in the air like in the movies. Woohyun didn't get to hear the kid's punishment when he was called over by the teacher who had a pissed off tone to his voice because he was already out the door. 

The hallway was just the same. Papers littered everywhere and cheery voices chatted away as they discussed how excited they were for the break and what they were doing, or how difficult their exams were. Sad toned voices carried low as people expressed how much they were going to miss someone or the other blah blah blah...

Barely whispers: (no one cares...) 

"WOOHYUN AH!" a voice interjected over all the hall as Dongwoo cheered the male's name. 

The said male sighed and rolled his eyes as he turned to face the annoying dinosaur who had walked over with Barom and Howon who suddenly showed up still in his dancing attire from class, "What do you want? Don't shout!" he contradicted himself by shouting back at Dongwoo, but who cares? He was in a bad mood and was ready to go home. 

Dongwoo smiled and ignored the tone Woohyun was using, "Guess what!" he exclaimed, careful not to get too loud for Woohyun's sake, although it wouldn't make much of a difference in the extremely loud hallway. 

Woohyun seemed calmed down after taking a deep breath as he spoke, "What? I guessed it!" he cracked a painfully fake smile before letting it drop into a frown, "Now what?" 

Dongwoo smiled mischievously and reran the news in his head, wondering if he should risk telling him or not. YOLO right?! "Come here," he ordered with a wiggle of his finger. 

Woohyun sighed and leaned forward, "Closer," Dongwoo ordered and kept repeating himself until his lips were ghosting over Woohyun's ear lobe, "Ready?" he asked in a whisper. 

Woohyun was confused now. He had no idea what the elder wanted to say so he just nodded, "Yes?" he questioned, not sure if the news was serious or something else. He looked to Howon for help but the male just shrugged his shoulders. 

Dongwoo pulled back and inhaled loudly while Woohyun braced himself for a shout in his ear, but when Dongwoo lurched forward, he stopped right before his ear and whispered, "It's Spring Break." 

Woohyun furrowed his brows and frowned as he pulled away and swatted at Dongwoo's head. The elder was too fast however and managed to pull away before Woohyun could give him a severe concussion. 

Dongwoo laughed in triumph and had a pointed finger at his younger friend, thinking he had won. That was until Woohyun took his fist and punched Dongwoo in the balls. No more laughter was heard from him as he fell to his knees gripping his lower regions. 

"Let's go now," Woohyun ordered, grabbing the last of his things before slamming his locker shut. When he turned back to his friends, he viewed Howon nursing a hurt Dongwoo as he hugged him from behind. Woohyun snorted and said, "Come on, I want to go home." 

He wasn't totally heartless at the moment though. He at least waited for Dongwoo to stop crying and get up from the floor as Howon acted like his night in shining armor. Once on his feet, Dongwoo cowered behind Howon and hid from the hormonal, pregnant high school student. 

"They already left?" Barom asked Jun as the group joined up at the performance arts hall. It was full of rowdy dance students that were giving each other head locks and throwing soiled shorts and socks at each other. 

"Yeah," Jun confirmed as he snuggled into the elder's side, reaching up to beg for a kiss, "They left like, half an hour early. Didn't you get the text?" he asked, reaching into his uniform pocket to pull up the text and show it to his boyfriend. 

Barom squinted as he read the text and groaned, "My phone was off, so no, I didn't get it," he huffed as he reached into his own pocket and pulled out his phone to turn it on and read the text he supposedly received. 

"Where'd they go?" Dongwoo asked the two, confused as to what was going on. He had forgotten his phone, so he was clueless. 

Barom turned and answered the slight younger with a scowl once he managed to turn his phone on and read the text, "The love birds left for their spring break vacation already. Hyunil, Minwoo, Taemin, and Jaejun did," he scowled once again, upset that he didn't receive their goodbye text earlier. 

The dinosaur nodded in understanding. Taemin and Jaejun, Hyunil and Minwoo were dating and had been talking about this trip to Jeju island for two weeks now. They all planned to go together for a week and return on the second week of vacation. 

"So sad, boo hoo," Woohyun pretend pouted and wipe his eyes as he listened to them complain about their departure when he knew that they were just going to three way a Skype call at some point. He wanted to go on his vacation, even though it was less extravagant, "Let's go now," he led with a wave of his hand as he headed towards the exit doors. 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were gone too on a trip to Japan due to Myungsoo's birthday wish. They should have left by now since school had been out for ten minutes. Mrs. Kim was supposed to pick them up and take them to the airport where the rest of the attendants were waiting. 

Sungjong was going on a trip to the country side to visit his grandparents and he too was picked up ten minutes early from school so they could make it before dark. 

Their group of twelve diminished to a group of five just like that. 

The group talked together as they headed towards the exit doors that were less crowded  with people since most were either in a hurry or left early to go on vacation. Either way, it was still crowded. 

When they managed to get out, Woohyun spread his arms wide and faced the sun, "FREEDOM!" he exclaimed as he let the bright sun rays soak into his pale skin and blind his closed eyes. He embraced it though and enjoyed the first few tastes of break. He stretched everything, feeling his back pop and arms lock as they reached maximum length. 

Howon shook his head and patted Woohyun's shoulder, "Come on, Woo. Sunggyu's probably waiting now," he directed before returning to Dongwoo's side. 

Woohyun's relaxed intentions were whisked away as he remembered his other half. He smiled wider upon thought and started to jog to their spot, careful not to jostle around Little Lemon too much. 

"No running!" Jun yelled at Woohyun once he noticed the vigorous activity the pregnant male was doing. 

Woohyun heard and stopped. He turned with a large and noticeable pout on his lips. Dongwoo laughed as he walked up and wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, prodding him forward in a slow walk. 

"Uh, don't you think Howon's getting mad?" Woohyun asked, looking behind him to eye the said Busan male. He was somewhat amazed that Howon looked totally fine with the skin ship and even seemed to be enjoying it some. Possibly because Dongwoo did it so often anyway. 

Dongwoo looked over his shoulder at Howon and turned back with a wide grin once he saw the content look he held in his features, "Nah, because he knows that I'm ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter