Happy Birthday!

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 8 - 13 Weeks

Sun leaked through the cracked blinds on this early Saturday morning. The bright rays picked and prodded at the two males sleeping on the bed in comfort, goading them out of their trance to start the day. 

Sunggyu was the first to wake up, the sun landing on his closed lids. He scrunched his eyes and raised an arm over his face to prevent the light any farther. His eyes cautiously opened and he scanned his surroundings before focusing on the sleeping figure next to him. 

Woohyun was curled up next to him, his hands resting under his head. His hair was in its natural state, wavy hairs here and there among the straight ones. His lips were slightly parted, the pink of his lips showing as his breath escaped in mellow, even amounts. His face was relaxed, not one muscle in strain to keep an emotion. Sunggyu smiled at the beauty of his boyfriend. He was truly beautiful, that was no lie. 

Sunggyu reached over and fixed Woohyun's bangs that were sticking in his eyebrow. The slight movement was enough, however, to wake up the smaller male. Woohyun's face scrunched up and his eyelids attempted to break the hold it had on the lower lids. His eyes opened in a crescent squint to focus on Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu smiled at the younger and spoke softly, "Good morning, Woohyun ah," he leaned forward to press a chaste kiss against the younger's pointy nose.

Woohyun smiled back and croaked in his hoarse, misused voice, "Good morning, Sunggyu hyung," he brought a hand up and cutely rubbed his eyes with his fist. 

Sunggyu chuckled at the cute actions of the younger, "Also," he added, gaining Woohyun's attention once more, "Happy Birthday," he leaned forward once more and kissed Woohyun on the lips, careful of both of their morning breaths. 

Woohyun giggled hoarsely still and cuddled up against Sunggyu, "Thank you," he uttered against the elder's chest. He cuddled up to the elder, thinking that the morning was just too perfect. 

"Hey," Sunggyu spoke, "How about I make you some breakfast? Anything in particular that you want?" he asked sincerely. His hand ran down Woohyun's side to rest against his hip. 

Woohyun groggily smiled, "Pancakes will do. I've been craving them already," he giggled as a hand went down to rest against his abdomen where a slight swell was growing. 

Sunggyu leaned down and planted a chaste kiss on the younger's forehead, "As you wish," he whispered, breath ghosting over Woohyun's pale skin. 

Woohyun shivered and said, "Are you really pulling a Princess Bride quote on me?" he was amused by the fact that the quote applies to the situation nicely like in the said movie. 

Sunggyu laughed, "Yep!" he chirped, "Now I'll go make you those pancakes," he detached himself from Woohyun and got up and out of bed to prepare the food. Woohyun whined in protest, but only slightly since it was to get him food. 

Sunggyu exited the room and made his way down the stairs into the kitchen. He was greeted by the sight of Boohyun sitting at the table eating an apple. Upon entry, Boohyun looked up and smiled, "Morning, Gyu," he greeted through a mouthful of apple. 

Sunggyu slightly cringed, but none the less greeted him back, "Good morning, hyung. I'm going to make Woohyun breakfast," he reached overhead and grabbed the pan that hung from the rack over the island. He brought it down and suggested, "You can help me if you want."

Boohyun swallowed his mouthful of fruit before speaking, "Sure, I'd love to," he tossed the apple core into the trash can hidden in the pantry and made his way to the sink to wash his hands, "Why don't we use the griddle?" 

Sunggyu hummed in thought and nodded, "Yeah, then it will be faster and more will be made. Good thinking," he put the pan back and searched for the griddle. 

As a team, both Boohyun and Sunggyu were able to make the pancakes to perfection, making sure they were chocolate chip. By the time the batch of pancakes was done, Mr and Mrs Nam had woken up having smelled the aroma of pancakes. They soon walked into the kitchen with a camera, ready to take pictures of Woohyun on his birthday morning. 

Sunggyu stacked five pancakes on top of each other and made sure to douse it in maple syrup, adding a few extra chocolate chips to sit on top, "Do you have a candle?" he asked Mrs. Nam for and she nodded. He eventually got one and stuck it in the very middle. 

"Come on. Let's go surprise Woohyun," Sunggyu suggested as he headed off to the stairs. 

"Let me get my present for him!" Boohyun exclaimed as he ran off to get the gift. 

"Just be careful!" Mrs. Nam warned, "I don't want sticky syrup on my clean carpet!" she eyed him like a hawk, making sure the young man didn't spill any thick syrup on her white carpet. 

The group of four quietly walked up the stairs together and only stopped in front of Woohyun's bedroom door. 

"Light the candle now please, Umma," Boohyun spoke up, noticing how the wick lacked a flame. 

Mrs. Nam did as she was told and pulled out the box of matches she brought up. She struck a match and lit the candle that was red in color, Woohyun's favorite color, "Put your hand in front of it so it won't go out when you walk in," Mr Nam directed when the candle was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter